Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RemB
    • By RemB 2nd May 17, 12:00 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RemB
    Appeal of private parking charge notice after 28 days
    • 2nd May 17, 12:00 AM
    Appeal of private parking charge notice after 28 days 2nd May 17 at 12:00 AM
    Hi all
    Firstly want to thank you all who put effort and time to give advice to newbies like myself.
    Sorry if this has been covered but I looked​ around and couldn't find it.
    Basically on 31.03 got a parking ticket for parking at McDonald's issued by met parking services.
    Funny enough I left my van there (as most of times) whilst I was at the gym. This time I got a ticket (to my surprise) as I never thought a company like McDonald's would chase people of their premises.
    The ticket issue reason is for and I quote"not in restaurant".
    Before returning to the van I also bought a bottle of water and have the receipt for that.
    I am not a McDonald's fan but I spend quite a lot in their coffee and teas...so this thing rather irritates me
    My question is, given that the 28 days have passed (silly on my side,I know but with work and bank holidays got overlooked)is it worth appealing or just pay the fine and never set foot there again (haven't spent one penny there since the fine anyway).
    Thank you for your advice.
    Ps.on met website there are pictures of my van and empty toilet cubicles and urinals (finded that quite funny...)and a "driver and site presence survey"with a signature from a staff in the restaurant and the MET agent.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd May 17, 12:34 AM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,523 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd May 17, 12:34 AM
    • 2nd May 17, 12:34 AM
    The ticket issue reason is for and I quote"not in restaurant".
    MET have been playing out this little game against people for many years:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/met-parking-operate-customer-not-here.html

My question is, given that the 28 days have passed (silly on my side,I know but with work and bank holidays got overlooked)is it worth appealing or just pay the fine and never set foot there again (haven't spent one penny there since the fine anyway).
    You are asking if you PAY? MET???? It's not even a real fine. Don't be daft, look:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/MET_Parking_Services.html

Count the court hearings! Haha!

Nope, do not even THINK about getting your wallet out but submit the appeal anyway, now, online tonight, right this minute.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• RemB
    • By RemB 2nd May 17, 8:14 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RemB
    • 2nd May 17, 8:14 AM
    • 2nd May 17, 8:14 AM
    Thank you for your reply,
    I have sent the (blue) appeal.
    I realized after sending the I haven't put my address after my name at the bottom.Would this be a problem?-(the address is included in their mandatory fields on the appeal page).
    Thx
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd May 17, 11:28 PM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,523 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 2nd May 17, 11:28 PM
    • 2nd May 17, 11:28 PM
    No that's fine, if the address is in the appeal mandatory fields anyway.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• RemB
    • By RemB 17th May 17, 6:59 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RemB
    • 17th May 17, 6:59 AM
    • 17th May 17, 6:59 AM
    Hi again
    I have finally heard back from MET ,and as expected they rejected the appeal .
    Not quite sure what the next step should be.
    Any advise very much appreciated.
    Thank you .

Thank you for your correspondence received 2nd May 2017 in regards to Parking Charge Notice AB73339.
    As advised on the charge notice, an appeal can be made in writing within 28 days from the date of issue. As your
    appeal was received on 02/05/2017 the time for lodging an appeal has expired and the charge notice is outstanding and
    payable.
    Whilst your appeal was received too late to be considered we can confirm that had you appealed within the time limit is
    it likely that your appeal would have been unsuccessful as the terms and conditions of use of the car park are clearly
    stated on signs prominently displayed in this area. These include that the car park is for the use of customers while they
    are on the premises only. A survey was carried out by our parking attendant with a member of the restaurant's staff of
    all customers in the restaurant to check if the drivers were present in the restaurant prior to the charge notice being
    issued. There was no-one on the premises when the survey was conducted taking responsibility for your vehicle
    therefore we believe the charge notice was issued correctly.
    Please settle the outstanding amount of £100. Details of how to pay the charge are provided overleaf. If the charge
    remains unsettled we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery procedures and may proceed
    with court action.
    Yours sincerely
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 17th May 17, 8:12 AM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 3,439 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 17th May 17, 8:12 AM
    • 17th May 17, 8:12 AM
    Ps.on met website there are pictures of my van and empty toilet cubicles and urinals (finded that quite funny...)and a "driver and site presence survey"with a signature from a staff in the restaurant and the MET agent.
    Originally posted by RemB
    Yes it's laughable, that is the only (non) evidence they have, maybe you were sitting with a friend in their car tucking into tasteless "food" and drinking flat Coke who knows.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 17, 8:39 PM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,523 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 17, 8:39 PM
    • 17th May 17, 8:39 PM
    Ask them for their evidence/photos that the driver was 'not on site' and what their comment is about the fact this is a known scam they play (link the Prankster's Blog about the MET scam). Ask where your POPLA code is, too.

They will reply saying you are too late for POPLA but (never mind what they say!) ask again, and again, and again, if by email bother them every week, again, and again, asking the same. Till they give up!

Certainly no-one here ever pays MET! Play with them till they stop. As long as every response you make does NOT imply the driver's ID.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,494Posts Today

7,891Users online

Martin's Twitter