Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • biged670
    • By biged670 27th Apr 17, 10:18 PM
    • 366Posts
    • 33Thanks
    biged670
    Looking for advice
    • 27th Apr 17, 10:18 PM
    Looking for advice 27th Apr 17 at 10:18 PM
    Hi,

I had a parking 'ticket' through the post from New Generation Parking Management back a few weeks ago.

To give a bit of background I had attended a charity event and mistakenly parked on land owned by the business premises next to the building where the event was being held. I genuinly had no idea I was breaking any rules by parking where I did.

The notice I received in the post told me I had to pay £100 or £60 in the first two weeks. I ignored this letter and I have now received another in the post this week which is headed 'Final Reminder'.

I've read the newbie sticky post at the top of the forum but I was wondering my best course of action now as I am now outside of the appeal window?
Page 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 12:16 AM
    • 50,736 Posts
    • 64,146 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    is a a distinct issue.
    Just a typo.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• biged670
    • By biged670 3rd Oct 17, 9:20 AM
    • 366 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    biged670
    Just a typo.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Thought so
    • biged670
    • By biged670 14th Oct 17, 8:29 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    biged670
    So I've had a reply from WH. It appears they do not want to play ball...

• Redx
    • By Redx 14th Oct 17, 8:39 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,176 Thanks
    Redx
    mmmm, the infamous TIM HAWKER who it seems cannot spell acknowledged

it also lists ZZPS as the client , yet a PPC is the true client (NGPL) , not some sc@mming debt collection agency such as ZZPS

its probably a ZZPS letter on WH headed notepaper
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 14th Oct 17, 9:25 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Yes, no surprise with that 'cop out' response.

You need to sit tight now and leave the next move to them. You've made you position clear and you've sent them some strong messages which, if nothing else, will show them that any court proceedings will be robustly, and very competently, defended.

Let us know if you hear anything else but, in the meantime, it wouldn't hurt to start working on your defence.
    • biged670
    • By biged670 14th Oct 17, 11:03 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    biged670
    Are they able to ignore my request for information in light of the new protocol that came into effect on the 1st?
    • Lamilad
    • By Lamilad 14th Oct 17, 11:10 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 2,079 Thanks
    Lamilad
    Are they able to ignore my request for information in light of the new protocol that came into effect on the 1st?
    Originally posted by biged670
    No, not if they intend to comply with the new rules. The fact they are not, obviously helps your case and you'll make a 'big thing' of it in your defence
    • biged670
    • By biged670 15th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 366 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    biged670
    I guess I just wait for their next move...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,264Posts Today

7,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin