Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • llcomp2
    • By llcomp2 5th May 17, 3:20 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 4Thanks
    llcomp2
    Wye Valley PCN
    • 5th May 17, 3:20 PM
    Wye Valley PCN 5th May 17 at 3:20 PM
    Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on how to go about appealing a PCN.

The keeper received a PCN from Parking Eye, for being parked at the Wye Valley Visitors centre.

The Automatic Number Plate Recognition clocked the information that it was parked for 16 minutes longer than it should, however parking tickets show it was an overstay of 12 minutes after the ticket ran out.

My current arguments are:

The driver was a genuine paying customer

No obvious signs to make clear to driver there is Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) before entering the car park and no barrier on the car park entry or exit.

And the BPA Codes of Practice, Section 13.4 for grace periods leaving the car park being a minimum of 10 mins

I have read the BPA PD&S Board meeting minutes from 30th July 2015 of an agreement supporting the 13.4 clause to reflect a mandatory 11 minute grace but I have not found any other information to back this up.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by llcomp2; 05-05-2017 at 3:58 PM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jun 17, 8:53 PM
    • 46,894 Posts
    • 60,228 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Proceed to POPLA, as planned!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• llcomp2
    • By llcomp2 15th Jun 17, 10:03 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    llcomp2
    Proceed to POPLA, as planned!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Great, thanks! If anybody has the time to look through the appeal for some pointers I would really appreciate it.

Best wishes
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Jun 17, 10:12 PM
    • 46,894 Posts
    • 60,228 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Looks good to go.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,620Posts Today

6,734Users online

Martin's Twitter