Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LifeIsHard
    • By LifeIsHard 7th May 17, 12:14 AM
    • 14Posts
    • 1Thanks
    LifeIsHard
    Atos assessment for PIP, I know they are gonna trick me but how?
    • 7th May 17, 12:14 AM
    Atos assessment for PIP, I know they are gonna trick me but how? 7th May 17 at 12:14 AM
    What do I have to expect they are so underhand and care only about money not truth.

HOW DO I PASS THEIR UNFAIR ASSESSMENT WHAT DOES THE PIP ASSESSMENT LOOK LIKE?

I HAVE SOME QUITE EXTREME MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS
Page 5
    • SandraScarlett
    • By SandraScarlett 17th May 17, 10:47 AM
    • 3,898 Posts
    • 28,656 Thanks
    SandraScarlett
    he'll just use a new user name and be back.

just like he always does
    Originally posted by nannytone

A few years ago, somebody listed all the known names he'd used, over the years. I think andyandflo was the first, with the next being his son, or daughter, who'd found him slumped over his laptop.

I used to find the tales of untold wealth, via his benefits, and his wife's purchase of Mulberry handbags, amusing, but sadly so many people believed the "advice" he gave, that it was worrying.

xx
    • lioness123
    • By lioness123 31st Dec 17, 8:50 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lioness123
    pip question and answers
    Does any one the q and a the assessor will ask.

I.e do you have hobbies

I heard if u say I go to the gym. This means it fit and able to walk interact and get to unfamiliar places

If you say I stay home read watch tv it means u can concentrate. Choose understand info.

Can any one tell me answers they said and if how they were perceived. Please help.
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 2nd Jan 18, 2:14 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    biggysmaller
    Use your common sense.
    Use Google to research the descriptors and the assessment process.
    People who can't be bothered to do a few hours homework on the internet and be prepared for what to expect will usually score zero points.
    So don't rely on this forum - Search for the net for PIP assessment hints.
    Common sense would tell you that saying that you go to the gym and have hobbies would hardly qualify you for PIP, in my opinion.
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 2nd Jan 18, 3:00 PM
    • 29,964 Posts
    • 56,267 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    Use your common sense.
    Use Google to research the descriptors and the assessment process.
    People who can't be bothered to do a few hours homework on the internet and be prepared for what to expect will usually score zero points.
    So don't rely on this forum - Search for the net for PIP assessment hints.
    Common sense would tell you that saying that you go to the gym and have hobbies would hardly qualify you for PIP, in my opinion.
    Originally posted by biggysmaller
    Maybe they have a mental health problem that is helped by going to the gym and having hobbies.

Really OP, all you can do is tell the truth.
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before.”: C.S. Lewis
    LOving and caring Corbynista to Jacob Rees-Mogg : 'Why don't you F*** off and die?' J.R-M 'If I do, will you please pray for my immortal soul?' '
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 2nd Jan 18, 6:01 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    biggysmaller
    The worst advice i have heard on here is to just be honest and open. These assessments simply are not as straightforward as that!
    Learn about the discriptors - learn about the type of questions they will ask you based on the discriptors. Make sure your answers match your answers in the PIP2 form. And remember they will try and disarm you and catch you off guard will polite conversation. Try avoiding chit chat and stick to the questions and don't add lib. They will be recording everything you say and watching everything you do. They ate not there as yoyr friend or aar to listen to but to assess you. So resesrch PIP assessments on Google and read the horror stories then research how people have been successful.... And move forward that way.
    I spent many days trying to understand the process.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 2nd Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    • 1,920 Posts
    • 1,778 Thanks
    poppy12345
    The worst advice i have heard on here is to just be honest and open. These assessments simply are not as straightforward as that!
    Learn about the discriptors - learn about the type of questions they will ask you based on the discriptors. Make sure your answers match your answers in the PIP2 form. And remember they will try and disarm you and catch you off guard will polite conversation. Try avoiding chit chat and stick to the questions and don't add lib. They will be recording everything you say and watching everything you do. They ate not there as yoyr friend or aar to listen to but to assess you. So resesrch PIP assessments on Google and read the horror stories then research how people have been successful.... And move forward that way.
    I spent many days trying to understand the process.
    Originally posted by biggysmaller
    You're advicing people to lie? Sorry but that's the wrost advice i've ever heard.

No they don't record everything you say, there's no secret camera in the room with you.
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 2nd Jan 18, 6:52 PM
    • 798 Posts
    • 1,436 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    biggysmaller's style of advice is beginning to sound rather familiar ...
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 2nd Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    Penitent
    I wish my assessors had recorded everything I said instead of the bizarre crap they actually wrote down. It would make the Tribunals a lot easier.

But, yeah...

"What do you do in your spare time?"
    "I sit in a dark room on my own and weep."
    "Do you watch TV?"
    "There is no TV in the room. Only pain."
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 2nd Jan 18, 6:54 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    Penitent
    biggysmaller's style of advice is beginning to sound rather familiar ...
    Originally posted by BorisThomson
    Please, no.
    • Ames
    • By Ames 2nd Jan 18, 7:15 PM
    • 16,749 Posts
    • 29,299 Thanks
    Ames
    Please, no.
    Originally posted by Penitent
    If the flat cap fits...
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 2nd Jan 18, 7:33 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    biggysmaller
    You're advicing people to lie? Sorry but that's the wrost advice i've ever heard.

No they don't record everything you say, there's no secret camera in the room with you.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    Read my reply correctly - I said being The worst advice i have heard on here is to just be honest and open. These assessments simply are not as straightforward as that! I suggested that that there is more advice to be had than just to be honest and open! Of course be honest but learn how the assessments are conducted and what questions will be asked based on the descriptors in your PIP2 form! You must always be truthful!
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 2nd Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    Penitent
    The not-OP asked about things folk do in their spare time and how those could be interpreted. Seven Day Weekend told them to tell the truth. This is the correct response and I'm not sure why you have an issue with it.

So, if they ask about what you do in your spare time, you tell them the truth. e.g. I watch TV, but I can't follow what's happening without subtitled. I go to the gym, but need to be accompanied at all times by my carer and can only use the treadmill and step-machine due to the inflexibility in my shoulders.

BTW - You spoke about people that "can't be bothered" to do the research. Considering we're talking about a disability benefit, has it occured to you that some claimants can't do all this research?
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 2nd Jan 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    Penitent
    To be frank, the biggest problem I've had with PIP assessments is the assessor making !!!! up and drawing unfounded and convoluted conclusions, even after I'd explained everything fully. The only way around those problems is to buy whatever equipment you need to record the assessment officially.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

445Posts Today

5,091Users online

Martin's Twitter