Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kenny1257
    • By Kenny1257 21st Apr 17, 10:23 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Kenny1257
    Brought a ticket, still got PCN issued!
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:23 PM
    Brought a ticket, still got PCN issued! 21st Apr 17 at 10:23 PM
    Hi,

On the 1st of April the driver went to Milton Keynes to do some shopping and parked on the Avebury Car park operated by Britannia Parking. The driver was only there for a flying visit and paid for three hours at a charge of £1.50 at the lower level pay point. The driver did their shopping and left. As they had paid and the entry/exit is covered by CCTV they did not retain the ticket, why would they?

Today (21/04/17) the keeper received a parking charge notice sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle dated the 19/04/17. The keeper fully intends to appeal as the keeper and will not disclose the identity of the driver. The keeper will ask for the CCTV of the pay points to prove that correct payment was paid by the unidentified driver and appeal on these grounds.

Additionally the keeper notes Schedule 4, 9 (5) of the protection of freedoms act which states that for liability to be attracted by the registered keeper this notice must be served within 14 days of the alleged contravention which in this case it was clearly not.

Any feedback or thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Kenny
    Last edited by Kenny1257; 21-04-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Jun 17, 10:25 PM
    • 51,501 Posts
    • 65,097 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You've just posted under my post - every post I make tells you where to click!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Jun 17, 11:45 PM
    • 15,464 Posts
    • 24,178 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi.

I'm being amazingly stupid but I cant find the NEWBIES thread to locate this POPLA appeals template.

Can someone help me please by posting a link. Sorry for being useless!
    Originally posted by Kenny1257
    One page back from here (use the < back button), then near the top of the forum thread list, in BLOCK CAPITALS, you will find it there.

Unless you can do basic navigation of the forum, you'll find this an uphill struggle, there's so much to find and research. That's why we don't provide links to easy-to-find sources, to help newbies to learn how to use the forum to its maximum potential.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,498Posts Today

8,578Users online

Martin's Twitter