Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 9th May 17, 12:47 PM
    • 5,060Posts
    • 22,997Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...
    • 9th May 17, 12:47 PM
    When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up... 9th May 17 at 12:47 PM
    I'm back again, worse than ever to be honest. Things all hit a head in March and along with help being needed in other areas than financial I realised that the money side of things are a big issue in fixing things elsewhere.

Although not posting I have been reading the diaries I have followed, so many who helped along when I first started are happily debt free now. I want to join them one day, both in being debt free and in happiness.

Our finances on paper while tight look okay. However we both smoke and my OH is not very responsible. At all. I fell into a gambling issue which I've sought help for and not a penny has gone on gambling since March.

Our household is me (Not working, our youngest has complicated health issues), My OH he works full time with over time, and 3 delightful children

I will make a seperate post for my debts/goals and then one with our SOA when I've completed it.

Hope I can stay around to sort myself, the debt and the happiness thing out.
    DFW £1388.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £511.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
Page 50
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 9th Jul 17, 9:08 PM
    • 705 Posts
    • 3,270 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I almost posted a particularly vitriolic diatribe against your oh... deleted it, not my business, not my place...

You rock chick, you are a top mama to your kids
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 9th Jul 17, 10:09 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I almost posted a particularly vitriolic diatribe against your oh... deleted it, not my business, not my place...

You rock chick, you are a top mama to your kids
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    tis slowly sinking in

I hope the kids think I'm a good mum

• Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 9th Jul 17, 10:13 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I'm bored. I don't have anything left to clean or iron, outside is even clean.

Meal plan is sort of done, depends when OH makes an appearance because if he isn't I don't have to do as much cooking when he isn't here.

He's alive, he's used his bank card.

I still need to think of teacher gifts this week, but other than I'm hoping for not much spending on anything else. Bills are paid, gas and electric has enough on, we have food etc. Hopefully meaning I can catch up some of the short fall on the Council tax. Other than that not much happening.

• Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 9th Jul 17, 10:15 PM
    • 5,215 Posts
    • 17,419 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Originally posted by Hiddenidenity
    Me too....not you that is, me seriously though, yes you're a good mum, you're a great mum, you do a lot for your chicklings.

You'll work out what you need/want for the future, it'll take time that's all xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7250.00 Cap 1: £540.91 BC: £5196.94

AFD 3/10 NSD 2/10 LTW 3/15

20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 10 2017 #003
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 9th Jul 17, 10:46 PM
    • 705 Posts
    • 3,270 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Originally posted by Hiddenidentity
    I am sure that to them you are the bestest mum ever

Me too....not you that is, me seriously though, yes you're a good mum, you're a great mum, you do a lot for your chicklings.

You'll work out what you need/want for the future, it'll take time that's all xx
    Originally posted by Purplemumof2
    Absolutely spot on
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 10th Jul 17, 12:10 AM
    • 845 Posts
    • 7,642 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I don't have to tell you that you're a great mum. Your kids know that but honestly has he disappeared again spending money on can't afford? When is he going to grow up and take and take some responsibility? I suspect never. As far as teacher's presents are concerned a small thank you letter from the children will mean more than any gift.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 10th Jul 17, 7:26 AM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Monday it is

Just finishing my coffee before waking the kids.

Wonder if the cooker will arrive today

Nothing much else to do today, watch tennis

Hope everyone else has a happy monday x

• charlies tribe
    • By charlies tribe 10th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 3,620 Thanks
    charlies tribe
    Morning HI. Just a quick post. Wanted to say well done on the payments and how you are managing fantastically! I haven't posted for a while but have been reading.
    RE: DLA, We never had our letter from consultant either, I put in their contact details and copies of any appointment letters/the letters they send after and all that was enough, they never contacted the hospital for any more information. Hopefully your forms go through ok.
    Good luck with the job decision, if you took the 10 hour contract would you be able to drop to just the 10 hours if it is too much or would they expect the 24? If you get the higher rates of DLA you would still be able to work the 10 hours and get carers allowance, giving you some much needed time to be you but lower hours if you needed too. Good luck with whatever you decide x
    LBM in April 17 - £3786/£33554 (11.2%) paid
    DFD: 1st May 2022
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 11th Jul 17, 8:18 AM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Morning 9 more school days

Thanks CT Consultant has fired a lot of info over and now its just waiting to be dealt with, does it usually take this long?

No I'd be expected to do the 24 hours term time regardless as that's the position I'd be taking. There is a lower position though doing 11-1 but thats doing something I don't like doing and I know by doing the 24 hours someone will be willing to swap on my days I have to do that bit and I can do something else.

Anyway job taken. No trial she doesn't feel it's needed because I've done it before and know everyone. Uniform ordered, need to buy shoes.

Also have uniform and stuff to buy for kids, will do my list at some point today and make a start this week.

Yesterday was a NSD and so should today, Need to cook some food up and freeze because it isn't getting used why OH isn't here. Dreading this weeks wage He only worked 1 day and the Saturday. Might have to use the 'saved' money for the hospital and pay it back as a priority.

• Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 11th Jul 17, 8:45 AM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    New cooker arrived yesterday, its amazing So happy!

Fridge has new shelves coming this week for free Complaining pays off sometimes

£15 received today from panelbase and £10 Amazon from Ipsos app.

I think I'm going to use some Amazon for my book depends how the tennis goes

• GeorgianaCavendish
    • By GeorgianaCavendish 11th Jul 17, 8:49 AM
    • 513 Posts
    • 2,340 Thanks
    GeorgianaCavendish
    Yay! So pleased the cooker has arrived
    Do you have a start date for the job? Sorry if I've missed this info before.

Enjoy the tennis today, it was great yesterday!
    Georgiana, Duchess of Debt-shire's July 2017 Debt Totals: HSBC Loan £11,362.14 / MBNA £3318.34 / Barclaycard £6360.70 / Lloyds £3560 / Tesco £972.50/ Dreams £259

And don't forget the Student Loan! £10,765.93 (April 2017)
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 11th Jul 17, 8:57 AM
    • 492 Posts
    • 1,345 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    All sounds well Hidden.

And I bet your over the moon with the new cooker and your new fridge shelves. It will slowly all come together for you .

The tennis is constantly on in our house (Not that I watch it) but the boy has decided he likes tennis and has a racket/tennis set that he always wants to play with. That and badminton .. and also football rotfl:.

The job sounds absolutely perfect and I'm so glad you're taking it.
    Check out my Diary
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 11th Jul 17, 8:59 AM
    • 5,215 Posts
    • 17,419 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Excellent news on the job front and the new cooker

Have a lovely day x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7250.00 Cap 1: £540.91 BC: £5196.94

AFD 3/10 NSD 2/10 LTW 3/15

20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 10 2017 #003
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 11th Jul 17, 9:13 AM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    It won't actually start until the school term starts September 4th, although I have to go and do the things for my DBS check, ID cards etc. Plus there's 4 training days over the summer holidays I said I'd like to do this Summer holiday rather than wait until October half term. I'm away on October half term so couldn't do them then I'll be paid for training days too though.

I'm not sure when I need to inform tax credits though It says when the job starts, is that now? even though I won't be working till September other than the training? I have no idea maybe I'll need to call them rather than doing it online.

The cooker is amazing. Its really noticeable how much the broken door did make things take longer etc and I've only used it last night Maybe it won't take as much gas now things don't need to be on so long and heating up the kitchen at the same time

• Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 11th Jul 17, 9:22 AM
    • 492 Posts
    • 1,345 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Hopefully it will save you money, gas wise. I get so excited when we get new purchases for the house.

I remember being over the moon with a Henry hoover. I was like a child at Christmas lol.

Re tax credits, I'm not sure you could always phone them up? When is your official start date?
    Check out my Diary
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 11th Jul 17, 11:39 AM
    • 705 Posts
    • 3,270 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Great news on the job and the new cooker missus
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 11th Jul 17, 12:33 PM
    • 8,013 Posts
    • 41,429 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    I guess there is a lot to think about though, some of his points I guess are right but some are selfish! want to post them in here and let us be the judge of whether any of his points are right?

Tennis is providing me with tonights TV. Along with a few shouting at the TV
    Originally posted by Hiddenidenity
    Congrats on the job lovely - that's brilliant news and well done for digging your heels in and taking it.

I think whoever said you need to ring the tax credits people up to talk things through is right as it will be a complex situation with training days happening before you actually start officially. Wait until you get your official start date though to see what that says.

I bet you feel like you're in someone else's kitchen right now don;t you! Fab news about the cooker and the fridge!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£544.67 (17/10/17)
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 11th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I have asked for when the actual start date will be classed as then I will call tax credits, I think it'll mean we'll lose what we get now so will wait for the correct date before calling.

OH doesn't actually know about me accepting the job yet as I haven't seen him, oh well

We have got everything ready for the nursery visit tomorrow, except the prescription because it still isn't correct thats 5 deliveries incorrect!!

• Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 11th Jul 17, 1:41 PM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 17,183 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    I just picked up on your reference that the uniform has been ordered. Don't forget to keep a record if you are responsible for laundering your own uniform - it is tax deductible!
    MFiT T4 #2 update 31.2% after Q6
    Save £12k in 2017 #64 - £8833.96 saved (80.31%) after September - my annual target is £11,000
    OS Grocery Challenge 2017 budget of £3,600 £3000 (reduced from Apr) - 70.68/75% including stores after July
    My DFD is http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5593594
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 11th Jul 17, 1:42 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 22,997 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I just picked up on your reference that the uniform has been ordered. Don't forget to keep a record if you are responsible for laundering your own uniform - it is tax deductible!
    Originally posted by Suffolk lass
    Really?

OH has uniform since starting (company logo things so provided by them)

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,711Posts Today

7,688Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin