Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mono33
    • By mono33 8th May 17, 9:01 PM
    • 127Posts
    • 88Thanks
    mono33
    capquest advice needed
    • 8th May 17, 9:01 PM
    capquest advice needed 8th May 17 at 9:01 PM
    I had to google this company as I have never heard of them, and it says it is a debt company.
    The thing is they keeping ringing my boyfriends mothers house phone number and asking for me by name.my surname is different from hers and I don't live there as I have my own place. no letters from capquest have been received at either addresses.i have not received any phone calls to my home number or my mobile.I have also never given her phone number out to anyone,so I am finding this abit odd.
    Anyone have any ideas as I said I don't live there or given her number out, but yet there asking for me by my name.

Thanks
    Loves comping
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 8th May 17, 9:06 PM
    • 10,926 Posts
    • 8,147 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 8th May 17, 9:06 PM
    • 8th May 17, 9:06 PM
    Your boyfriend's mother needs to find some way of blocking their number.

If she does pick up the phone the correct response is 'there is no one at this number by that name. Please delete this number from your records'

If it's important, they'll write to you
    • marwood1975
    • By marwood1975 18th May 17, 6:18 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marwood1975
    • 18th May 17, 6:18 PM
    • 18th May 17, 6:18 PM
    I have been receiving texts and phone messages from these people, asking me to call them. However, they ask for Fatima, which isn't my name. I have no outstanding debt, check my credit report regularly and have so far ignored and deleted these messages. How do I stop them calling, I have no desire to speak with them as I know they are fishing. Any help would be amazing, thanks.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 18th May 17, 9:55 PM
    • 11,143 Posts
    • 10,819 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 18th May 17, 9:55 PM
    • 18th May 17, 9:55 PM
    Block there number on your phone.

You only need to respond if you get something addressed to you in writing!!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • marwood1975
    • By marwood1975 21st May 17, 10:06 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marwood1975
    • 21st May 17, 10:06 AM
    • 21st May 17, 10:06 AM
    I keep blocking them but the last few irritating messages leave me unable to do so! So very irritating
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 21st May 17, 12:52 PM
    • 11,143 Posts
    • 10,819 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 21st May 17, 12:52 PM
    • 21st May 17, 12:52 PM
    I keep blocking them but the last few irritating messages leave me unable to do so! So very irritating
    Originally posted by marwood1975
    Well if you want it to end you will need to contact them, but that will involve proving who you are to them, and then potentially putting yourself in the frame for this alleged debt.

At least if you do this, you can challenge them to provide evidence, which will decide the case one way or another.

Alternative is continue to ignore, but experience tells me you will be written too, sooner or later.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

398Posts Today

4,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin