Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 5th May 17, 4:55 PM
    • 134Posts
    • 45Thanks
    vicki84
    Capita PIP Home Visit
    • 5th May 17, 4:55 PM
    Capita PIP Home Visit 5th May 17 at 4:55 PM
    Hi any advice for home visits do they go in every room of your house etc any help appreciated
Page 2
    • OneYorkshireLass
    • By OneYorkshireLass 6th May 17, 8:38 PM
    • 2,923 Posts
    • 43,854 Thanks
    OneYorkshireLass
    lol! I wondered what you were shouting about!
    Originally posted by WeAreGhosts
    I shouldn't read this forum
    #TeamCarter
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 6th May 17, 8:52 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    Thanks oneyorkshirelass and weareghosts your posts are very helpful
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 7th May 17, 9:45 AM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 4,135 Thanks
    Penitent
    I realise now after getting the report (I asked for it a few days after the assessment) that she was watching me like a hawk all the time. Noted my every move, etc.
    Originally posted by OneYorkshireLass
    as OYL said they note everything you do, which is a bit disconcerting.
    Originally posted by WeAreGhosts
    That was the weirdest part of it for me. The woman barely took her eyes off her laptop the whole time, but when I got her full report with the appeal pack, it sounded like she's been watching me in minute detail the whole time, right down to which finger I used to flick through my diary to check when my last appointment was (I've never claimed to have finger problems).
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 8th May 17, 2:34 PM
    • 7,734 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    If you want a home assessment (for any reason) - simply email DCPUALTERNATIVE.FORMATTEAM@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK and ask for one !!
    They will offer you exactly what you need !!
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 19th May 17, 9:35 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    Hi just an update I had my f2f today with a lady from Capita she said my evidence was very comprehensive I am not sure if that is good or not. I just wanted to say it was not as bad or scary has I expected.
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 19th May 17, 9:57 PM
    • 10,487 Posts
    • 19,470 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Hi just an update I had my f2f today with a lady from Capita she said my evidence was very comprehensive I am not sure if that is good or not. I just wanted to say it was not as bad or scary has I expected.
    Originally posted by vicki84
    Excellent to get it out of way. I would request copy of the report on Monday from DWP as they should get it electronically sent swiftly.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 19th May 17, 10:20 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    Excellent to get it out of way. I would request copy of the report on Monday from DWP as they should get it electronically sent swiftly.
    Originally posted by Muttleythefrog
    Thanks I did not realise I could do that
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 19th May 17, 11:17 PM
    • 10,487 Posts
    • 19,470 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog
    Thanks I did not realise I could do that
    Originally posted by vicki84
    Useful to have it in hand.. yes the PA4 consultation report. It isn't the decision but it will lay out exactly which descriptors the assessor thought applied and why. The DWP decision makers tend to go with the report.. treat it as best evidence... could be some weeks before decision is made but hopefully sooner.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • vicki84
    • By vicki84 22nd May 17, 1:10 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    vicki84
    I called the DWP today they have not had my report yet so I think I had best wait and see what happens
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,893Posts Today

6,135Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin