Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IndependentOfZfc
    • By IndependentOfZfc 27th Apr 17, 4:22 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    IndependentOfZfc
    Any UK Hireright background check experience?
    • 27th Apr 17, 4:22 PM
    Any UK Hireright background check experience? 27th Apr 17 at 4:22 PM
    I have recently been offered a new job, which is subject to a Hireright background check. I have been with my current company just over 9 years, with no issues at all. The only reason I'm moving on is for a salary increase.

My problem is that with my previous job 9 years ago, I was dismissed for gross misconduct. In fact I managed to get my current job while suspended, pending the outcome of a hearing. I was up front with my current employer but they were satisfied with a basic reference - not sure if it would have been different or not if I'd already been dismissed at the time of requesting the reference. But technically I had no gap in employment.

Anyway of course I would like this to be all behind me now - in fact the previous job was a completely different line of work. My question is, in the UK does anyone have experience of Hireright asking for more than 9 years history? And do they ever report the reason for leaving? I have yet to receive the link to their online form. All anecdotal info I have seen online seems to be related to background checks in the US.

I have not been dishonest with the new company as they have not asked me why I left the job 9 years ago. My record with my current company will be no problem.

Thanks for any information.
Page 1
    • The doog
    • By The doog 13th Jul 17, 1:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    The doog
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:37 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 1:37 AM
    Any update to this thread my friend?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,662Posts Today

7,098Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin