Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TamikaS
    • By TamikaS 24th Apr 17, 12:07 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    TamikaS
    How do I sync Outlook with Galaxy S7?
    • 24th Apr 17, 12:07 PM
    How do I sync Outlook with Galaxy S7? 24th Apr 17 at 12:07 PM
    Hi all!
    I'm struggling to find a workaround to synchronize Outlook contacts, calendar and notes with my Samsung Galaxy S7.
    I tried to do that with using Smart Switch but this led to duplicating my entire addressbook, which costed me an hour of time on deleting the duplicates.
    Could anyone advice a workaround or any other way to sync Outlook with my Android phone?
    Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • d123
    • By d123 24th Apr 17, 12:28 PM
    • 6,510 Posts
    • 4,184 Thanks
    d123
    • 24th Apr 17, 12:28 PM
    • 24th Apr 17, 12:28 PM
    Hi all!
    I'm struggling to find a workaround to synchronize Outlook contacts, calendar and notes with my Samsung Galaxy S7.
    I tried to do that with using Smart Switch but this led to duplicating my entire addressbook, which costed me an hour of time on deleting the duplicates.
    Could anyone advice a workaround or any other way to sync Outlook with my Android phone?
    Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by TamikaS
    I don't use Outlook for that purpose, but have you tried adding your Outlook account in Settings - Cloud & Accounts - Accounts - Add account?

When I add my GMail account it adds contacts, calender etc
    ====
    • PHK
    • By PHK 24th Apr 17, 6:47 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    PHK
    • 24th Apr 17, 6:47 PM
    • 24th Apr 17, 6:47 PM
    That's what I do and it works seamlessly.
    • TamikaS
    • By TamikaS 8th May 17, 10:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TamikaS
    • 8th May 17, 10:07 AM
    • 8th May 17, 10:07 AM
    Yes, I do that but the thing is I want synchronization to be automatic. When I add new contacts I should sync it manually. So far I use a solution called Akruto and it works seamlessly.
    • PHK
    • By PHK 8th May 17, 9:33 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    PHK
    • 8th May 17, 9:33 PM
    • 8th May 17, 9:33 PM
    If you add your account as d123 says it's automatic. Or if you want you can turn Sync off and it will sync when turn it on.
    • MartinAulad
    • By MartinAulad 13th May 17, 12:39 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MartinAulad
    • 13th May 17, 12:39 AM
    • 13th May 17, 12:39 AM
    Hi Tamikas,
    I just found their Galaxy S8 guide and did exactly what they advice to do. But I still have a security certificate issue described in the video at 3:08
    youtube.com/watch?v=p61GDdncAIE
    Have you encountered the same promblem? Is it okay to just leave it like that?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,034Posts Today

8,867Users online

Martin's Twitter