Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PalaceJim
    • By PalaceJim 4th May 17, 5:06 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 16Thanks
    PalaceJim
    Wye Valley Visitor Centre - ParkingEye
    • 4th May 17, 5:06 PM
    Wye Valley Visitor Centre - ParkingEye 4th May 17 at 5:06 PM
    Hi all,
    I've received a PCN from Parking Eye at the Wye Valley Visitor Centre, on Easter Sunday. Both me and my son! It was the first (and last) time we visited and it looked closed when we got there. It took a while to find anyone and understand the signs, I bought a ticket 7 mins after entering. At no point did I realise I'd been filmed going in and that the time would start on entering - not from when I bought a ticket!
    We entered at 10:23 and left at 14:37. We paid 4 hours parking from 10:31 to 14:31, so 7 mins before and 7 mins after (14 mins over in total).
    I appealed to Parking eye but they turned it down. How likely am I to win my POPLA appeal?. I can't really afford £120 let alone £200!!. Feeling quite sick about it all.
    Any help or advise would be great.
    Cheers
    Jim
Page 2
    • PalaceJim
    • By PalaceJim 13th Jun 17, 4:58 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    PalaceJim
    Yes I've left reviews and warnings on Trip adviser, facebook and twitter as many others have too. Looking on Trip adviser Wye valley visitor centre was once a well liked popular attraction. It is now just full of angry customers and bad reviews. This seems to be a terrible decision by the owners to employ Parking Eye
    • KTrazor
    • By KTrazor 14th Jun 17, 1:02 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    KTrazor
    What do I do now?
    I've sent of my appeal to PE following your guidelines - thank you.
    PE have asked for the FULL NAME of the driver. We are the registered keepers - not the owners.
    Do we give it to them?
    We are afraid this will be dumped at our boss's door (we rent the car from him and he received the PCN.
    Help.
    Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Jun 17, 3:10 PM
    • 33,509 Posts
    • 17,390 Thanks
    Quentin
    You need to start your own thread.
    • KTrazor
    • By KTrazor 14th Jun 17, 3:56 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    KTrazor
    Help!
    You seem to be so brilliant at all this stuff. I'm not sure how to reply or start my own thread as I'm pretty incompetent at this kind of thing.

I've sent of my appeal to PE following your guidelines - thank you.
    PE have today asked for the FULL NAME of the driver. We are the registered keepers - not the owners.
    Do we give it to them?
    We are afraid this will be dumped at our boss's door (we rent the car from him and he received the PCN.
    Help.
    Thanks so much in advance.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 14th Jun 17, 5:31 PM
    • 16,902 Posts
    • 21,012 Thanks
    Redx
    go to the top left of this forum , and click on NEW THREAD (its in red - top left) and copy and paste your query above into the box and hit submit , so you havbe then started your own thread

you wont get answers in this thread because it is somebody elses thread, not yours
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

312Posts Today

1,896Users online

Martin's Twitter