Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mouseclick
    • By mouseclick 25th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    • 228Posts
    • 87Thanks
    mouseclick
    GB Energy: bill from the administrators, and meter reading errors
    • 25th Apr 17, 7:37 PM
    GB Energy: bill from the administrators, and meter reading errors 25th Apr 17 at 7:37 PM
    Hi,

I have a problem with my electricity bill. I am now with EDF.

I was on GB energy until March 2016, but they could not read my smart meter, which was installed by OVO. I told them this, and they made up a fictitious start and end reading.

Now, EDF find that my actual reading is less than what I am supposed to have started with, because of GB Energy's inaccurate figures. I am owed about £350. It is now a formal complaint. I am waiting for the refund.

Today, I got another bill from GB Energy's administrators! It says:
    As a previous customer of GB Energy Supply Limited you are receiving this update to notify you of recent events regarding the Company.

On 30 November 2016 at 00:01 (electricity) and 05:01 (gas), all customers that were being supplied by the Company were transferred to a new supplier, Co-Operative Energy (‘Co-Op Energy’) by Ofgem in accordance with the Supplier of Last Report (‘SOLR’) process. This enabled customers that were being supplied by the Company at that time to continue to receive their usual supply of electricity and/or gas without interruption.

On 6 December 2016 Graham Newton and Tony Nygate of BDO LLP were appointed Joint Administrators of the Company. Since their appointment, the Joint Administrators have been working to realise the assets of the Company for the benefit of the Company’s unsecured creditors who are owed c£21m. Once the Administration, and any subsequent Liquidation process has completed, the Company will be formally dissolved at Companies House and cease to exist as a registered business in the UK.

What happens next?

You have received this update as a previous customer of the Company who changed utility provider prior to 30 November 2016 and according to the Company’s records have a balance owing to the Company. Although the Company no longer operates as a live business, all outstanding debts remain valid and therefore payable to the Company.

It is the Joint Administrators’ responsibility to maximise asset realisations, including the collection of outstanding customer balances, in order to repay creditors who are owed monies by the Company. In order to facilitate this, the Joint Administrators have appointed CDS Global as agents on their behalf.

Please note that the Joint Administrators, together with their agents, act as agents of ‘the Company’ and without personal liability.

What do I need to do?

A copy of your final invoice has been included in this notification, this balance relates to energy usage between your last invoice and the date of supply transfer/date you ceased to be a customer of the Company and is taken from the Company’s books and records. Payment can be made in the following ways: (etc etc)
    But their final reading on my electricity meter is an "estimate":
    29 Mar 2016 7523.3 Estimate
    My current reading is about 2400!

This madness came about because I am away from home a lot, so I thought a smart meter would help. But ONLY Ovo can read the Ovo meter. And even the meter readers get confused. The recent one from EDF said it was 655, so I had to send photographs in.

What a mess! Can anyone suggest anything?
Page 3
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 9th Sep 17, 5:12 PM
    • 442 Posts
    • 293 Thanks
    sheff6107
    No. They have to take you to court, win and only then if you fail to pay after 28 days would your credit file be affected.

I'm going through the same nonsense with their so called solicitors.

Just ignore them, but act on any court claim that would arrive in a brown envelope - although that is very very unlikely.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2Posts Today

4,066Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin