Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 9th May 17, 12:47 PM
    • 5,060Posts
    • 23,005Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...
    • 9th May 17, 12:47 PM
    When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up... 9th May 17 at 12:47 PM
    I'm back again, worse than ever to be honest. Things all hit a head in March and along with help being needed in other areas than financial I realised that the money side of things are a big issue in fixing things elsewhere.

Although not posting I have been reading the diaries I have followed, so many who helped along when I first started are happily debt free now. I want to join them one day, both in being debt free and in happiness.

Our finances on paper while tight look okay. However we both smoke and my OH is not very responsible. At all. I fell into a gambling issue which I've sought help for and not a penny has gone on gambling since March.

Our household is me (Not working, our youngest has complicated health issues), My OH he works full time with over time, and 3 delightful children

I will make a seperate post for my debts/goals and then one with our SOA when I've completed it.

Hope I can stay around to sort myself, the debt and the happiness thing out.
    DFW £1388.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £511.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
Page 114
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 2nd Oct 17, 9:10 AM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 23,005 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Morning Missy, thank you hope you have a lovely day too.

I have DS home from school for the next 24 hours - hope that means he can go tomorrow He seems totally fine in himself so I think it might be the dairy overload he had with a friend He is going to have to come to my appointments with me today so I hope they don't mind.

Going to make the pie now ready to just put in the oven nearer dinner time, mash and veg is leftovers from yesterday

I've done the cleaning think I might have used a bit much bleach it's smelling very strong

Beds are washed and dried I should be making them but having a cuppa first.

• missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 2nd Oct 17, 9:52 AM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,615 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Oh dear re DS! I hope he feels better soon. Well done on all the washing! Your pie sounds lovely. I do like a good pie. Just sat down for a cuppa myself!
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 2nd Oct 17, 10:11 AM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 23,005 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    DS seems fine Definitely well enough for school.

I've made the beds and now having another cuppa I'm so tired today I could fall asleep sat here.

Awful news for LA, we are watching the news channel and it looks awful It makes we scared for what the smalls will grow up into.

• Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 2nd Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 5,215 Posts
    • 17,423 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Morning HI,

Glad DS is feeling a lot better.

Horrible situation over there, heard that there was 20 dead

Have a lovely day xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £7250.00 Cap 1: £540.91 BC: £5196.94

AFD 3/10 NSD 2/10 LTW 3/15

20p Savers 2017 £2 Savers 2017 50p Savers 2017 SPC 10 2017 #003
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 2nd Oct 17, 12:18 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 23,005 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I think the number's still rising Total devastation to so many families

Just popping on while I drink my cuppa before heading to appointment one, then back to work then pick smalls up and onto appointment number two! I'm ready for bed

• abba1772
    • By abba1772 2nd Oct 17, 12:21 PM
    • 3,865 Posts
    • 11,158 Thanks
    abba1772
    Hope your wee one is feeling better........good luck with your appointments today xx
    NEXT TARGET HALIFAX CC WAS July 17 £3572.57 NOW £5382.77
    POAMAYC 2011 £6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 £4890.54 / £6000
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 2nd Oct 17, 1:07 PM
    • 8,013 Posts
    • 41,430 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Horrible news coming out of the US - but of course they'll STILL continue to defend their "rights" for anyone who wants one to have a gun!

Ugh to the smell of bleach - it's one of just a handful of things that even now can trigger my asthma - horrible stuff. I always have a bottle at home but pretty much never use it.

Busy week you've got there this week with all those appointments - glad to hear DS is feeling better today though - fingers crossed as you say it doesn't spread!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    Sainsbugs 0% card: 22/12/16 £1229.00/£544.67 (17/10/17)
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 2nd Oct 17, 3:56 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 23,005 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Interestingly I wonder if bleach irritates youngests breathing

Some survey money in, along with some out the bank - moneys outstanding to mum £605. This is the one I am targeting any extras at for now. The bills are understanding she isn't

Kids home, I'm home! Cancelled this evenings appointment

Pie in the oven, going to do DD's spellings and then feed and bath them. Going to try and do Ebay listing tonight.

Bank has around £3 in now Hope we don't need anything
    Last edited by Hiddenidenity; 02-10-2017 at 4:12 PM.

• EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 2nd Oct 17, 4:42 PM
    • 8,013 Posts
    • 41,430 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Oh now that's a thought Hidden - could well do I'd say - certainly not something I can cope with in much quantity at all and I know chlorine can be an issue - the first I knew of even having asthma was when I had problems while I was swimming and the Dr said right off it was the chlorine in the pool that was the problem. can you maybe try switching to using white vinegar/bicarb/lemon juice etc for cleaning and see if less chemicals makes a difference?

Eek to money coming in and then going out as fast and leaving everything squeaky!

Good call to cancel the appointment this evening if you could get away with it too. Wish I was all snuggled up at home already!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    • jwil
    • By jwil 2nd Oct 17, 5:10 PM
    • 7,671 Posts
    • 21,398 Thanks
    jwil
    I can't believe that your Mum is charging you!

Well done on smashing September, and good luck for October's targets!

I agree about using ebay's postage. If you print your postage from there, you get delivery confirmation with Royal Mail added to the listing. It's really reduced the numbers of people claiming they haven't received stuff. Also those who do try it on, a simple point out that it shows it was delivered results in the item 'mysteriously' turning up.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 2nd Oct 17, 7:17 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 23,005 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Wouldn't be hidden land if it wasn't squeaky

I think I'd got into the habit of leaving a bit in the bank 'just in case' then using it to treat the kids to a sweet or similar.

School photos are in and for once all of them are amazing! Eye watering expensive though Might see if mum and sister will buy their own

Smalls are all in bed. I am so tempted to join them Some dramas are going on outside with next door so a bit on edge and definitely won't settle if I went to bed.

• missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 2nd Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,615 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Ah Hidden did next doors drama quieten down? I hate things like that, I sit on the edge of my seat listening!
    Just waiting for my washing to finish! I desperately want to go to bed too!
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 2nd Oct 17, 9:06 PM
    • 5,060 Posts
    • 23,005 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    No they are still at war I've locked up and come up to bed with a brew.

My diet has gone upside down! I had coffee last night and I had bread today!

I was anxious over my appointment that I changed Glad I changed it There's been an incident in the local paper today that opened some boxes and has caused a bit of a rift between me and my mum I know I have to leave past as past but sometimes I just wish she could answer questions. She obviously doesn't want too or feel the need to. Meh!

Wish I could erase my memory of the past Forgive, forget and move on.

Youngest has come and joined me in bed I would never allow it normally but I feel lonely so she can stay x

• missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 2nd Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,615 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Bless you, sometimes a hug from a little person is just what you need. May gives the biggest squishiest hugs! Sorry the past is difficult for you. It's hard when things are left unanswered. I hope you get a good nights sleep.

Don't worry about the diet, I too have had coffee (lots) and bread and biscuits (lots) and cake (lots). Tomorrow is a new day!

Chin up lovely.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 2nd Oct 17, 9:13 PM
    • 1,397 Posts
    • 3,602 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I wouldn't pay for your mum and sister's school photos HI. Make them pay if they want one, or give them the pics as a Christmas present

The bleach could be an irritate for your little one's breathing, gloss paint sets me off.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt at highest = £58,766
    Current debt = £16,234, Emergency Fund = £200
    Long Hauler No. 156 Spendaholics Anonymous No. 47
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 2nd Oct 17, 9:17 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 2,273 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Hidden have read local paper today and there have been a few sad things gone on. Hope you get a good nights sleep and that your neighbours quieten down .
    Aug 2017 CC1 £3549 CC 2 £1000

Debt Free Nov 2019: earlier if I have my way
    • cocalls
    • By cocalls 3rd Oct 17, 12:06 PM
    • 824 Posts
    • 1,914 Thanks
    cocalls
    hidden i love reading your diary and you come across as a lovely mum.

i hope you dont think im speaking out of turn but you mention you use bleach a lot, i think you said you used too much because there was a powerful smell etc a few posts ago. Im wondering if you're aware of the effects of bleach on the lung & respiratory problems especially in children. Here's one study about it https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/eyes-ears-nose-throat/are-bleach-fumes-dangerous-bleach-exposure-increases-risk-of-infection-in-kids/

but if you google it there's lots of articles about bleach, and id hate for it to effect your little one as you mentioned she has breathing probs. I understand you need to clean to keep in control but maybe its worth using something else.
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 3rd Oct 17, 12:46 PM
    • 8,013 Posts
    • 41,430 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Mmmmm..bread! There is no way on this planet I'd ever give house-room to any form of "diet" that told me I needed to cut out bread. If I absolutely had to due to developing an allergy I would but that's the only chance of it ever! might as well try to tell me that I had to cut out cheese - NEVER. GONNA. HAPPEN!

School photos - is there one of all three of them together? if so I'd buy a small copy of that, and then tell your Mum & Sister that they are welcome to order but they'll need top pay too as you need to prioritise where your money goes. Either they'll want them - in which case they'll get their money out - or they won't, in which case it's not worth you wasting your cash on buying them for them is it! There are very few school pics of me from when I was little as there was never the money spare for it really.
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    • missymoo81
    • By missymoo81 3rd Oct 17, 1:09 PM
    • 5,823 Posts
    • 19,615 Thanks
    missymoo81
    Hope you're ok Hidden and just busy with work, I hope DS is better xx
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 3rd Oct 17, 8:05 PM
    • 4,422 Posts
    • 24,699 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Sorry to hear something has happened to stir unpleasant memories. Big hugs xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot £656.24
    October NSD 5/15
    Weight loss 0/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,388Posts Today

7,799Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin