Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 27th Apr 17, 2:25 PM
    • 227Posts
    • 215Thanks
    claxtome
    1 Big Car Park, 2 landowners, Valid parking ticket but Parking Charge Issued
    • 27th Apr 17, 2:25 PM
    1 Big Car Park, 2 landowners, Valid parking ticket but Parking Charge Issued 27th Apr 17 at 2:25 PM
    Backgound
    1 big car park 2 landowners - local council and private (ESxxx) which is AOS member and should follow IPC guidelines)
    2 entrances from highway to ES part and 1 entrance from highway to Council part.
    Bought valid parking ticket in council part; drove to private part and parked.
    Didn't realise the car park covered 2 areas of land ownership.
    No signage at change of land ownership against IPC CoP guidelines
    No boundary fence on the day
    Came back later in day with 'Notice to Driver' parking charge with words "council tickets not valid in this part of car park"
    Have produced a DVD showing how it is possible to drive round the car park without going back onto a highway

NTK came back 39 days later. I ignored and didn't appeal

Further letters and sent my response appeal
    Received reply stating too late to appeal and continuing with chasing letters.

Received LBC from Gladstones which I replied

Received MCOL court claim letter from Northampton early April

Defence, WS and Skeleton have now been submitted and court date is very soon

My defence, WS, evidence etc. are in this folder->
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r1mszyesx5cxpoa/AACVSwFWvw_nXMN0soZAO964a?dl=0

Claimant's WS and evidence are in this fo!der->
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/im119eaq9etiyo8/AADm3lCyIuUpeg7itMoGtrq_a?dl=0

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by claxtome; 11-10-2017 at 2:11 PM.
Page 10
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 11th Oct 17, 2:27 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Have you looked up online who your DJ is? Crossing my fingers it's the same as Kezza's. Not sure what time they publish the listings online.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 11th Oct 17, 3:03 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/parkingeye-witness-tantamount-to-perjury.html

recent court report where witness didn't show and D had put them on notice of his/her wish to cross examine them.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 11th Oct 17, 3:10 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    I don't see the Judge that Kerry got on the list for the day tomorrow so unlikely I will get the same judge.

Not a problem - starting to feel quietly confident...
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 11th Oct 17, 3:31 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    recent court report where witness didn't show and D had put them on notice of his/her wish to cross examine them.
    Interesting link - let's hope I get a judge who equally doesn't like a witness turning up when asked to.
    It's a shame I didn't send it a week ago and not yesterday.
    It was also interesting to read about the evidence in that case.
    In mine a lot of their evidence is dodgy at best...

Going to have a lot of email screenshots and copies of letters ready to utilise.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Oct 17, 8:47 AM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Good luck today claxtome
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Oct 17, 9:32 AM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    Will try to add a post when I get there and obviously will let the forum know how it goes.
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 12th Oct 17, 9:34 AM
    • 530 Posts
    • 956 Thanks
    Johnersh
    Good stuff. Good luck.
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Oct 17, 2:08 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    Right arrived. Met the other side. One solicitor. She has handed me a submission of new evidence. That can't be allowed. A lot of it is my evidence anotated. She says she is going to talk to judge about signage. Suggestions?
    Last edited by claxtome; 13-10-2017 at 4:55 AM.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Oct 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Give it back to her now and tell her to seek leave to adduce new evidence
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 2:09 PM
    • 16,119 Posts
    • 20,201 Thanks
    Redx
    you should have refused to accept the new paperwork

give it back and strongly object like LOC123 says above
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Oct 17, 2:13 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    They've had your statement since July.
    They had kezza's since last week and the FOI stuff (although everything in there was known to them long before - kezza's info because they were the C and the FOI stuff because it's their car park and because they are supposed to keep meticulous records according to their CoP).
    What's their excuse for producing new stuff today?
    Last edited by Loadsofchildren123; 12-10-2017 at 2:19 PM.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Oct 17, 2:14 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Have you asked her where the witness is?
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Oct 17, 2:19 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    Have handed it back and told her I refuse the evidence - too late now. Thanks
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Oct 17, 2:21 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    Witness hasn't turned up as "it is not cost effective"
    Last edited by claxtome; 12-10-2017 at 2:34 PM.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Oct 17, 2:24 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Tell the judge she said that to you, he won't like that.
    Say that there are pertinent questions that the witness should be there for you to ask and him to answer. You can't bring a case and then refuse to provide the person giving the evidence because it's not cost effective!
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    Going to be a bit of a delay... not first up.
    Gives me time to settle down. Found a nice quiet place to sit... I think I am ready for how to handle new evidence and witness not turning up.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Oct 17, 2:28 PM
    • 16,119 Posts
    • 20,201 Thanks
    Redx
    also object to todays "evidence" too , ask for it to be struck out as they have had months to prepare it

hopefully the judge will see it from your point of view being NEW to all this plus the fact its not in their submitted bundle but being produced at the last minute

ie:- trip them up as much as possible
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Oct 17, 2:33 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    When you say their new stuff is late, they'll say so was yours.

You will accept that and apologise, but point out how centrally relevant it is and that it contained nothing new as far as the C is concerned because they were the C in that other case, that other case concerned identical facts so is clearly relevant, and because they run half the car park so should know about things like the dividing line, demarcation of the dividing line, signage on the dividing line etc. Their CoP requires them to keep meticulous records about things like signage.

So whilst your new docs were late, there was nothing new in them to the Claimant, they were served 7 days ago and the C has had plenty of time to deal with them.

Unlike their new stuff which is all new to you.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 12th Oct 17, 2:34 PM
    • 1,264 Posts
    • 2,164 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    check with the court usher/clerk that your bundle and skeleton are there
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 12th Oct 17, 2:40 PM
    • 227 Posts
    • 215 Thanks
    claxtome
    I did he has them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

269Posts Today

1,802Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin