Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JerseyOne
    • By JerseyOne 24th Apr 17, 8:23 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JerseyOne
    My Parking Charge Advice Please
    • 24th Apr 17, 8:23 PM
    My Parking Charge Advice Please 24th Apr 17 at 8:23 PM
    Hello,

Direction on which template to use and where to send it please?

On 11/04/17 I received a PCN from my parking charge, it contained the usual £100 charge or pay within 14 days at £60.

I have read numerous threads and listened to the advice given. I have now received the NTK dated 19/04/17 from vehicle control services ltd who have stated the same information apart from I am now lucky enough to make payment at £60 from the date of their letter - payment of £60 until 03/05/17.

I have followed procedure and can see vehicle control services ltd are a member of IPC.
    Likewise I have noted the response template to IPC member. However, from viewing the appeal process on the NTK, it states I need to appeal the PCN on myparkingcharge.co.uk
    Do I follow this direction or send the template to vehicle control service ltd please?

Could someone also be kind enough to attach the most recent template too? I have found a few on here and I am unsure as to which is most appropriate?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 24th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    • 14,418 Posts
    • 17,998 Thanks
    Redx
    • 24th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    • 24th Apr 17, 10:37 PM
    use the IPC template in black text from post #1 of the NEWBIES sticky thread if this is a VCS pcn (like the post tells you to do)

you follow the appeals process shown on their pcn
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • JerseyOne
    • By JerseyOne 25th Apr 17, 1:56 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JerseyOne
    • 25th Apr 17, 1:56 AM
    • 25th Apr 17, 1:56 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

So to clarify, am I sending the template to 'my parking charge' the company who issued the ticket (who are not registered with IPC) or to VCS the company who has sent the NTK?

I suspect my parking charge utilise VCS to send their NTK letters out since they are a registered member of IPC?

Could you please post the link to the template so I am sending the correct one. When do you suggest I reply?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 25th Apr 17, 8:07 AM
    • 14,418 Posts
    • 17,998 Thanks
    Redx
    • 25th Apr 17, 8:07 AM
    • 25th Apr 17, 8:07 AM
    VCS is the PPC

VCS issued the pcn and are a very large private company

follow the appeals procedure for the NTK if that came in the post , making sure they get it within 21 days of the issue date of the letter

use the template I told you to use , following the IPC procedures in post #1 of that NEWBIES sticky thread

no links, please find it and do as I said, its not rocket science
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • JerseyOne
    • By JerseyOne 17th May 17, 12:04 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JerseyOne
    • 17th May 17, 12:04 PM
    • 17th May 17, 12:04 PM
    Hello,

To keep you updated I completed the template and the appeal (as expected) was refused.
    I have reviewed all the appropriate treads to which there is an array of and found one in very similar circumstances to my PCN. I take note that there are mixed responses on the IAS appeal. I understand that it is probably best to ignore all correspondence from now on unless it is LBCC or MCOL information.
    From reading their response they say I have failed to explain or meet the requirements for a section 10 notice and I am concerned in relation to POFA. I have reviewed schedule 8/9 and it appears they have covered all necessary points.

I have considered writing and complaining to the retail company however there is no point as I do not have a receipt and the shop was closed at the time of my visit, the PCN's are enforced when the store is closed therefore I have no valid excuse as to why I was there.
    What I didn't know is that these **** �� can then send you the aforementioned junk and threats through the post for up to 6 years and that I need to make sure I update them if I move address etc.
    I don't want to pay this whatsoever as they are crooks making millions however balancing up the torrent of threats and abuse for 6 years of my life.... is it worth it?
    Yes it may never reach court stage but if it did I haven't a leg to stand on?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th May 17, 9:54 PM
    • 46,894 Posts
    • 60,228 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 17th May 17, 9:54 PM
    • 17th May 17, 9:54 PM
    I have reviewed schedule 8/9 and it appears they have covered all necessary points.
    Nope. VCS get the 28 period wrong,they misstate the timeline.

Anyone can pursue anyone for 'debt' for up to 6 years, this isn't something special about PPCs.

Yes it may never reach court stage but if it did I haven't a leg to stand on?
    Not sure why you think that, seeing as no poster here has lost v VCS or Excel (BW Legal claims) after getting full forum advice from defence to witness statement, through to winning the hearing. Why do you think you would lose, it's not about whether you were a patron.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,599Posts Today

6,692Users online

Martin's Twitter