Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 10th May 17, 3:20 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    unknown_user
    MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle
    • 10th May 17, 3:20 PM
    MyParkingCharge VCS Parking Charge Newcastle 10th May 17 at 3:20 PM
    Hi

On the 25th April I parked in what I thought was a free after 6 car park run by the city council, parked about 7:20 went to the cinema came back and drove home, a few weeks passed and then when i parked at a park & ride to commute to work, I paid for a ticket. Later I noticed a dodgy looking ticket on the window, it said time of contravention 20:34, i didnt even look at the date, I paid for parking until 5pm and my car was not parked in the park & ride at 20:34 so didnt take any notice of it. A week later I got a letter (NTK) in the post from VCS advising of a charge of £100 for an unpaid parking ticket or £60 if I pay within 14 days.
    I checked the date and location and the penny dropped.

So I am now asking what would others do in this situation, ignore the letter or respond?

I understand this car park is now a private one ex council run and the fee is an invoice not a fine.
    I've read the newbie first and VCS appear to be a member of IPC. I have seen the template and thinking of writting back to them.

Frstly I need to go back to the scene of the crime and take a look at the parking signs, and take some photos etc.

Any help would be much appreicated.
    Last edited by unknown_user; 10-05-2017 at 3:32 PM.
Page 1
    • DarkShadow
    • By DarkShadow 10th May 17, 3:24 PM
    • 142 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    DarkShadow
    • 10th May 17, 3:24 PM
    • 10th May 17, 3:24 PM
    Have you contacted their customer services? Tell them that you want to talk to the manager
    Bank accounts
    Santander : 14 year relationship, 0 problems to date.
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 10th May 17, 3:44 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    • 10th May 17, 3:44 PM
    • 10th May 17, 3:44 PM
    I havent yet no theres an 0845 number to ring but thats to pay.

just so theres no confusion the parking charge notice is for the time i went to the car park after 6pm when I didn't have a valid ticket.

I found it odd that I had no PCN stuck to my window, but somehow a few weeks later i get a PCN it a different car park but for the offence on the 25th.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th May 17, 3:53 PM
    • 39,583 Posts
    • 79,156 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 10th May 17, 3:53 PM
    • 10th May 17, 3:53 PM
    Never 'phone a parking company. The NEWBIES tells you this.

The advice to ignore has not been given since the law changed in 2012, and is also explained in the NEWBIES.

Send the IPC template you have already mentioned. Copy and paste and send, no editing. Don't miss the appeal deadline which is often 21 days for an IPC member.

After that it is wait for the inevitable rejection then follow the advice for IPC members as per the NEWBIES.

What happened when you complained to the landowner?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 15th May 17, 12:53 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    • 15th May 17, 12:53 PM
    • 15th May 17, 12:53 PM
    Went onto the my parking charge website theres photos of my car in the parking bay.

Theres a small sign fixed to a stone wall a few bays away from my car stating its private land,

I didn't see anywhere on the sign you had to pay and how much just says its a 24 hour car park.

I'm still unsure about this charge, i feel its unjustified £60 charge, so I've drafted a reply using the IPC template and going to appeal.
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 15th May 17, 12:54 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    • 15th May 17, 12:54 PM
    • 15th May 17, 12:54 PM
    I'm still unsure who the landowner is to be honest but will try and find out.
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 13th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:10 PM
    Appeal rejected by VCS do I appeal again to the IAS or just ignore this now?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Jun 17, 7:19 PM
    • 7,140 Posts
    • 7,224 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:19 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:19 PM
    evidently you complain to the ASA ?

why?

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/suncity-uk-a14-282933.html

vcs/excell are keen to say that the "myparkingcharge" ticket on the car is not a NTD ,

in the case of excel/vcs you are being invited to goto there website and see if you have been lucky enough to have actually been issued a ticket , however at the time of the ticket appearing and the fact that no ticket(NTD) is on the car , they cannot issue a ticket untill 28 days + one ,so therefore its a sham
    Last edited by pappa golf; 13-06-2017 at 7:33 PM.
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Jun 17, 7:20 PM
    • 47,975 Posts
    • 61,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:20 PM
    • 13th Jun 17, 7:20 PM
    Appeal rejected by VCS do I appeal again to the IAS or just ignore this now?
    Originally posted by unknown_user
    The NEWBIES thread tells you about not doing IAS, and about a defence, if they try court.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 13th Jun 17, 8:08 PM
    • 1,348 Posts
    • 2,515 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    Was this Strawberry Place near St James?
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 13th Jun 17, 9:59 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    It was the Gallowgate Car Park behind the Strawberry Public House.
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 13th Jun 17, 10:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    Reading the second thread there is no appeal,as this is a IPC member.

Do I sit tight and just ignore any further communication from VCS/Excel?
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 13th Jun 17, 11:07 PM
    • 696 Posts
    • 1,526 Thanks
    Lamilad
    As advised you don't appeal to the IAS. Come back when you receive the debt collection letters from BW Legal
    • unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 29th Jun 17, 6:20 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    Hello

I received my notice of intended court proceedings today.States they are disappointed I haven't paid and noticed I haven't appealed to the IAS..(I was never going to).
    States they may commence legal proceedings quoting if successful can obtain a CCJ against me..
    Warrant of control a bailliff calling at my home.
    Attachment of earnings employer deduct payment from.wages and order to attend a court for questioning.

Anyone had this type of letter before and any action taken?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jun 17, 6:24 PM
    • 47,975 Posts
    • 61,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'd reply that you are equally 'disappointed' that they haven't crawled back under their stone and stopped harassing you, and instead actually do something useful in life for Society.

Is this letter from VCS or BW Legal?

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• unknown_user
    • By unknown_user 29th Jun 17, 6:32 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    unknown_user
    An awful template to produce a letter by vcs...for some reason they are quoting a case of Parking Eye vs Beavis about supreme court and charges are a legitimate commercial interest that are not extravagant nor unconscionable.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jun 17, 7:26 PM
    • 47,975 Posts
    • 61,429 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    'For some reason'? The Beavis case is what they all feed on, hence the current court frenzy.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,278Posts Today

8,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin