Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th May 17, 10:57 AM
    • 10,491Posts
    • 7,045Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Shutl via Ebay
    • 4th May 17, 10:57 AM
    Shutl via Ebay 4th May 17 at 10:57 AM
    I saw this on the eBay boards yesterday and this morning got an email from eBay:

Congratulations, we’ve selected you to take part in a trial of our new delivery service. eBay delivery powered by Shutl enables you to:
    Access more than 13,000 drop-off locations.
    Print labels and have tracking uploaded seamlessly into My eBay.
    Choose from a range of delivery options across UPS, CollectPlus and Hermes from as low as £2.70.
    Pay for all your delivery costs in a single monthly invoice.
    For more information on the service please look at our info page and FAQs. And, if anything goes wrong, Shutl will be on hand to deal with any queries from you and your buyers.
    Take the hassle out of delivery and try the new service today:
    When listing, select ‘eBay delivery - Shutl’.
    When you've sold an item, simply click Print postage label on the My eBay: Sold page and you'll be able to print your labels.
    The eBay Team and the Shutl Crew
    There are some pretty decent prices and I have a UPS access point about 1/2 mile from me. Next day with UPS from £5.35 (and then it only goes up a few pence for larger weights) and it has £60 insurance cover.

I've just done my first few and it was relatively straight forward.

I haven't had the email on a secondary account but can confirm I've been able to print the postage from Shutl.
Page 2
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 18th May 17, 8:44 AM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Odd that they don't mention VAT, it can't be that few customers that would be bothered, it makes them look a bit less professional.

I occasionally use UPS services to send but don't have an account with them any more. I use upstoday.com which has pretty good rates for one off sending when you drop off.
    Originally posted by RFW
    I agree. I do think they are really in their infancy and if they are a part of ebay, it's understandable why they aren't doing what they should! On the plus side, the service is excellent and their Live Chat is very helpful. I've yet to have my first invoice, it should be coming any day now, I will see what they do with displaying VAT.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Jun 17, 3:00 PM
    • 6,708 Posts
    • 54,276 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I've had my first shutl invoice. Can you set it up to pay with paypal automatically?
    Rather annoying if not.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 12th Jun 17, 5:00 PM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I've had my first shutl invoice. Can you set it up to pay with paypal automatically?
    Rather annoying if not.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    If you've had your first invoice, you should be signed up to automated payments. You can log into Paypal and see your 'recurring payments'.
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 12th Jun 17, 5:07 PM
    • 5,250 Posts
    • 5,886 Thanks
    lovinituk
    Is the UPS option drop off only or do they do a collection from your premises?
    The following is my forum signature and not necessarily a response to your post:
    "To be truly successful you must live a few years of your life like others won’t so you may live the rest of your life like others can’t"
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jun 17, 5:16 PM
    • 58,761 Posts
    • 41,604 Thanks
    soolin
    Rather annoying if not.
    If you've had your first invoice, you should be signed up to automated payments. You can log into Paypal and see your 'recurring payments'.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    I wasn't able to use Shutl without first setting up the link to paypal.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jun 17, 11:41 AM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Is the UPS option drop off only or do they do a collection from your premises?
    Originally posted by lovinituk
    It's access point drop off, although they keep promising to have collection added. I live in hope.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 22nd Jun 17, 12:28 PM
    • 6,708 Posts
    • 54,276 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Is there a way you can view your Shutl 'bill' part way through the month?
    Or make a one off payment like you can with ebay fees?

I'd like to make a withdrawal, but want to leave enough in to cover Shutl - only other way I can think is to go through and add up all transactions from this month?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 22nd Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Yes, on your summary page you can click the "postage labels" link and it takes you to all your Shutl parcels.

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 23rd Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 6,708 Posts
    • 54,276 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Yes, on your summary page you can click the "postage labels" link and it takes you to all your Shutl parcels.

Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Thanks found it. Shame there's no running total for the month or a one off payment option.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 25th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    • 10,491 Posts
    • 7,045 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Thanks found it. Shame there's no running total for the month or a one off payment option.
    I have made a one off payment (to clear our end of year accounts). You should be able to do the same from your recent Shutl invoice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

220Posts Today

1,253Users online

Martin's Twitter