Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cairndog
    • By cairndog 4th May 17, 10:14 PM
    • 183Posts
    • 92Thanks
    cairndog
    Ebay Delivery Wet Damaged Parcel How To Return
    • 4th May 17, 10:14 PM
    Ebay Delivery Wet Damaged Parcel How To Return 4th May 17 at 10:14 PM
    My APC delivery was in a large thick plastic sack and contained the 8 seat cushions I'd ordered.
    Although the sack was dripping wet and grimy it was strongly sealed in the middle as well so I signed and off he went
    What I didn't see was a tear at the bottom which exposed another black plastic bag containing the cushions. these were all piled in a drawstring bag upside down so it had leaked and some were damp.
    OK my fault for not checking better!!. I need to return them (sellers condition at my expense) as they are too small.
    What's the cheapest way to do this and cover their cost with insurance £145 ?
    Any suggestions please?
    Last edited by cairndog; 05-05-2017 at 3:42 PM. Reason: Incorrect courier initials
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th May 17, 10:19 PM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 4th May 17, 10:19 PM
    • 4th May 17, 10:19 PM
    What is MPD?

Your title says this was an Ebay purchase, was it?

Are you and the seller in the Uk and did you purchase on the .co.uk site and did you pay by Paypal?

Are you wanting to return because the items are damaged or because of buyer remorse?
    • martindow
    • By martindow 5th May 17, 11:01 AM
    • 7,038 Posts
    • 3,883 Thanks
    martindow
    • 5th May 17, 11:01 AM
    • 5th May 17, 11:01 AM
    What is MPD?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    DPD maybe?
    • This Year
    • By This Year 5th May 17, 11:33 AM
    • 1,216 Posts
    • 5,263 Thanks
    This Year
    • 5th May 17, 11:33 AM
    • 5th May 17, 11:33 AM
    What is MPD?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    https://www.myparceldelivery.com/ ?
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 5th May 17, 12:30 PM
    • 1,294 Posts
    • 6,872 Thanks
    NBLondon
    • 5th May 17, 12:30 PM
    • 5th May 17, 12:30 PM
    I need to return them (sellers condition at my expense) as they are too small.
    Originally posted by cairndog
    Hang on... If the items were damaged in transit - you are not returning them in the same condition as bought - which will almost certainly be in the seller's conditions - so the seller will have a reason to not refund. Have you actually told the seller that they arrived damaged so the seller can make a claim against the courier? Deal with that before an exchange for a different size.

And to answer the final question - don't use that courier!
    One day I'll think of something witty - Apparently I have!
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 5th May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 1,739 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 5th May 17, 2:24 PM
    • 5th May 17, 2:24 PM
    I've just seen a great example of how to "muddy the waters." :P
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • cairndog
    • By cairndog 5th May 17, 3:51 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    cairndog
    • 5th May 17, 3:51 PM
    Incorrect Initials Sorry
    • 5th May 17, 3:51 PM
    DPD maybe?
    Originally posted by martindow
    Actually should have said " APC "
    Whoever they are ?
    And no I won't be using them to return !
    • cairndog
    • By cairndog 5th May 17, 4:06 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    cairndog
    • 5th May 17, 4:06 PM
    Not Damaged Just Damp
    • 5th May 17, 4:06 PM
    Hang on... If the items were damaged in transit - you are not returning them in the same condition as bought - which will almost certainly be in the seller's conditions - so the seller will have a reason to not refund. Have you actually told the seller that they arrived damaged so the seller can make a claim against the courier? Deal with that before an exchange for a different size.

And to answer the final question - don't use that courier!
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    They don't count as damaged only the bottom 2 were damp
    ( now dry ) so this does not apply as they are in the same condition.

No I won't use same courier. I need to ensure they will get there in good condition so will have to pay extra to cover my £164 outlay!
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 5th May 17, 5:20 PM
    • 25,672 Posts
    • 32,229 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    • 5th May 17, 5:20 PM
    • 5th May 17, 5:20 PM
    As per the other poster, have you contacted the seller to advise the bottom 2 were damaged on receipt?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 5th May 17, 5:22 PM
    • 4,274 Posts
    • 3,691 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    One of my suppliers uses APC. They are mostly self employed contractors. Our local courier tries again in the afternoon if we aren't in during the morning. Like most courier companies though, they are only as good as the actual person who makes the delivery.

Personally I think you are mad for paying for these to be returned. This is purely down to the person who sent the parcels. Most couriers use machinery to sort and plastic bags get caught and ripped. If there is nothing else to protect them then they are going to get wet.

I would be opening a case for not as described. It is up to the seller to make sure these arrive in perfect condition. Regardless of whether it is poor packaging or poor couriers, it is their problem not yours.
    • micky2phones
    • By micky2phones 5th May 17, 5:35 PM
    • 290 Posts
    • 233 Thanks
    micky2phones
    Hi, its abit late now but may be use in the future. I sign contents unchecked and if its not signed for and there rips etc i take a photo of parcel.

If i then need to complain i have proof. I have only used this twice before
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 5th May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Hi, its abit late now but may be use in the future. I sign contents unchecked and if its not signed for and there rips etc i take a photo of parcel.

If i then need to complain i have proof. I have only used this twice before
    Originally posted by micky2phones
    Don't worry about being late when what you offer isn't all that.

Perhaps brush up on Ebay, Paypal (being those two companies were involved) and then UK law regarding purchases made online.
    • cairndog
    • By cairndog 17th May 17, 9:31 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    cairndog
    Ebay Return Problem
    I bought 8 new seat cushions for £164. I have no problem with them but they are too small for my chairs.
    When they were delivered the package was filthy and soaking wet as though they had been dumped on the ground and left in the rain.
    I signed the box for the carrier because I didn't notice a tear at the bottom of the outer bag.
    No damage to the cushions so I unwittingly opened a return request ( never sent anything back before) and messaged the business seller.

When I opened the return request I complained about the carrier and told the seller.
    The Ebay return label options were not suitable so as I was responsible for the return postage so I left it open and returned the package at my expense.
    A week later the seller emailed me to say they had received the parcel but could not refund me as funds being held by Ebay and I have to go through an Ebay Resolution.
    Why, and how does this work ? Please can sellers on this thread explain.
    • pinkshoes
    • By pinkshoes 18th May 17, 7:58 AM
    • 14,971 Posts
    • 20,335 Thanks
    pinkshoes
    Have you opened a return in ebay and uploaded the tracking?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 18th May 17, 8:42 AM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    As above. Upload the tracking to the case. Ring CS and ask them to add it if you can't. Don't waffle too much.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 18th May 17, 9:06 AM
    • 2,985 Posts
    • 1,739 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    This story seems vaguely familiar, or I have entered "Ground Hog Day"!
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 18th May 17, 9:13 AM
    • 58,761 Posts
    • 41,604 Thanks
    soolin
    This story seems vaguely familiar, or I have entered "Ground Hog Day"!
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    I have now merged the two threads.

OP has never confirmed whether there was a case, or is still a case open. Without that information I'm not sure any of us can advise further.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

219Posts Today

1,208Users online

Martin's Twitter