Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Noree
    • By Noree 26th Apr 17, 9:30 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Noree
    NGP - Company Vehicle
    • 26th Apr 17, 9:30 PM
    NGP - Company Vehicle 26th Apr 17 at 9:30 PM
    Hi all

I've been reading this forum for a while now and have had two 'charges' in the past. They've previously been ignored and then have effectively disappeared. Information that I've read on here in the past has really helped, so many thanks!

I've read the newbie section, but would like to see if anyone could assist on this occasion...

I now have a company/lease vehicle and received an email from a colleague in the office regarding a charge from New Generation Parking.

The notice is from the start of March, though I was only notified yesterday from work as they (apparently) knew nothing of it until yesterday. I would believe they had their details forwarded from the lease company from when the notice was originally sent out?! What is better is it's their final notice. So at some point, they must've perhaps sent the first invoice to the lease company, then now to my work.

There wasn't any notice stuck on my windscreen from the date of NGP's notice.

If it was my own vehicle, I couldn't care less and they could continue to bother me for as long as they wanted, but the newbie advice is to respond and fight back.

Due to my circumstances of late notice (no pun intended) on this matter, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shall I respond and give them my details as the keeper of the vehicle? This may then ensure the rest of the dialogue doesn't interfere with the lease company or my work?!

Also, the pictures are really bad on the notice.

Could I argue that there's insufficient proof that it's my vehicle. They haven't even verified the vehicle from its chassis number.

These companies really are a jobsworth and bully many people into money. If I made a living off doing this, then I'd feel my earnings are tainted.

Perhaps I should just charge them £200 admin fee for every email I send them?!

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Noree; 27-04-2017 at 8:45 PM.
Page 1
    • Noree
    • By Noree 27th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    • 27th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    • 27th Apr 17, 5:44 PM
    Hi all

Just spoke with my lease company to see if they know anything about the charge, their generic response was that they forward it to the company who lease the vehicle; my work basically.

Should I contact NGP and tell them I'm the keeper of the vehicle and then go from there with the use of the standardised ICP format letters found in the newbies section?

I'd assume that they would then only contact myself for future reference.

And would I have to give them my address or would an email be classed as sufficient?

Thanks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 27th Apr 17, 5:53 PM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 19,601 Thanks
    Redx
    • 27th Apr 17, 5:53 PM
    • 27th Apr 17, 5:53 PM
    the NEWBIES advice has a specific section about lease vehicles with extra input from edna basher, please read it carefully

yes the KEEPER should write and get a pcn in their own name , using their own address (or any serviceable address) , and ideally create a throwaway email address just for trash like this, so maybe set up a new gmail email address and use it for this task

once the new pcn has been sent and received , the KEEPER can appeal it in the usual manner

no point in arguing with them at all, not until it gets to court (if it goes that far and an MCOL is issued)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Apr 17, 12:41 AM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 28th Apr 17, 12:41 AM
    • 28th Apr 17, 12:41 AM
    Should I contact NGP and tell them I'm the keeper of the vehicle and then go from there with the use of the standardised ICP format letters found in the newbies section?

No, use the 'hirer/lessee' appeal version as shown there in the NEWBIES thread, courtesy of Edna Basher.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Noree
    • By Noree 28th Apr 17, 7:52 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    • 28th Apr 17, 7:52 AM
    • 28th Apr 17, 7:52 AM
    Okay. Thanks guys.

So far I have just contacted them as the keeper and handed over my personal details so they can now deal with me directly.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Apr 17, 11:21 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 28th Apr 17, 11:21 PM
    • 28th Apr 17, 11:21 PM
    OK so you can use the hirer (para 13/14 of the POFA) argument if they ever try court then, because there is no further appeal worth trying with an IPC firm, as post #3 of the NEWBIES thread explains.

Remain the 'hirer/lessee' (day to day keeper) at all times in any defence/contact.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Noree
    • By Noree 11th Jun 17, 3:45 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    • 11th Jun 17, 3:45 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 3:45 PM
    Hello again.

So it turns out they've sent me three PCN's. Will I have to go through these processes three times?

I've sent the same thing on all three occasions, to notify them that I'm the hirer/keeper of the vehicle and that's it...

This week I got a letter from Gladstones.

It's a letter before claim. They are saying that they are instructed to commence legal action to recover £160 as I've given no valid reason for non-payment.

NCP's final notices have only gone to the lease company and not myself - don't know if this is worth mentioning? I've only had a PCN for each of the three and now a solicitor letter.

The letter states I'm liable (as keeper)? I am required to pay within 14 days or alternatively provide a written response, providing my full account of the circumstances.

Having looked up the dates of the 3 PCN's, they are all when the local football & rugby team are playing. I have a friend who lives on this residential site and people park all over the site every day, with less present on match days. It seems a bit contradictory of their practices to pick and choose match days, surely?!

Anyways, help/advice for what to do next would be much appreciated. There's no way I'm prepared to pay them £160 x 3!! I could go to this site today and see vehicles parked in both bays and in other sections of the site which the would prompt a PCN by their reckoning.

To get 3 PCN's before I'm even aware of the first is simply unjust. It's contradictory of what day-to-day parking on this site is like and to 'charge' someone on a select day due to the expected heavier volume of vehicles on local sporting events is testament of NGP's ways.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by Noree; 11-06-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 5:09 PM
    So it turns out they've sent me three PCN's. Will I have to go through these processes three times?
    Yes but you should robustly reply to G's, referring to all three PCNs and tell them if a claim is started, then they must include all three charges in one claim (quote PCN numbers) because to start 3 claims would clearly be an abuse of process, since a defendant does not have to face essentially, exactly the same issue, from the same claimant in court more than once.

I've sent the same thing on all three occasions, to notify them that I'm the hirer/keeper of the vehicle and that's it...
    OK, so continue in that vein in your robust response to G's.

• Noree
    • By Noree 11th Jun 17, 6:19 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:19 PM
    • 11th Jun 17, 6:19 PM
    Yes but you should robustly reply to G's, referring to all three PCNs and tell them if a claim is started, then they must include all three charges in one claim (quote PCN numbers) because to start 3 claims would clearly be an abuse of process, since a defendant does not have to face essentially, exactly the same issue, from the same claimant in court more than once.

OK, so continue in that vein in your robust response to G's.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    The only reason I've sent three responses is because I was not aware of the next one until I'd sent them notice of keeper/hirer. They all seemed to 'drip' through over a matter of a month or so.

Do you think it would be viable to tell NGP & Gladstones to combine all three PCN's together in any correspondence? As you say, it's a bit over-the-top to have to go through all matters three times.

Any response or action required from this LBC they've sent me? Or shall I ride this out for now? It does state I've got 14 days from 02/06/2017 to respond or pay.

ht#tp://imgur.com/a/xggUG

If you remove the hashtag from above, you can see what I've been sent.

Many thanks
    • MothballsWallet
    • By MothballsWallet 11th Jun 17, 6:20 PM
    • 11,222 Posts
    • 14,750 Thanks
    MothballsWallet
    Live link for reference:

http://imgur.com/a/xggUG
    Always ask yourself one question: What would Gibbs do?
    Married to an immigrant.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jun 17, 6:48 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Do you think it would be viable to tell NGP & Gladstones to combine all three PCN's together in any correspondence? As you say, it's a bit over-the-top to have to go through all matters three times.
    Yes, that's why I said it.

It's not just over the top, it's arguably an abuse of process and a waste of the Court's time as well as your own.

Your reply to G's could say:

It is widely accepted that it is an abuse to bring two or more sets of proceedings in respect of the same subject matter. This can amount to harassment of the defendant in order to make them fight the same battle more than once with the attendant multiplication of costs time and stress.

As such, blah blah...

• Noree
    • By Noree 11th Jun 17, 7:31 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    It may seem an open question, but am I likely to be able to avoid paying anything from these three PCN's?

Or will this require court attendance? If so, I'm not too confident on whether I can hold my own against these companies?!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jun 17, 7:41 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes - likely to pay nothing, and yes, likely to get a claim to defend. That's how these are won.

• Noree
    • By Noree 11th Jun 17, 8:54 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    Evening (again). Have I done everything correct thus far? So far my only communication has been to confirm myself as the keeper/hirer of the vehicle.

I've waited it out and got the LBC (as mentioned above). My only other communication from myself was to tell G's to combine the three PCN's into one 'case'.

Have I made a mistake by not attempting to appeal? The reason I didn't was because I believe I was outside their appeal period by the time these notices came to my attention.
    Last edited by Noree; 11-06-2017 at 9:05 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    A registered keeper does not have to appeal what was seen as a scam. And in any case, IAS appeal is considered to be unwinnable as it's run the same people who ran Gladstones/same people who ran the IPC.

So you have good reason why you did not engage.

• Noree
    • By Noree 4th Jul 17, 2:18 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    Afternoon all.

So after letting them know about the fact there'll be three NCP's, meaning this 'hassle' three times, I did actually get a rather robotic response as follows...

"Thank you for your correspondence.
    !
    We are only instructed to recover one parking charge (XXXXXX). As such, we are unable to combine our file with any other charges.
    !
    In the event payment of £160 is not made within 14 days further legal action will be taken in respect of this charge. Payment can be made at www.gslcollections.com."

A request was made that all three PCN's should be combined due to the feel of hassle/abuse on my part, not to mention a waste of the courts' time.

Is a response back worthwhile?

Or shall I just await court proceedings? If they decide to open proceedings on one PCN at a time, then surely this would be great to mention in the defence?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Jul 17, 12:38 AM
    • 50,098 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would reply that Courts have frowned upon Gladstones' attempts to have ''more than one bite at the cherry'', by filing separate claims, so if they now do so you will have no hesitation in drawing their wholly unreasonable and vexatious claim(s) to the presiding Judge and will seek your full costs.

And tell them cheerfully, that you will also append this Blog in evidence, in support of the contention that it appears that New Generation Parking Management routinely offend against consumer rights and are not the innocent party in proceedings:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/new-generation-parking-management-found.html

• Noree
    • By Noree 15th Jul 17, 3:43 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    I don't know if it's an angle worth exploring, but I'm reliable informed that residents have been taking pictures and sending them to NGP. Is this allowed? Are NGP entitled to confirm who has taken the pictures? Should it be employees only and can I contest this?

Looking at the blog posted by Coupon-Mad above (also on this post); if the signage is BPC and not IPA, would this throw all cases out as signage isn't correct, even if it's one?

Blog post: http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/new-generation-parking-management-found.html

It'll be worth checking all signs ASAP to see if all are correct or not. If any signs display the wrong information, how much evidence is required on a picture to make it legible as evidence? Just a picture of the sign won't do, so would it have to include some buildings/obvious background to make it fully identifiable?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Jul 17, 4:25 PM
    • 7,291 Posts
    • 7,446 Thanks
    pappa golf
    common thing "man with a brownie" , norris cole at his best , did you get copies of the origional letters to the lease Co , and the dates they were received by them (company date stamped)
    • Noree
    • By Noree 15th Jul 17, 4:36 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Noree
    I got notification from my work company as the lease company just send them over/notify the company that is leasing the vehicle. As for what NGP/Glastones have sent myself, it's a bit messy/inconsistent.

When I notified NGP that I'm the hirer, I have so far received:

Claim 1 - parking notice then a letter before claim
    Claim 2 - parking notice then final reminder
    Claim 3 - only a parking notice so far

So no final notice before LBC. They're making this up. Not a robust approach at all!!

I could request all documentation sent by NGP but they probably won't respond. What the lease company have sent over is just the usual PCN paperwork with shoddy photos.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,224Posts Today

6,183Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin