Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DrDoLittle
    • By DrDoLittle 9th May 17, 6:41 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 5Thanks
    DrDoLittle
    PCS for temporary stop on access road
    • 9th May 17, 6:41 AM
    PCS for temporary stop on access road 9th May 17 at 6:41 AM
    Hi, I received a PCN by post from PCS writing on behalf of Secure a Space for parking on yellow lines or cross hatched area on a an access road in front of a gate next to a local store in Ipswich. The store uses the access for delivery. I was not the driver but the stop was made with with engine running and hazards on. The charge was made using a warden operated camera system. The Letter was issued 10 days after issue of PCN and received 14 days after alleged incident. I was reading the Suffolk Council webpage and cannot find these markings. In addition its says 'We cannot provide 'H' markings in Ipswich as Ipswich Borough Council have their own civil parking enforcement powers and can issue penalty charge notices where pavement crossings or pram ramps have been blockedí. I am not sure of the signage but I looked at the Newbies page and was a bit confused about the template to use as I think this is an NTK. Any suggestions for appeal?
Page 1
    • DrDoLittle
    • By DrDoLittle 9th May 17, 7:29 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DrDoLittle
    • 9th May 17, 7:29 AM
    • 9th May 17, 7:29 AM
    Actually they are double yellow lines from the public road extended onto a private access road ... not sure that is legal?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th May 17, 8:38 AM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th May 17, 8:38 AM
    • 9th May 17, 8:38 AM
    Actually they are double yellow lines from the public road extended onto a private access road ... not sure that is legal?
    Originally posted by DrDoLittle
    The private parking industry largely does what it likes. There's no regulation and the government doesn't seem too fussed about what they're up to.

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 will do for now to start you off.

but the stop was made with with engine running and hazards on.
    So many people believe that having the engine running, driver still in his seat and hazards flashing is not parking. Urban myth - don't rely on that in a court.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 17, 9:00 AM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,075 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th May 17, 9:00 AM
    • 9th May 17, 9:00 AM
    treat the letter/invoice as an NTK as it appears PCS are being used as the "back office" here

use the appropriate template depending on which AOS the PPC is in , there are only 2 so easy to check on the trade body websites

coloured paint is exactly that on private property , but you should assume they will do as they like and that a court may decide that the restrictions they are trying to impose are similar to the national markings in that people are aware of the intention of placing them in situ
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • paulT
    • By paulT 9th May 17, 10:03 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    paulT
    • 9th May 17, 10:03 AM
    • 9th May 17, 10:03 AM
    I can confirm PCS act on behalf of Secure A Space - I received the same and am fighting the Original notice to Driver - which was issued by Secure A Space, appealed on day 26 and got POPLA code 30 days later, however meanwhile received NtK from PCS. Check the NtK is compliant.
    • DrDoLittle
    • By DrDoLittle 10th May 17, 4:59 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DrDoLittle
    • 10th May 17, 4:59 PM
    Thanks
    • 10th May 17, 4:59 PM
    I spoke to the store staff and they have no relationship with PCS. Apparently some of the staff have been ticketed and passed on to manager and no fine ever paid. The lines are new extensions which go all the way onto the public road. I was just curious as an aside as to whether this is legal. I will use the BPA template. and wait for a POPLA. Thanks.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th May 17, 5:10 PM
    • 15,962 Posts
    • 24,772 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th May 17, 5:10 PM
    • 10th May 17, 5:10 PM
    I was just curious as an aside as to whether this is legal.
    They can paint whatever they like on a private road.

That's twice you've raised that question here. Redx answered thus:

coloured paint is exactly that on private property
    You seem to doubt his advice? In that case contact the local authority as they have responsibility for the road markings. They can tell you (as we have tried to) whether they are legal on private land.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th May 17, 5:15 PM
    • 16,937 Posts
    • 21,075 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th May 17, 5:15 PM
    • 10th May 17, 5:15 PM
    I spoke to the store staff and they have no relationship with PCS.
    that is because PCS is a debt collector , not a parking company

your invoice is from Secure A Space , not pcs , pcs are the back office provider as you were told earlier , they are working on behalf of an MA or the landholder (or the retailer)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • DrDoLittle
    • By DrDoLittle 15th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DrDoLittle
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    • 15th Jun 17, 4:46 PM
    Hi have been waiting for a response to my appeal using the BPA template which I sent 10th May. They did not respond with a POPLA code and despite specifically asking them not to reply by email (tick box option on web appeal form) they sent an email asking for the identity of the driver. I ignored this waiting for a snail mail response with POPLA code. Instead today I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd asking for the parking charge to be paid in 2 weeks in full. Should I respond to PCS or DRP as I have not been given the evidence against me or the POPLA code. Any suggestions?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Jun 17, 4:59 PM
    • 7,767 Posts
    • 8,042 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Debt Recovery Plus Ltd also t/as Parking Collection Services & Zenith Collections

complain to the BPA that no POPLa code received

foward the email asking for drivers details as well
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 15th Jun 17, 5:27 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 3,215 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    complain to the BPA that no POPLa code received
    +1 send to aos@britishparking.co.uk.

They will claim they sent it by email if you appealed by email. Check your spam box.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • DrDoLittle
    • By DrDoLittle 15th Jun 17, 9:17 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DrDoLittle
    Thanks I checked my spam - no email received.
    I will complain to BPA with original copy of appeal which included tick box to ensure paper communication and avoid use of email
    Its such a scam - the documentation is so authentic and official - it is quite intimidating especially to people who don’t know that these companies are basically the same sharks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 9:22 PM
    • 51,872 Posts
    • 65,506 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Its such a scam - the documentation is so authentic and official - it is quite intimidating especially to people who don’t know that these companies are basically the same sharks
    It is indeed such a scam that we all come here every day to defeat it, and some posters here also lobby Government, to try to win the war as well as these battles.

Action by people disgusted with the con of this industry worked with clamping, which was criminalised in 2012. We continue to fight to stop the worst excesses of the industry now, they are no better than they ever were. One day we will look back on the current feeding frenzy and I honestly believe most of this entire crap needs criminalising.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DrDoLittle
    • By DrDoLittle 2nd Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    DrDoLittle
    I complained to BPA and they responded saying they were awaiting a response from DRP. In the mean time DRP ata PCS issued another letter giving notice of intended court action. I am sending this to BPA as PCS never offered a POPLA code. Should I ignore DRP or let them know BPA investigating? I am not sure they even read the correspondence!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Jul 17, 3:14 PM
    • 51,872 Posts
    • 65,506 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ignore DRP but definitely forward each letter to the BPA under the same complaint ref.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,477Posts Today

7,411Users online

Martin's Twitter