Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Megan F
    • By MSE Megan F 3rd May 17, 1:04 PM
    • 153Posts
    • 52Thanks
    MSE Megan F
    0 WOW
    One app to replace ALL your loyalty cards
    • 3rd May 17, 1:04 PM
    0 WOW
    One app to replace ALL your loyalty cards 3rd May 17 at 1:04 PM
    This thread is specifically to discuss any feedback on the Stocard loyalty card app, and any others you've used.

Loyalty Card App

You can also join in a Loyalty Card article discussion plus discussions about boosting your Nectar points , Boots Advantage Card points, and Airmiles.

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply

Previous thread

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 2
    • Si1969
    • By Si1969 6th May 17, 10:46 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Si1969
    Absolutely, MSE isn't just about loyalty cards, but this thread is!

Another potentially useful tip that might help someone on here. If you're planning on going out to eat at any chain establishment, check to see if they have an app before you go, ideally 24 hours before you go.

A lot of chain restaurants seem to have apps nowadays, and tend to email you a money off voucher on registration.
    • Anja
    • By Anja 7th May 17, 6:17 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Anja
    Stocard
    There is advertising running through the app all the time making it annoying when you come to use it.

There are no instructions on how to add custom cards.

Didn't work in the first store I tried to use the app in and you have to type in your password every time you want to use it.

I will try it again but so far am not impressed !
    • Judi
    • By Judi 7th May 17, 7:47 PM
    • 15,177 Posts
    • 61,995 Thanks
    Judi
    Doesn't work in my local Boots, Co Op, Tesco, Sainsbury's, or superdrug.

Waste of time IMHO, I have to still carry my cards around as staff don't always have time to manually type in everytime.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Worked in my Superdrug today. Its a great idea!
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 7th May 17, 10:14 PM
    • 6,668 Posts
    • 47,175 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Came in handy today, popped to Sainsbury's and didn't have my key fob with me, which also meant I couldn't use my triple points spit. Then remembered the app, scanned fine at a manned checkout so got my std points and bonus ones.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th May 17, 7:07 AM
    • 12,503 Posts
    • 39,783 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Worked in my Superdrug today. Its a great idea!
    Originally posted by Judi
    Glad it worked for you. I have uninstalled it now.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • bransoj
    • By bransoj 8th May 17, 3:07 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    bransoj
    The issue a lot of you are facing is probably more to do with the scanners in user rather than the app itself. The stores need to have more modern scanners that will scan off a phone screen rather than the cards. The way the phone reflects back stops the older scanners working and picking up the details from your screen. Newer scanners can read them.

Its a great idea for an app...let down by the shops technology i think.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 8th May 17, 10:04 PM
    • 7,589 Posts
    • 3,673 Thanks
    Stompa
    There is advertising running through the app all the time making it annoying when you come to use it.
    Originally posted by Anja
    I agree it is an irritating, and rather bloated app. I suspect there are better alternatives available.
    Stompa
    • TKP9
    • By TKP9 11th May 17, 2:03 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TKP9
    So far not great (I've had it a week). Did not work at Sainsbury's self service (I typed the number in). At Costa they told me that for both Costa card and the AA 20% off they need to swipe the actual card. Not a good start....
    • cookietimmy
    • By cookietimmy 31st May 17, 11:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cookietimmy
    Only just started using the Stocard app, I've so far found it works in HMV and Waterstones, but not yet in my local CoOp.
    • cookietimmy
    • By cookietimmy 31st May 17, 11:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cookietimmy
    I've found the App tends to work better in stores that have a handheld scanner, then a built in one.
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 9th Jun 17, 11:03 AM
    • 766 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    jon81uk
    So far not great (I've had it a week). Did not work at Sainsbury's self service (I typed the number in). At Costa they told me that for both Costa card and the AA 20% off they need to swipe the actual card. Not a good start....
    Originally posted by TKP9
    Costa have their own app and I've had that scanned no trouble at all.
    • alf
    • By alf 23rd Jun 17, 4:28 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    alf
    I keep getting a popup about stocard has stopped, even though the app is not open.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,832Posts Today

6,059Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin