Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mje1980
    • By mje1980 22nd Apr 17, 9:46 AM
    • 21Posts
    • 12Thanks
    mje1980
    Hospital Civil Enforcement Ltd PCN
    • 22nd Apr 17, 9:46 AM
    Hospital Civil Enforcement Ltd PCN 22nd Apr 17 at 9:46 AM
    Hi. Apologies for starting a new thread on an old subject. I have had a good read (Newbies section in particular) but don't want to make a mistake as I want to do whatever I can to avoid giving this mob any money.

Try to keep it short...
    Accidentally parked car in staff/permit area of hospital car park (it wasn't the registered keeper). I would argue signage was ambiguous.
    Bought and displayed ticket.

I read that I should complain to hospital first off, but also to avoid giving anyone info on who was driving. If I send hospital an email should I avoid that info (just I'm not happy blah blah my car was parked with best intentions...) or should I be doing something else?

It was 4 days ago, 18th April... £35 within 14 days, £70 within 28 days.

Am I going to have to give them something???
    Definitely willing to let 14 days pass if I need time.

Thank you for reading. Any help and advice really appreciated, let me know if any more info will help.
Page 3
    • mje1980
    • By mje1980 11th May 17, 7:23 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mje1980
    I've always ranted about paying hospital parking without knowing the actual details being sure it was a scam... that PCN sent me over the edge.

Corbyn wants free hospital parking and an end to NHS/public sector pay freeze, May wants to bring back fox hunting.... some tough choices!?
    • mje1980
    • By mje1980 18th May 17, 6:21 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mje1980
    Hi. Firstly I'd really like to thank everyone who has contributed to my thread, and also everyone who is involved in this forum that help others in similar situations.

Today the keeper of the car received a letter from CEL cancelling the PCN . Really pleased it has been resolved this quickly - exactly 1 month from date of PCN issued - and it would not have happened without the knowledge and kind help offered within this site.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th May 17, 12:34 AM
    • 48,992 Posts
    • 62,473 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Great news! Hope you still complain, as planned, to your MP as well:

Appeal as per the NEWBIES thread, win it on appeal (dead easy, no-one loses v CEL) then email the NHS Trust again once you have won and rant again.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• mje1980
    • By mje1980 19th May 17, 9:55 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    mje1980
    I will and to MP and Trust. PALS are, as far as i am aware, still due to reply to my original complaint so I might wait for that before following up.

Basically I want to know what the Trust themselves say before I tell them the PCN is cancelled. Find out whether they apply any pressure, fought my corner, to get PCNs dropped, or it's just CEL deciding it is a battle not worth fighting when plenty of people simply pay up quickly with no bother.

If it is the 2nd scenario my follow up will be even more forceful I think.

Anybody any idea how it likely works behind the scenes?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,622Posts Today

8,661Users online

Martin's Twitter