Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 9th May 17, 12:47 PM
    • 5,074Posts
    • 23,365Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...
    • 9th May 17, 12:47 PM
    When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up... 9th May 17 at 12:47 PM
    I'm back again, worse than ever to be honest. Things all hit a head in March and along with help being needed in other areas than financial I realised that the money side of things are a big issue in fixing things elsewhere.

Although not posting I have been reading the diaries I have followed, so many who helped along when I first started are happily debt free now. I want to join them one day, both in being debt free and in happiness.

Our finances on paper while tight look okay. However we both smoke and my OH is not very responsible. At all. I fell into a gambling issue which I've sought help for and not a penny has gone on gambling since March.

Our household is me (Not working, our youngest has complicated health issues), My OH he works full time with over time, and 3 delightful children

I will make a seperate post for my debts/goals and then one with our SOA when I've completed it.

Hope I can stay around to sort myself, the debt and the happiness thing out.
    DFW £1388.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £511.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
Page 117
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 6th Oct 17, 6:45 PM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,365 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Freezer homemade pizzas and salad Bad mum

Oh well they all tucked up in bed and fed. They were more bothered they had to shower and not bath

Now its back to lonely time! I hate being on my own I really need to find something to occupy myself other than cleaning!

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 6th Oct 17, 8:51 PM
    • 1,461 Posts
    • 4,046 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Hope your headache goes. You sound like you need an early night. Can you find something good to watch on tv?
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt at highest = £58,766
    Current debt = £16,234, Emergency Fund = £200
    Long Hauler No. 156 Spendaholics Anonymous No. 47
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 7th Oct 17, 4:27 AM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,365 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    So all night spent in children's a&e with youngest. Steroids and nebs and just got home. The community nurse will visit in the morning (hopefully not too early )

She's now bouncing off the ceiling and I'm ready to collapse in a heap

So £10 in taxi's and £2.60 in the vending machine

• missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 7th Oct 17, 5:32 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Oh hidden Hun! What happened? You must be shattered! Gosh bless you Hun. Big hugs xxx
    • XSpender
    • By XSpender 7th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 2,635 Posts
    • 27,128 Thanks
    XSpender
    Sorry to hear your little one has been so poorly x
    EF £1000 - £0
    • Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 7th Oct 17, 7:35 AM
    • 1,532 Posts
    • 17,377 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    Sorry to hear you had another bad episode with your youngest. I hope all settles down for you.

When our Son was a baby my husband was working abroad so I also had the long evenings on my own. Whether I felt lonely depended on my mood at that time but I tried a number of things to keep me busy (none of which involved cleaning or housework ).

I used to do exercise to a video (yes, I know, but it was VHS), make things like candles, soap and clothes, knitted or crocheted gifts and invited a friend round (I was short of these because I had not long moved to the area and had no local relatives). I'd love to say I studied but I didn't. It was hard. There was no social media. I did not even read much as my eyes were too tired
    MFiT T4 #2 update 31.2% after Q6
    Save £12k in 2017 #64 - £8833.96 saved (80.31%) after September - my annual target is £11,000
    OS Grocery Challenge 2017 budget of £3,600 £3000 (reduced from Apr) - 70.68/75% including stores after July
    My DFD is http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5593594
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 7th Oct 17, 7:40 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Sorry to hear you had another bad episode with your youngest. I hope all settles down for you.

When our Son was a baby my husband was working abroad so I also had the long evenings on my own. Whether I felt lonely depended on my mood at that time but I tried a number of things to keep me busy (none of which involved cleaning or housework ).

I used to do exercise to a video (yes, I know, but it was VHS), make things like candles, soap and clothes, knitted or crocheted gifts and invited a friend round (I was short of these because I had not long moved to the area and had no local relatives). I'd love to say I studied but I didn't. It was hard. There was no social media. I did not even read much as my eyes were too tired
    Originally posted by Suffolk lass
    That's interesting to read SuffolkLass, My husband is away a lot and I'm always lonely/bored in the evening but with no energy to do a lot as smalls get up so early.
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 7th Oct 17, 7:44 AM
    • 5,242 Posts
    • 17,584 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Morning HI,

Sorry that DD had a rough night, hope she's a bit better today.

Try and take it easy today xxx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7250.00 Cap 1: £529.05 BC: £5196.94

AFD 0/10 NSD 0/10 LTW 0/10

20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 10 2017 #003
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 7th Oct 17, 8:11 AM
    • 4,451 Posts
    • 24,913 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Oh no to the A&E visit Hope she's feeling better today.

Try and get some rest, although easier said than done with little ones raring to go xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot £671.22
    October NSD 6/15
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 7th Oct 17, 8:37 AM
    • 1,461 Posts
    • 4,046 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Poor you and poor DD Hopefully her asthma will improve as she gets older but it's very worrying for you.

I hope you have a lovely Saturday
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt at highest = £58,766
    Current debt = £16,234, Emergency Fund = £200
    Long Hauler No. 156 Spendaholics Anonymous No. 47
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 7th Oct 17, 10:04 AM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,365 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Thanks all it was definitely a long night by all. The oncall gp was sending an ambulance but it was quicker to get a taxi We have a separate children's a&e so it isn't usually bad but Wow my eyes where opened at some of the teens I'm scared if that's what I have coming!

Hairy she hasn't actually been diagnosed with asthma although she does use inhalers/nebs. She has had a lot of issues with her breathing though and they don't know 'why' it happens. She went to bed totally fine at 7 and went to sleep. So it was quite different this time there was no build up or warning. Def keeping me on my toes.

She was so good for them though they gave her a book of stickers and a teddy they call her princess (name)

• missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 7th Oct 17, 11:23 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,634 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Thanks all it was definitely a long night by all. The oncall gp was sending an ambulance but it was quicker to get a taxi We have a separate children's a&e so it isn't usually bad but Wow my eyes where opened at some of the teens I'm scared if that's what I have coming!

Hairy she hasn't actually been diagnosed with asthma although she does use inhalers/nebs. She has had a lot of issues with her breathing though and they don't know 'why' it happens. She went to bed totally fine at 7 and went to sleep. So it was quite different this time there was no build up or warning. Def keeping me on my toes.

She was so good for them though they gave her a book of stickers and a teddy they call her princess (name)
    Originally posted by Hiddenidenity
    Gosh what a scary time for you! But bless your little one for being so well behaved, especially under the circumstances, she's a credit to you and it's all your hard work, be proud if not a little bit tired lol
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 7th Oct 17, 12:04 PM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,365 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I was so proud, it's something she's always struggled with and would never speak to them and just cried. It got to the point she cried before they even spoke to her. Not one tear last night! It's a total opposite of what she was like every other time.

She's playing jigsaws now and the other two are playing cards. I think I'm going to resort to coffee

• Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 7th Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,365 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Okay TOPM Christmas talk has made me want to get organised

Gifts are not really an issue, its very simple here and still would be if money wasn't an issue.

But I want to do a different activity everyday through December. Obviously some will have to be quicker/easier to do around school and the harder ones for weekend.

We don't do the elf thing.

We don't do advent calendars but will be this year

I don't buy special food, we have a normal roast dinner and I'll make something for pudding.

I want to create memories that aren't costing a fortune. Ideas also welcome

• DrSpendLittle
    • By DrSpendLittle 7th Oct 17, 12:57 PM
    • 140 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    DrSpendLittle
    Glad DD is better and recovered!

I like your approach to Xmas - I’m sure you’re going to get some great ideas and I look forward to reading them too!

Have a great weekend
    Since 01-09-17: CC1: £1,135.22/£1,253.73 | CC2: £600/£9,124.15 | CC3: £312.34/£312.34 | Car Finance: £315.82/£1,894.92 Short Term CC Goal: £2,047.56/£4,000 by 1st Jan 2018 (51.18%) | Total Debt Repayments: £2,363.38/£12,585.14 (18.78%)
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 7th Oct 17, 3:42 PM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,365 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    £100 from the Nationwide recommend a friend went in. Thank you lovely MSE'r. Much appreciated x

Have transferred £75 to savings and left £25 in the account to replace last night's taxi's and vending machine spends plus the netflix payment coming out.

Will decide where to overpay with the other. It should be mum really seeing she's making it awkward (another huge row yesterday and says some really hurtful stuff!) I cannot wait to see the back of paying her and never needing to repay her again.

All the kids are still just taking it slow We will all probably have an early night. We still managed to get the housework and DS helped and did a really good job. He's also done his homework with minimal help.

The uniforms are done and things but now youngest will be off until Wednesday at least until her steroids are finished. I'm hoping she can actually sleep tonight though I don't think I can do another 4 nights of zero sleep!

• bubblycrazy
    • By bubblycrazy 7th Oct 17, 5:55 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    bubblycrazy
    I hope little one feels better soon.
    I've just been looking at some Christmas countdown ideas and these are some of my favourites:
    Make paper snowflakes
    Write a letter to Santa
    Decorate the tree
    Go to a Xmas tree light up
    Watch a Xmas movie with hot chocolate (could probably do this one a few times with different films)
    Make Xmas shape cookies
    Picnic next to the Xmas tree
    Candy cane/chocolate coin treasure hunt
    Dance to Xmas songs on youtube
    Go to a local carol service
    Make a wreath
    Wrap up warm and look for Santa among the stars
    Make paper chains for their rooms
    Play a board game
    Sing Xmas carols
    Make paper lanterns
    Draw a Xmas picture (my dad has a framed picture my brother drew when he was 7, he brings it out every Xmas)
    x
    Last edited by bubblycrazy; 07-10-2017 at 8:11 PM.
    MFW - Original balance 28/08/2014 £52850
    Original MF date: 2049 Aiming for: 2025
    Balance 28/04/2015 £52250
    Balance 27/07/2016 £49990
    Balance 08/07/2017 £47999
    • Happierdays
    • By Happierdays 7th Oct 17, 9:09 PM
    • 144 Posts
    • 393 Thanks
    Happierdays
    Aw....wish mine were still little uns! I still do a bit of a stocking for them tho (18 yr old and the other nearlr 20 lol!) and fabric advent calender which I fill with choccies
    You sound very organised hidden... just as well to be thinking of it now I suppose as december only weeks away!
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 7th Oct 17, 9:17 PM
    • 5,074 Posts
    • 23,365 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Oh Thank you bubbly, they will definitely be added to my list. Nothing that relies on too much expense either. That is a great help.

Happier I don't like xmas time but want to make it special for the kids without it being all about spending money. I want to create things they will remember when grown up. I want to be prepared so I don't get worried about it

• emmie26
    • By emmie26 7th Oct 17, 9:30 PM
    • 490 Posts
    • 1,858 Thanks
    emmie26
    Hey hidden, sorry to hear you youngest has been poorly

Hope everything is well with you as I haven't been around for a while. How's the job going?

Total Debt: £24,359.79 £19,963
    debt reduced by 18%
    Debt free date: May 2019
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

377Posts Today

3,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin