Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bluemoon
    • By Bluemoon 9th May 17, 7:31 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 33Thanks
    Bluemoon
    0 WOW
    Teletext Holidays
    • 9th May 17, 7:31 PM
    0 WOW
    Teletext Holidays 9th May 17 at 7:31 PM
    Hi

Booked a holiday with teletext and have been conned, paid extra to have a larger bungalow but have found out form the hotel they have only one size, so have been lied to. Having no luck with customer service any advise
Page 1
    • richardw
    • By richardw 9th May 17, 8:36 PM
    • 18,078 Posts
    • 7,413 Thanks
    richardw
    • 9th May 17, 8:36 PM
    • 9th May 17, 8:36 PM
    There are lots of teletext complaints, do a search of this forum to read more about what happened to others.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 10th May 17, 4:17 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 10th May 17, 4:17 PM
    • 10th May 17, 4:17 PM
    If only people would search before booking, not afterwards. The 'only the bigger rooms, or only the sea view room' upsell seems to happen all the time, the call centre staff clearly need the commission. You will have to write and demand a refund, then when you hear nothing, sue them. Their representative will log on and see the complaint and promise to help, and then probably do nothing. Best of luck. They are not members of ABTA which does have an effective complaints procedure, they are members of the Travel Trust Association, based in Woking but others have said they appear to do nothing to help.
    • Bluemoon
    • By Bluemoon 10th May 17, 5:50 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Bluemoon
    • 10th May 17, 5:50 PM
    • 10th May 17, 5:50 PM
    Teletext have surprising tried to contact me!! Phoned the number they left me, the lady has finished for the day, will call me back tomorrow will see what happens.

As for searching before hand perhaps I should have but if you search for any company online there will always be a lot of negative comments as post more often when things go wrong and not when they go right.
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 10th May 17, 7:40 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 10th May 17, 7:40 PM
    • 10th May 17, 7:40 PM
    Bluemoon, maybe the endless complaints on here are beginning to have an effect. Good luck, you simply want the supplement you needn't have paid back, it really shouldn't take them long to see what happened
  • Teletext
    • 11th May 17, 8:22 AM
    • 11th May 17, 8:22 AM
    Hi Bluemoon,

We are sorry to read your review and apologies for any disappointment and inconvenience caused. Please can we have your TT booking reference number so we can arrange a call to you from senior a member of our Customer Support team.

Kind Regards

Teletext Holidays
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Teletext. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 12th May 17, 3:48 PM
    • 2,931 Posts
    • 1,477 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 12th May 17, 3:48 PM
    • 12th May 17, 3:48 PM
    Bluemoon

Please come back and tell us the good news!
    • Bluemoon
    • By Bluemoon 13th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Bluemoon
    • 13th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 13th May 17, 8:14 PM
    Good news, money has been refunded, so happy with teletext the way they handled it
    • Westin
    • By Westin 13th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,119 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Westin
    • 13th May 17, 8:23 PM
    • 13th May 17, 8:23 PM
    Good news. Thanks for returning to update the thread.
    • Kean
    • By Kean 14th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kean
    ...maybe Teletext might contact me as I have a similar problem and have come up against a brick wall with all other methods of trying to deal with them - absolutely terrible company.
    • Jessica Bulleid
    • By Jessica Bulleid 14th Sep 17, 5:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jessica Bulleid
    Looks like a common problem with teletext�� Booked a hotel in llorett de mar, they put us in a different hotel to the one we asked for on the phone and when we asked to change they told us we had to pay more, when we paid the amount for the advertised one! The one they put us in was cheaper. The hotel was dirty and the food covered in flies, luckily we took enough money to eat out every meal time. When we phoned them they told us that they had to charge us to get put in the hotel that we paid for! We then looked up the hotel they put us in and the photos for that are completely false. We were lied to on the phone and when I asked for a manger or someone more senior to phone back they said that someone would be in touch and never phoned back.
    Wish we had read this thread before booking.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

587Posts Today

5,910Users online

Martin's Twitter