Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 30th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    • 3,228Posts
    • 27,062Thanks
    shala_moo
    Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 30th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017 30th Apr 17 at 3:17 PM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Huge thanks to shala_moo for starting this challenge and keeping everyone motivated along with her in her goal to lose weight for summer. She's used the content from previous challenges, which explains what Slimming World's about, how it might help you etc. As some of the info in this first post may be from Slimming World itself it may sound a bit "adverty".

Back to shala_moo's support thread..

-----------

Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-06-2017 at 9:41 AM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 71
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 13th Jun 17, 1:35 AM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 14,487 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Have a good holiday Maman x

This is my Tuesday's menu I am late doing this but I wasn't well and wen to bed. Now I can't sleep.

Breakfast. Porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch.. celery soup, bread roll 6 syns.chicken salad. Spoonful alpro ice cream strawberries

Dinner.Linda mac sausage carrot and potato mash garden peas beetroot.

Extra f f yoghurt.free from rice cake

Not sure about ice cream or gluten free rice cake syns
    6 syns plus
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 13th Jun 17, 8:29 AM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Had a long weekend offline, although not off plan. Need to do loads of reading to catch up on this thread.

Went iffy on the food Friday and Sunday, but been good the rest, and have earned myself another week towards my bronze body magic. It's starting to feel a bit more normal and routine to do more.

WI tonight and fingers crossed for a 3lb loss which will get me my 3 stone certificate.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - salmon salad
    Dinner - HM pot noodle
    Snacks - strawberries, cereal bars and skips

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - skips (3.5)

Body magic target - 6000 steps and 10 active minutes
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 43 lb
    Last updated: 13th June 2017
    • shiprob195
    • By shiprob195 13th Jun 17, 8:40 AM
    • 701 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    shiprob195
    A loss of 1.5 lbs this week.

23 weeks into Slimming world and I cant believe the weight is still coming off.
    I paid for a countdown at weigh in yesterday, the consultant said I should just get a 6 week one as I might be at target before the end of 12 weeks

I do have a 7 night holiday in Spain in July though, so I wont be loosing weight that week !!

It's really nice to go into a clothes shop (usually Primark) and not have to reach to the back of the rail for a size 20 top/jeans. Yesterday I bought a size 12 t-shirt and size 14 shorts
    Slimming world new starter 2/1/17
    Weight loss so far 4 stone 4.5 lbs

Loss needed to get to target 14lbs
    24 weeks in to my weightloss journey
    • Matron Midge
    • By Matron Midge 13th Jun 17, 9:36 AM
    • 408 Posts
    • 3,520 Thanks
    Matron Midge
    Hi everyone

Those who use actimist, is that the one that you spray on closed eyelids? I suffer awful with hayfever and take tablets but every now and then I get the sniffles and streamy eyes its sooo attractive and my eyes are super sensitive so I just can't use regular eye drops at all I think they'd make the symptoms worse!
    Originally posted by candyapple
    Yes that's the one. Spray on closed eyes - I do two per eye then keep them closed for a couple of mins and that awful itch goes off. It's better than drops IMO and is worth the money as it lasts ages and doesn't need throwing after a couple of weeks like eye drops do.

Roast dinner planned tonight. Chicken, cauli cheese, roasties and veg. I might do some paxo cos I just can't fill up the teen boys!
    I've also bought some Kefir to try and improve my good gut bacteria. I've been reading the clever guts diet and think it will help with bloating and sugar cravings. I'll report back on that. Off to check the syns before I glug it.
    • WJN222
    • By WJN222 13th Jun 17, 1:06 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    WJN222
    Shala - if you want to chat about work PM me - I know how you feel. Yesterday walked out fo the office telling them to b*gger off, i only left and walked around the car park (in teh rain!!) but it still felt good!

WI this morning and I am very pleased to post a loss of -3.5lb!!! that is the 3lb I put on last week and a little extra - really does go to show how going back to basics works!

On plan so far today and planning a run tonight - fingers crossed I am back on track - but we will see.
    walk 2017 miles in 2017 - 272 of 2017
    SW journey - loose 28lbs - 11lb of 28
    Clear the stash May OUT : IN = 3:1
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 13th Jun 17, 3:05 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 4,108 Thanks
    candyapple
    Have a lovely holiday maman

Yes that's the one. Spray on closed eyes - I do two per eye then keep them closed for a couple of mins and that awful itch goes off. It's better than drops IMO and is worth the money as it lasts ages and doesn't need throwing after a couple of weeks like eye drops do.
    Originally posted by Matron Midge
    Excellent thanks I'll have to look out for that, I have a cheaper version from wilkos although I'm not sure it's that effective

Hope you are ok shala and WJN - it must be the week for drama llamas / meltdowns as I yelled at my OH earlier today for being unsupportive about something, had a good cry and feeling lots better now but I'm still grumpy with him. Men!

Today's food:

B - oats with milk & breakfast topper, cup of tea (TMI alert - don't think the free from oats agreed with me for some reason, I spent half an hour on the loo afterwards will stick with the regular stuff)

L - red onion & leek crustless quiche with speedy salad

T - WW chicken curry with veggies

I'm feeling a lot less bloated so whatever I'm doing appears to be working, my jeans feel nice and loose today
    Last edited by candyapple; 13-06-2017 at 4:24 PM.

• greentiger
    • By greentiger 13th Jun 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1,878 Posts
    • 13,607 Thanks
    greentiger
    Well done, Saver-upper, WJN (superb) and shiprob.

Hope everyone has a calm evening.
    Stashbusting 102/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 11/17
    Reading Challenge 10/40
    Film Challenge 22/52
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 13th Jun 17, 8:51 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 14,487 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hiya everybody, this is my Wednesday's menu plan....

Breakfast..porridge A/B strawberries, blueberries,

Lunch... bacon omelette mushooms, tomatoes.beetroot.

Dinner... chicken new potatoes, peas, few green beans. Clementine.

Extra.. f f yoghurt. 2 crispbread/butter 5 syns
    5 syns.
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 13th Jun 17, 10:15 PM
    • 4,514 Posts
    • 33,268 Thanks
    joedenise
    CongratulationsSaver Upper on SOTW.

Today's plan:

B - pepper, spring onion & mushroom omelette
    L - ham salad
    D - corn on the cob, butter 2 syns, lamb chop; roast veg, roast potatoes, brocolli, peas
    S - toast & butter 2 syns

HEA - Milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - butter 4 syns; glass wine 5 syns; pastis 2.5 syns

Tomorrow's syns need to be low as only have 4.5 syns left until WI on Thursday morning.

Denise
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 13th Jun 17, 10:58 PM
    • 1,503 Posts
    • 11,506 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    Thank you for all the congratulations on SOTW-very happy with that.

Today's menu:
    Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast (HEB+3 syns),Flora light (1 syn),Marmite

Late lunch (like,4pm ) :vegetable tagine (butternut squash,tinned tomato,onion,garlic),served with rice

Tea: honey soy sauce chicken (2-3 sys),with rice

Snack: chocolate rice cakes (3.5 syns),,nougat bar (6.5 syns)

Water:about 1L

Walking:1 hour brisk walking
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00
    Pinecone £289,Valued Opinions £10.50,Grocery Challenge June 17: £50.68/250

• kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 14th Jun 17, 7:22 AM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Well done Shiprob and Wjn222 on your losses, and I hope you have a good holiday Maman.

Last night I had a 4lb loss, and got my 3stone certificate, before I turn 40, which is what I wanted. Also half way to my bronze body magic too.

This week the plan is to get another week closer to my bronze, but just to maintain on my weight, as I have a night away in a really nice spa hotel, and a number of meals out. Plan to be good when I can and save up my syns.

Today's plan:
    Lunch - salmon salad
    Dinner - Fajita bowl (fajita's but no wrap, and with rice instead)
    Snacks - strawberries, raspberries, grapes, cherries, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - salad dressing (0.5)
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 14th Jun 17, 10:10 AM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Okay, I have already gone off plan today. Jelly and cream from my colleagues. They weren't sure if I could eat cake, so they made a jelly cake instead, and it wasn't sugar free. It was lovely of them though. It even had candles in it

Oh well, I knew this would be a hard week to stay on plan
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 14th Jun 17, 11:47 AM
    • 46,303 Posts
    • 164,097 Thanks
    beanielou
    Kathrynha~~happy birthday~~enjoy
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 14th Jun 17, 12:34 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 5,484 Thanks
    kathrynha
    Not my birthday yet. Not till Friday. Got tomorrow and Friday off work though, so they did it today.

Don't feel ready to be 40
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 14th Jun 17, 2:46 PM
    • 4,514 Posts
    • 33,268 Thanks
    joedenise
    Been a busy morning with Dr & podiatrist appointments a couple of hours apart. Didn't get lunch until 2pm and I was really hungry by then but did stick to plan.

It's an SP day today:

B - strawberries; quark
    L - spicy beans with added onions, peppers & tomatoes; 2 slices of toast
    D - chicken tikka skewers with peppers & onions; cauliflower rice; followed by strawberries & quark.

Have also picked up some plums and flat peaches for snacks.

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - wine 5; butter 2

A couple of syns over for the week but as the weekend was off plan think I've done well to pull it back. Will see what I weigh in the morning and then decide whether or not to go to WI. Don't particularly need to as I weighed last week!

Denise
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 14th Jun 17, 6:28 PM
    • 1,757 Posts
    • 14,487 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Hiya everyone,so sad to hear of those poor people in Kensington I do hope there are no more deaths. I wouldn't live in one of those high rise flats rent free, although I suppose some folk have no choice at all.

My menu plan for tomorrow Thursday....

Breakfast...Bran flakes A/B mixed berries.

Lunch.. 2 boiled eggs, bread 6 syns Manderin oranges.

Dinner...chicken,B new potatoes mixed veg alpro ice cream strawberries squrtycream
    Extra.. f f yoghurt, crispbread / butter 5 syns
    11 syns plus the ice cream..
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jun 17, 6:45 PM
    • 47,927 Posts
    • 561,268 Thanks
    bubbs
    A loss of 1.5 lbs this week.

23 weeks into Slimming world and I cant believe the weight is still coming off.
    I paid for a countdown at weigh in yesterday, the consultant said I should just get a 6 week one as I might be at target before the end of 12 weeks

I do have a 7 night holiday in Spain in July though, so I wont be loosing weight that week !!

It's really nice to go into a clothes shop (usually Primark) and not have to reach to the back of the rail for a size 20 top/jeans. Yesterday I bought a size 12 t-shirt and size 14 shorts
    Originally posted by shipr!!!95
    T that is amazing, you must be so focused well done
    Shala - if you want to chat about work PM me - I know how you feel. Yesterday walked out fo the office telling them to b*gger off, i only left and walked around the car park (in teh rain!!) but it still felt good!

WI this morning and I am very pleased to post a loss of -3.5lb!!! that is the 3lb I put on last week and a little extra - really does go to show how going back to basics works!

On plan so far today and planning a run tonight - fingers crossed I am back on track - but we will see.
    Originally posted by WJN222
    Well done
    Well done Shiprob and Wjn222 on your losses, and I hope you have a good holiday Maman.

Last night I had a 4lb loss, and got my 3stone certificate, before I turn 40, which is what I wanted. Also half way to my bronze body magic too.

This week the plan is to get another week closer to my bronze, but just to maintain on my weight, as I have a night away in a really nice spa hotel, and a number of meals out. Plan to be good when I can and save up my syns.

Today's plan:
    Lunch - salmon salad
    Dinner - Fajita bowl (fajita's but no wrap, and with rice instead)
    Snacks - strawberries, raspberries, grapes, cherries, cereal bars

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - salad dressing (0.5)
    Originally posted by kathrynha
    I am so pleased for you as you really wanted that
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 8 1/2 lb week 13
    • MissTeach
    • By MissTeach 14th Jun 17, 7:19 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    MissTeach
    Official weigh-in tonight has another 1lb off!

Doesn't sound much but in reality after my awful bout of comfort eating after returning from London, I had put on 6lb. Skipped last week's weigh-in as I was late home from work anyway and didn't want to try and get across the other side of the city to get to my normal group only to be told I'd put 6 on!! So in reality, I've actually had an awesome loss this week. Just a shame it was because of a gain previously!

But onwards and downwards. Am now back to being at a new low. 5 stone 10.5lb loss. 3.5lb to go until my 6 stone award which I'm hoping to get before we break up for the end of the summer term. Got a wedding this weekend and am travelling down to Devon for it so am expecting a gain next week. But will keep on plan up until Friday night and then be back on it first thing Monday morning. Not looking forward to the 4 hour drive down there on Friday after work!

Well done to everyone who has had a loss!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 14th Jun 17, 9:34 PM
    • 47,927 Posts
    • 561,268 Thanks
    bubbs
    Official weigh-in tonight has another 1lb off!

Doesn't sound much but in reality after my awful bout of comfort eating after returning from London, I had put on 6lb. Skipped last week's weigh-in as I was late home from work anyway and didn't want to try and get across the other side of the city to get to my normal group only to be told I'd put 6 on!! So in reality, I've actually had an awesome loss this week. Just a shame it was because of a gain previously!

But onwards and downwards. Am now back to being at a new low. 5 stone 10.5lb loss. 3.5lb to go until my 6 stone award which I'm hoping to get before we break up for the end of the summer term. Got a wedding this weekend and am travelling down to Devon for it so am expecting a gain next week. But will keep on plan up until Friday night and then be back on it first thing Monday morning. Not looking forward to the 4 hour drive down there on Friday after work!

Well done to everyone who has had a loss!
    Originally posted by MissTeach
    Amazing loss well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-2 stone 8 1/2 lb week 13
    • greentiger
    • By greentiger 14th Jun 17, 9:44 PM
    • 1,878 Posts
    • 13,607 Thanks
    greentiger
    Well done, kathrynha (brilliant loss and woo hoo for 3 stones) and MissTeach.

I am enjoying a spell of self sabotage/
    Stashbusting 102/200
    17 in 17 Challenge 11/17
    Reading Challenge 10/40
    Film Challenge 22/52
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,627Posts Today

8,635Users online

Martin's Twitter