When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aww I feel for your DD on the shoes thing- I've ALWAYS had problems getting used to new shoes and still do now. Doesn't matter how much I wear them in, it's rare that I find a pair that don't give me blisters after a mile or so of walking in them. Trainers and walking boots are less of an issue, there I just struggle with getting the width right as my feet are wide. Anything with a "sewn in" label under the heel is a no as it rubs and blisters almost immediately.

Good plan on the tailoring of the leftovers to the individuals there! :D

If your step-dad is a reader can you pop to the charity shop and if they do 50p paperbacks like so many do get 5 - 10 books that you think he'd appreciate? Pop them into a gift bag and that might work?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2017 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Surveys cashed out this week.

£50 yougov
    £10 Panelbase
    £5 My survey

I'm over the threashold on PA but waiting for some more to become available before cashout (£19.10 available/£28.85 pending)

Just keeping track so I know where I'm at.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Ugh, real fed up. I'm sure its just the disturbed sleep but the black cloud is def thundering over my head today!
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    When I get like that I visit the gym and take it out on the heavy bag... when I feel the negative energies build up I have to let them loose and find that is the best way for me...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • DaringToDream_2
    Options
    That's great progress on the surveys- I am just below payout on one poll and swag bucks but it's taking forever to reach the payout point now!! Used to be so good at it when I worked from home, but can't do it in the office so is much slower progress now!
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hugs lovely lady.

Hope you get some rest tonight, is there any chance you can nap during the day if DD naps? Xx
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Thanks all, still have the black cloud :(

I think I'll try to get a nap in if youngest sleeps today, I can catch up on the cleaning I miss.

General cleaning done, kids in school safely. Need to put the chicken in for dinner and think of a plan how best to make the most of it.

No pads mean the council tax needs £12 a day between now and the 28th just so I don't fall behind :( feels like one step forward 10 back!

Other halfs wage is awful this week because last week was annual leave, so only contract hours at min wage :( We've discussed this and he isn't going to come away in October and only take AL now when the company is closed for Xmas. Work allow them to 'cash in' so many holidays when they've acquired a certain amount. So this is the plan from now on, along with accepting every Saturday offered.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That sounds positive from the point of view of OH getting on board, at least. Might be a good idea if he does take the odd day here and there though - just to recharge his batteries a bit particularly if he's doing lots of overtime? Fingers crossed one day in a week where he's also been able to do overtime wouldn't impact things too much once another few months have passed?

if it's sunny with you then try to get out into the fresh air for a bit to deal with that black cloud.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • mobo1980
    mobo1980 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you feel better today hidden :)
    Think you have managed to get a lot done for 9am so well done you!

Mobo xx
    CC1-£1729.53
    CC2-£4323.00
    LOAN-£14,519.05
    TOTAL DEBT £20,571.58 :eek:
    Then there's the mortgage :o
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon my lovely.
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport