Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy_woman
    • By fairy_woman 10th May 17, 10:21 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fairy_woman
    Getting a divorce just found out our property is owned by my husband's mother
    • 10th May 17, 10:21 AM
    Getting a divorce just found out our property is owned by my husband's mother 10th May 17 at 10:21 AM
    I am in the early stages of getting a divorce I have 2 children with him and we been together for 5 years before I seek professional help I wanted to just ask on here quickly to see what I'm dealing with.

My husband told me he owned the house before we got married but I just found out he put it on his mother's name before we got married I thought all along he owned the house this has come as a shock to me.

what does this leave me and my children in terms of a settlement? He said to me he is willing to me put a deposit on a flat but he does not want me to have a share of the property this is what's really hurting me at the moment. Do you I have any chance of getting share of his property since I was working for the 5 years and contributing to the family also.

I really feel like I been deceived
Page 5
    • mattpaint
    • By mattpaint 18th May 17, 6:55 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    mattpaint
    Everybody seems to have missed (or ignored) the bit where OP says she paid for works on the house.

She shouldn't have paid that, as it's the responsibility of the owner.
    Originally posted by Gigervamp
    But she did pay it. And she would have a hard and expensive job trying to get any of that money back.
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 18th May 17, 9:50 PM
    • 19,628 Posts
    • 31,708 Thanks
    Spendless
    Everybody seems to have missed (or ignored) the bit where OP says she paid for works on the house.

She shouldn't have paid that, as it's the responsibility of the owner.
    Originally posted by Gigervamp
    Most people seem to have missed the bit that the OP hasn't come back to this ludicrous story.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,200Posts Today

6,872Users online

Martin's Twitter