Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 8th May 17, 3:12 PM
    • 14,785Posts
    • 119,219Thanks
    JackieO
    Sweet Chilli Houmous??? Is it easy to make
    • 8th May 17, 3:12 PM
    Sweet Chilli Houmous??? Is it easy to make 8th May 17 at 3:12 PM
    Bought a tub of sweet chilli houmous on Saturday in Aldi's and had some at lunchtime and discovered how nice it is .Any one made it at home and if so was it easy as I really enjoyed it .Plus if you HM it how long would it last in the fridge (apart from me eating it all of course ))
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
Page 2
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 18th May 17, 9:24 AM
    • 14,785 Posts
    • 119,219 Thanks
    JackieO
    Hi,

if you don't mind it a bit coarser just mash the chickpeas with a fork, add other ingredients, and mix, saves waste and cleaning.
    Originally posted by frugalmacdugal
    I actually did this to break it all down a bit,(used a potato masher) then chucked the whole lot into my blender as I haven't go a processor and it came out quite well if a little courser than the creamy stuff from the supermarket ,but as I was spreading it on crackers I wasn't bothered very tasty and really enjoyed it Thanks for a the recipes chums

JackieO xx
    P.S. added it to my online cook book Islandmaid Thank you
    Last edited by JackieO; 18-05-2017 at 9:32 AM.
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Islandmaid
    • By Islandmaid 18th May 17, 9:38 AM
    • 2,084 Posts
    • 31,595 Thanks
    Islandmaid
    JackieO xx
    P.S. added it to my online cook book Islandmaid Thank you
    Originally posted by JackieO
    Thanks Jackie . Glad you liked it, my kids grew up on it with some carrot sticks and flatbreads- cheap 'hollow leg' filler
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

June GC £250/£75.00
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 18th May 17, 3:16 PM
    • 5,882 Posts
    • 5,085 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

here's another we gem I've found, if you want to cut out the oil, (I don't add oil nor tahini) you can use low fat or natural yoghurt, just add as required.
    Y'all take care now.
    • YorksLass
    • By YorksLass 19th May 17, 6:46 PM
    • 168 Posts
    • 2,209 Thanks
    YorksLass
    Made this today with my last tin of chickpeas for my weekend TV snack with breadsticks or Ryvita Thins. Like Jackie said, it's a bit chunkier than the shop-bought versions but OMG it's so yummy. I have two pots in the fridge, one plain and one with sweet chilli and I doubt they'll get chance to be wasted.

Now need to stock up on chickpeas again! IM's recipe's definitely a keeper and I've added it to "my" cookbook.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too. Life has its ups and downs, use the ups to overcome the downs!

May GC: £160 - £149.63 = £10.37, NSDs 20/28 June GC: £200 - £198.63 = £1.37, NSDs 16/35
    • honeythewitch
    • By honeythewitch 19th May 17, 8:05 PM
    • 752 Posts
    • 2,365 Thanks
    honeythewitch
    Hi,

here's another we gem I've found, if you want to cut out the oil, (I don't add oil nor tahini) you can use low fat or natural yoghurt, just add as required.
    Originally posted by frugalmacdugal
    I make mine in a similar way with quark.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,923Posts Today

8,655Users online

Martin's Twitter