Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vmc-on-top
    • By vmc-on-top 5th May 17, 12:12 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    vmc-on-top
    PCN received well outside 14 day ANPR
    • 5th May 17, 12:12 PM
    PCN received well outside 14 day ANPR 5th May 17 at 12:12 PM
    Received a PCN from UK parking Patrol for an alleged parking offence (albeit I wasn't PARKED at all, just stopped to let wife and kids out at airport!) on 1 April. their letter is dated 1 May 2017. Am I right in thinking that because this was an ANPR ticket, the notice to keeper has to be served not later than 14 days after the car was parked? For info, the car is a contract hire (ie leased) car and I am the registered keeper.

If I'm right, how do i quash this?

thanks.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 5th May 17, 12:28 PM
    • 6,806 Posts
    • 6,765 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 5th May 17, 12:28 PM
    • 5th May 17, 12:28 PM
    if the car was contract hire/leased then they would have written to the name on the V5 , is the car in your name?

make sure the hire Co know YOU are handling this , and not to pay it

the airport land probably comes under the broad heading of "bylaws" and as such does not qualify the company to proceed to court , a more popular site is john lennon at liverpool , search on this forum and pepipoo and you will understand why they do not wont those types of cases in court
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Castle
    • By Castle 5th May 17, 12:46 PM
    • 1,191 Posts
    • 1,543 Thanks
    Castle
    • 5th May 17, 12:46 PM
    • 5th May 17, 12:46 PM
    Was this Newcastle Airport?
    • vmc-on-top
    • By vmc-on-top 5th May 17, 12:51 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vmc-on-top
    • 5th May 17, 12:51 PM
    • 5th May 17, 12:51 PM
    yes it was
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th May 17, 1:29 PM
    • 38,929 Posts
    • 77,676 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th May 17, 1:29 PM
    • 5th May 17, 1:29 PM
    Please answer the question about whose name is on the V5.

It is imperative that you get this away from the lease company as many don't understand the difference between a speculative invoice and a penalty charge notice or a fine.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • vmc-on-top
    • By vmc-on-top 5th May 17, 1:30 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vmc-on-top
    • 5th May 17, 1:30 PM
    • 5th May 17, 1:30 PM
    Yes its my name on the V5
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th May 17, 4:51 PM
    • 13,996 Posts
    • 17,265 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th May 17, 4:51 PM
    • 5th May 17, 4:51 PM
    airport land is not relevant land as bylaws apply, so the POFA2012 rules are not relevant either , nor is it mandatory anyway

the airport has 6 months to issue a penalty and use the magistrates court (like at other airports, train stations and ports)

UKPPO are sc@mming you with a parking charge

just use the IPC template from the newbies sticky thread, then ignore them , you wont get it !quashed" so you will be in stalemate for 6 years

come back if you receive ANY court papers , in the next 6 months or 72 months (MCOL for the latter)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • vmc-on-top
    • By vmc-on-top 17th May 17, 11:03 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    vmc-on-top
    • 17th May 17, 11:03 PM
    • 17th May 17, 11:03 PM
    email response to IPC template....

Having carefully considered the evidence provided by you we have decided to reject your appeal for the following reasons:

The vehicle was captured via CCTV footage unloading whilst stationary on double red lines where there is a large presence of notices stating: “No Stopping/Parking/Loading/Unloading In This Area”, see attached footage.There are signs around the entire airport complex including at the entrance that clearly state the restrictions in place. Security at the airport is paramount and any vehicle captured loading/unloading in any area other than the official car parks is immediately issued a notice by the CCTV operator.

We are contracted by the landowner. We have a signed agreement which fully entitles us to enforce the notices issued at the site. We are under no obligation to provide you with a copy of this agreement, as it is commercially sensitive, but we will supply the IAS with a copy should you seek independent arbitration of your appeal.

The charge is not issued under contract law and is not an attempt to recover damages for breaching a contract. The charge is an alternative to prosecution in the Magistrates Court for breaching the Airport Bye-laws. The Bye-laws also state that the Registered Keeper is liable.
    As the site is an Airport the timing on the CCTV cameras is accurate. Your point may have been valid if the site was e.g. a pay & display car park, which it is not.

Therefore the notice was correctly incurred.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 17, 11:15 PM
    • 45,826 Posts
    • 58,826 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 17, 11:15 PM
    • 17th May 17, 11:15 PM
    We all know that would arrive (as always) and we don't need to see bog standard IPC rejections. IPC cases are all the same.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72547051#post72547051

Come back if they try a claim - this is all covered in NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FACTS FIRST.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,899Posts Today

4,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin