Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Shery1997
    • By Shery1997 8th May 17, 5:04 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Shery1997
    MBNA closed new account
    • 8th May 17, 5:04 PM
    MBNA closed new account 8th May 17 at 5:04 PM
    Hi all,

I've read the forums for help before as previously my issue had been experienced by someone else so I knew what to do but this time I can't find this.

I'm improving my credit file as I had few late payments of small amounts like £15 because I forgot to pay on time and a few searches then after about 8 months my file started to look good. I become eligibility for lots of card and I did the eligibility checker on MBNA 43 months but it counter offered me 18 months in the eligibility checker which I continued to fill out for a full application and the outcome was a instant accept with a credit limit of £1000.

Few days later I got a letter saying that my account was to be closed due to 'anomalies in the information provided when you applied for the account/subsequent account usage'

I spoke to MBNA on the phone they state I have CIFAS information on which is preventing them from offering me that account. They told me they got this information from Experian and I should contact CIFAS for more information.

BTW I never got the card or pin.

I have access to my Equifax and Experian directly which shows no CIFAS information and also have once a monthly access to Call Credit through Noodle which also shows no record of this information.

What could this be?
Page 2
    • Shery1997
    • By Shery1997 18th Jun 17, 1:23 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Shery1997
    Apologies for the late reply as I didn't see this.

Yes, just waiting on the all clear from N Hunter.

Yes I quote "my team over are actually quite surprised that your Cifas came back clear and the only thing I can suggest is that you try National Hunter to see if it pulls up anything"

I also raised the question that if CIFAS data that is preventing MBNA from offering the account to me then can you tell me which markers it is such as Cat 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,3254,14234,123124 to which the agent replied "We are not required to tell you which type of CIFAS marker it is"

I'm not disputing that they tell me what marker they see as I know they don't have to but it come down to them seeing something on CIFAS.
    • Shery1997
    • By Shery1997 10th Jul 17, 12:03 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Shery1997
    Hi all,

Sorry I have been busy with life, received the N Hunter response a while ago but didn't get a chance to post it one here.

Here is it,

There are 5 "submission detail"

2 are from Creation Financial Services - 06/05/2017 & 24/01/2017

3 are from New Day - 30/04/2017 & 27/02/2017 & 31/01/2017

All these submissions have a page each with the details I submitted at the time of application. The only anomalies/fraud/deception that I can see is in one submission my work number is listed as my home. lol

All these submission classification is "decline" although I never applied for these 5 applications, I suspect them to be soft searches because I AM SURE I DIDN'T apply and PLUS THERE NO SEARCH RECORD.

Plus all sections on the each submission show status as 'Clear' with every overall all status as 'Clear' too.

The 'Reason' and 'Notes' on every submission is "No recorded notes" " No Selected Reason"

Now is any clearer as to why MBNA did what they did?

I feel as they just don't want to lend to me taking into account my last post as well.

While busy with life I brought a car on finance ( Hire Purchase), the finance manager at the dealer said Barclays the lowest lowest APR in his opinion. I did say Barclays would decline as my credit limit with them is £150 and they refused to increase but he insisted so he sent and it went to referral and decline and the next minute he sent it to Santander and it went referral and accepted 10 mins later at decent APR. I know it's easier that it's against car but still it got approved and it's already reporting on the credit file.
    After the car I applied for Tesco 15 months 0% and it told me my application is referred and they would contact me in 5 days. Two days later I contacted them and they said they are doing their checks and would let me know of their outcome. 5 days after that I called them and they told me I was approved and the pin and card are in the post. The next day I got the pin, just waiting on their card.

What should I do now? Forget MBNA and move on?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

864Posts Today

7,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin