Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • parist
    • By parist 28th Apr 17, 12:29 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 18Thanks
    parist
    Civil enforcement Ltd missed 14 days claim form
    • 28th Apr 17, 12:29 PM
    Civil enforcement Ltd missed 14 days claim form 28th Apr 17 at 12:29 PM
    Hello,
    I need some advice with regards to the above parking company issuing a Claim Form on the 7th April at the County Court Business Centre in Northampton which is signed Civil Enforcement Ltd (Claimant's Legal Representative)

The particulars of claim letter is signed by Ashley Cohen ( looks like a photocopy signature)

It is now 28th April so the 14 day deadline has been missed. This has only been brought to light to me by my elderly mother who is the registered owner of the vehicle and who is unsure how to proceed.

So I have taken it on board to help and hopefully sort it out for her.

I am currently reading through the NEWBIES section and various boards to get a handle on this situation.

Is it too late to register for MCOL? Seeing as the deadline for 14 days has passed.

Any help would be most aprreciated as it's causing her enough stress as it is and now I've got to deal with this as she hasn't a clue.

Many thanks

P..
    Last edited by parist; 28-04-2017 at 12:39 PM.
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Sep 17, 10:08 PM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Phone the court and ask them the questions - they will be in the best position to confirm the current standing of the case and to advise on method of corresponding and whether there is a form of words to use.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 11th Sep 17, 12:51 PM
    • 823 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Indeed, the obvious course is to call the court. More immediate and you can have a conversation.
    • parist
    • By parist 25th Sep 17, 10:19 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    parist
    Tried phoning the court a few times and emailed them too. No response. It's nearly 3 weeks now since the deadline for CEL to file its defence to the local court.

Should I try and get a stay on this case?

Or just wait and let the courts process come through?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 25th Sep 17, 10:46 PM
    • 15,432 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Send the court an email - for the attention of the procedural judge.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 26th Sep 17, 10:41 AM
    • 823 Posts
    • 946 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Correction: they werent submitting a defence. They were setting out full particulars of how you were liable. Dont get this wrong, its very very different.

Write as above. First class, proof of posting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,105Posts Today

5,091Users online

Martin's Twitter