Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th May 17, 10:57 AM
    • 11,382Posts
    • 7,652Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Shutl via Ebay
    • 4th May 17, 10:57 AM
    Shutl via Ebay 4th May 17 at 10:57 AM
    I saw this on the eBay boards yesterday and this morning got an email from eBay:

Congratulations, we’ve selected you to take part in a trial of our new delivery service. eBay delivery powered by Shutl enables you to:
    Access more than 13,000 drop-off locations.
    Print labels and have tracking uploaded seamlessly into My eBay.
    Choose from a range of delivery options across UPS, CollectPlus and Hermes from as low as £2.70.
    Pay for all your delivery costs in a single monthly invoice.
    For more information on the service please look at our info page and FAQs. And, if anything goes wrong, Shutl will be on hand to deal with any queries from you and your buyers.
    Take the hassle out of delivery and try the new service today:
    When listing, select ‘eBay delivery - Shutl’.
    When you've sold an item, simply click Print postage label on the My eBay: Sold page and you'll be able to print your labels.
    The eBay Team and the Shutl Crew
    There are some pretty decent prices and I have a UPS access point about 1/2 mile from me. Next day with UPS from £5.35 (and then it only goes up a few pence for larger weights) and it has £60 insurance cover.

I've just done my first few and it was relatively straight forward.

I haven't had the email on a secondary account but can confirm I've been able to print the postage from Shutl.
Page 2
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 18th May 17, 8:44 AM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,652 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Odd that they don't mention VAT, it can't be that few customers that would be bothered, it makes them look a bit less professional.

I occasionally use UPS services to send but don't have an account with them any more. I use upstoday.com which has pretty good rates for one off sending when you drop off.
    Originally posted by RFW
    I agree. I do think they are really in their infancy and if they are a part of ebay, it's understandable why they aren't doing what they should! On the plus side, the service is excellent and their Live Chat is very helpful. I've yet to have my first invoice, it should be coming any day now, I will see what they do with displaying VAT.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Jun 17, 3:00 PM
    • 6,786 Posts
    • 56,018 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I've had my first shutl invoice. Can you set it up to pay with paypal automatically?
    Rather annoying if not.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 12th Jun 17, 5:00 PM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,652 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I've had my first shutl invoice. Can you set it up to pay with paypal automatically?
    Rather annoying if not.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    If you've had your first invoice, you should be signed up to automated payments. You can log into Paypal and see your 'recurring payments'.
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 12th Jun 17, 5:07 PM
    • 5,371 Posts
    • 6,038 Thanks
    lovinituk
    Is the UPS option drop off only or do they do a collection from your premises?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 12th Jun 17, 5:16 PM
    • 59,569 Posts
    • 42,259 Thanks
    soolin
    Rather annoying if not.
    If you've had your first invoice, you should be signed up to automated payments. You can log into Paypal and see your 'recurring payments'.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    I wasn't able to use Shutl without first setting up the link to paypal.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jun 17, 11:41 AM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,652 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Is the UPS option drop off only or do they do a collection from your premises?
    Originally posted by lovinituk
    It's access point drop off, although they keep promising to have collection added. I live in hope.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 22nd Jun 17, 12:28 PM
    • 6,786 Posts
    • 56,018 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Is there a way you can view your Shutl 'bill' part way through the month?
    Or make a one off payment like you can with ebay fees?

I'd like to make a withdrawal, but want to leave enough in to cover Shutl - only other way I can think is to go through and add up all transactions from this month?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 22nd Jun 17, 3:57 PM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,652 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Yes, on your summary page you can click the "postage labels" link and it takes you to all your Shutl parcels.

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 23rd Jun 17, 10:18 AM
    • 6,786 Posts
    • 56,018 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Yes, on your summary page you can click the "postage labels" link and it takes you to all your Shutl parcels.

Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Thanks found it. Shame there's no running total for the month or a one off payment option.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 25th Jun 17, 4:03 PM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,652 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Thanks found it. Shame there's no running total for the month or a one off payment option.
    I have made a one off payment (to clear our end of year accounts). You should be able to do the same from your recent Shutl invoice.
    • casper_g
    • By casper_g 13th Jul 17, 8:57 AM
    • 1,047 Posts
    • 902 Thanks
    casper_g
    I had been using My Hermes via Parcel2Go for my eBay deliveries, and recently tried out using My Hermes via eBay Shutl instead.

Although Shutl was a fraction more expensive for me (£2.75 versus £2.70 for small parcels) I did notice they didn't charge anything extra for parcels to Northern Ireland (whereas Parcel2Go quoted significantly more). A small point worth noting if you sell a large number of items from the UK mainland!
    • Campden
    • By Campden 18th Jul 17, 9:35 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Campden
    The VAT is detailed on the monthly invoice.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 25th Jul 17, 8:35 PM
    • 6,786 Posts
    • 56,018 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Anyone else having trouble printing Shutl labels this evening?, all i'm getting is

"We couldn't create your label, and we didn't charge you for it.Please try again."

Tried FF and Chrome lots of times.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • extrafisher
    • By extrafisher 4th Sep 17, 1:28 AM
    • 869 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    extrafisher
    How are people getting on with this? It says 1 day delivery but surely it depends when ups guy picks up from shop
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th Sep 17, 7:13 AM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,652 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    How are people getting on with this? It says 1 day delivery but surely it depends when ups guy picks up from shop
    Originally posted by extrafisher
    Yes of course it does. Your local UPS point will have a notice on the door with the latest pickup time.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 4th Sep 17, 7:59 AM
    • 3,165 Posts
    • 1,817 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    Just putting this out there, haven't actually tried, but is there a way to get the promotional shutl prices without the item being set to shipping by shutl. e.g. it states Hermes and you want to get the promotional rate by using hermes through shutl?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • southerly
    • By southerly 4th Sep 17, 9:47 AM
    • 179 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    southerly
    Yes, you can do that, you can change to any carrier & get the ebay rates.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 4th Sep 17, 9:57 AM
    • 3,165 Posts
    • 1,817 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    Yes, you can do that, you can change to any carrier & get the ebay rates.

Well, yes obviously, but I meant after the sale. If you have a large and complex inventory with different couriers for different sizes, but a short promotion appears as there currently is on shutl, it might be too much of a huge undertaking to change all the courier types knowing that they would need to be changed back to the correct ones again afterwards.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 4th Sep 17, 10:44 AM
    • 11,382 Posts
    • 7,652 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Well, yes obviously, but I meant after the sale. If you have a large and complex inventory with different couriers for different sizes, but a short promotion appears as there currently is on shutl, it might be too much of a huge undertaking to change all the courier types knowing that they would need to be changed back to the correct ones again afterwards.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    Shutl are merely the booking agent. The parcel still goes via Hermes in the same way it would had you booked direct or via one of the other agents. The buyer still gets his parcel from Hermes. If you put Shutl 3-5 days on your listing, that is the Hermes service so the buyer is none the wiser, if you see what I mean.

Edit - original reply below but I've just realised what you were asking and my new response is above.

This reply relates to asking if you can send another buyer (from another platform) their parcel via the Shutl rates:

Now that UPS collect from me I am putting most of my heavy Amazon orders via eBay shutl. But there are a few caveats.

You can generate a label and override the postage address to whatever address you like.

Caveat 1 - the original buyer's telephone number is the second line of the address regardless of what you try to put in. I use a black marker to remove it.

Caveat 2 - if you use a recent eBay sale to generate the new label the tracking will be added automatically by Shutl and you cannot remove it. If will generate a 'late' mark.

Try and use a sale that is 90 days or so old. Try and use one that has a similar value to the item you are sending.

If you can't and you get a late (or you are on a yearly dashboard) then you need to get in touch with CS and plead ignorance. They will remove the late and also be perplexed how a random parcel added itself to the wrong order.

Other than that, it is worthwhile doing it.
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 04-09-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 4th Sep 17, 1:06 PM
    • 3,165 Posts
    • 1,817 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    £2 delivered with tracking small parcel. you can't really get any better can you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,365Posts Today

7,959Users online

Martin's Twitter