Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pdoherty78
    • By pdoherty78 4th May 17, 2:59 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    pdoherty78
    Help with Flight Info
    • 4th May 17, 2:59 PM
    Help with Flight Info 4th May 17 at 2:59 PM
    Hello All,

I have an issue that I am hoping someone can help with. To help I will provide the back ground to all this:

On 7th August 2016 my friend and I were leaving Amsterdam after a weekend away. Our flight with Vueling (VY8406) was due to leave at 19:50 local time. We got to the departure gate before 19:00 and waited around.

Around 19:40 we were told there was a delay and the flight would be about 30 minutes late taking off. This then changed to a 45 minute delay. At about 20:45 we were informed that the airplane had a technical fault and would not be taking off.

As you can imagine everyone from the plane was surrounding the gate for information. The representatives at the gate informed everyone that there was a possibility that some of us may be able to get on a flight the next day (Monday), but they would definitely have us home for Tuesday.

My friend and I needed to be back that night as we both had working the in the Morning.

Looking at alternate flights the return flights to Luton with EasyJet were already full so we got a BA flight to Heathrow and then took a taxi back home, which was actually Luton.

The next day I cam to this site, found the link to the MSE Resolver website and followed all the instructions there. During each step of the Resolver Vueling came back and said they've checked and owe us no compensation.

I then contacted the Civil Aviation, but as the flight originated in Holland, they couldn't help.

I then contacted the Dutch authorities by post as they do not have a direct email. I filled out their form and sent off copies of everything that they required and waited.

They got back to me a few weeks ago to say that they have checked and found that Vueling do not owe compensation as the flight was merely delayed by 2 hours 41 minutes. They said that some passengers did not want to wait so made alternate arrangements.

If true and the flight then suddenly tool then this is very annoying as we got home at 12:30 am, but had we waited would have been home an hour earlier and not had to pay for additional flights!

As this was so long ago I cannot remember the flight screen saying the flight was cancelled, or have anything to prove that the gate staff were informing everyone of this.

I have tried to find info about this flight, but cannot find anything that shows information going back this far so wonder if anyone can help?

Details are as follows:

Flight No: VY8406
    Date: 07/08/2016
    Time: 19:55
    Departing: Amsterdam AMS
    Arriving: Luton LTN

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Pete
Page 1
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 4th May 17, 3:35 PM
    • 10,847 Posts
    • 7,075 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 4th May 17, 3:35 PM
    • 4th May 17, 3:35 PM
    They got back to me a few weeks ago to say that they have checked and found that Vueling do not owe compensation as the flight was merely delayed by 2 hours 41 minutes.
    Originally posted by pdoherty78
    According to EUClaim
    "Your flight had an arrival delay of less than three hours. To be entitled to compensation under EC Regulation 261/2004 you arrival delay must be three hours or more."
    no compensation due
    • pdoherty78
    • By pdoherty78 7th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    pdoherty78
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:00 PM
    Hi Caz,

Thanks for the reply and sorry taken so long to get back to this. Yeah I get that the computer says no, but I am curious to know did the flight actually take off?

We were literally told us at the gate the flight was cancelled. They would get us back possibly the next day, but definitely the day after.

Is there anything in that?

Thanks
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 7th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    • 10,847 Posts
    • 7,075 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    You would need a subscription on one of the sites like flightradar or flightaware to search that far back but I suspect that the 2 hour 41 delay they stated is likely correct based on the EUClaim response. If the flight had been cancelled or delayed over 3 hours there would have been one of two responses given
    1) Congratulations you can claim €x compensation
    2) no compensation due extraordinary circumstances
    (and actually a third if the origin is out of their scope to claim)

the fact they stated arrived less than 3 hours late indicates they have an actual arrival time to compare to the scheduled arrival
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 7th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:14 PM
    Hello All,

Details are as follows:

Flight No: VY8406
    Date: 07/08/2016
    Time: 19:55
    Departing: Amsterdam AMS
    Arriving: Luton LTN

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Pete
    Originally posted by pdoherty78
    Hi,

Your Vueling flight seems to have arrive at Luton at approx 21.30 CET.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,677Posts Today

10,265Users online

Martin's Twitter