Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • khorrocks
    • By khorrocks 3rd May 17, 9:09 AM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    khorrocks
    Parking fine - debt collector.
    • 3rd May 17, 9:09 AM
    Parking fine - debt collector. 3rd May 17 at 9:09 AM
    Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I parked in a Euro Car Park some time in February and stayed over the amount of time I had paid for. Rushed back to the car relieved that I had received no FPN on my car. I have received nothing until last week when I received a red headed letter from a debt collector 'on behalf' of the creditor euro car parks now demanding I pay £160.
    I accept that I shouldn't have overstayed the time I had originally paid for but was an unavoidable situation.
    I begrudge having to pay over double the original amount when I have received no invoice for the original fine and the first correspondence I receive is from a debt collector. I presume the original letter has been sent to my previous address, but cannot be sure.
    I hope this all makes sense and look forward to some advice
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 3rd May 17, 9:21 AM
    • 5,942 Posts
    • 7,643 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 3rd May 17, 9:21 AM
    • 3rd May 17, 9:21 AM
    Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I parked in a Euro Car Park some time in February and stayed over the amount of time I had paid for. Rushed back to the car relieved that I had received no FPN on my car. I have received nothing until last week when I received a red headed letter from a debt collector 'on behalf' of the creditor euro car parks now demanding I pay £160.
    I accept that I shouldn't have overstayed the time I had originally paid for but was an unavoidable situation.
    I begrudge having to pay over double the original amount when I have received no invoice for the original fine and the first correspondence I receive is from a debt collector. I presume the original letter has been sent to my previous address, but cannot be sure.
    I hope this all makes sense and look forward to some advice
    Originally posted by khorrocks
    Euro have wardens with cameras and the pics are sent direct to Euro OR it may be ANPR cameras hence no windscreen ticket

Assume the letter was from DRP who adore using big red letters as A colour scheme.
    As said on here, you ignore DRP, they are a waste of time and 100% powerless.

Best to contact Euro to state you never received any notification from them.

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY EURO IF THEY ASK FOR THE DRIVERS NAME.
    YOU ARE THE REGISTERED KEEPER OF THE CAR ONLY

DO NOT CONTACT DRP BY ANY MEANS ... IGNORE THEM
    Last edited by beamerguy; 03-05-2017 at 9:31 AM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 3rd May 17, 10:09 AM
    • 7,518 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 3rd May 17, 10:09 AM
    • 3rd May 17, 10:09 AM
    Read Post Four of the Newbies Sticky - It covers DRP and other debt collectors completely.

BTW, this is not a fine - the rest of the thread explains why.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 3rd May 17, 1:33 PM
    • 40,304 Posts
    • 80,497 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 3rd May 17, 1:33 PM
    • 3rd May 17, 1:33 PM
    I suggest you treat the DRP letter as the NTK and appeal to Euro Car Parks. In addition, complain to the BPA and DVLA that the parking scammers have gone straight to debt collectors without issuing a NTK. No doubt the scammers will say they sent an NTK, and may even provide you with a copy, but it is amazing that more mail is lost from private parking companies than any other mail in the country.

Also complain to your MP, Mrs May, and Andrew Jones MP. Whilst they may be distracted by other things at the moment, you could tell them that your vote depends on them dealing with this unregulated scam industry. Also comment on yet another NTK lost in the post
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd May 17, 1:42 PM
    • 7,001 Posts
    • 6,068 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 3rd May 17, 1:42 PM
    • 3rd May 17, 1:42 PM

Please clarify. Do not say who was driving.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • khorrocks
    • By khorrocks 3rd May 17, 6:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    khorrocks
    • 3rd May 17, 6:19 PM
    • 3rd May 17, 6:19 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I've found an 'info @' email address for Euro, do you recommend I send them an email explaining this or writing to them?
    Thanks

Also, was doing a market research in town and was misinformed how long I was supposed to be there, hence didn't put enough time on the car! So frustrating!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 15,490 Posts
    • 19,573 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd May 17, 6:23 PM
    • 3rd May 17, 6:23 PM
    do not tell them anything at all about the day in question or who was driving

just use the appeal template from the NEWBIES sticky thread and add the pcn details, name and address to your "appeal" , that way ECP get your current address
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • khorrocks
    • By khorrocks 17th May 17, 11:51 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    khorrocks
    • 17th May 17, 11:51 AM
    • 17th May 17, 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I contacted Euro directly and received a letter yesterday saying they can't deal with my query as the matter has been passed to the debt collector. I received a generic debt letter a few days prior from them but Ignored, awaiting a reply from Euro. What is the best way to go about this?
    Thanks !
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 17th May 17, 12:13 PM
    • 14,523 Posts
    • 22,822 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 17th May 17, 12:13 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:13 PM
    What is the best way to go about this?
    Just get on with the rest of your life.

Ignore anything further that comes along from debt collectors. Come back on this thread if you receive a LBC or MCOL claim from ECP.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 17th May 17, 12:45 PM
    • 2,408 Posts
    • 3,627 Thanks
    fisherjim
    Thanks for the advice, I contacted Euro directly and received a letter yesterday saying they can't deal with my query as the matter has been passed to the debt collector. I received a generic debt letter a few days prior from them but Ignored, awaiting a reply from Euro. What is the best way to go about this?
    Thanks !
    Of course they can deal with it but they have an agreement with the silly debt collector to allow them to scam even more money from you!

If you ignore the Muppet debt collector (who have no power at all) they will have to give up and Euro will be left with it anyway, and their demands will go down to what they were originally trying to scam you out of!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 17th May 17, 12:59 PM
    • 5,942 Posts
    • 7,643 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Thanks !
    Euro are simply complete idiots at the best of times. They have lied to you

Stupid thing to say when they passed it to DRP.

As Umkomaas says, take no notice of these down and outs, you cannot be dealing with the brain dead can you

If you get a LBA or court papers from Euro then return here and then the experienced ones on here will assist in you beating them

DRP ARE TIMEWASTERS = THEY WASTE THEIR OWN TIME

IGNORE DRP
    Last edited by beamerguy; 17-05-2017 at 1:49 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 17, 11:13 PM
    • 49,952 Posts
    • 63,360 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Read Post Four of the Newbies Sticky - It covers DRP and other debt collectors completely.

BTW, this is not a fine - the rest of the thread explains why.
    Originally posted by pogofish
    Did you read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread, as advised above? This stage is simple, do nothing.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• khorrocks
    • By khorrocks 18th May 17, 8:14 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    khorrocks
    Thank you lets see what happens now .....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,872Posts Today

6,444Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin