Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 822Posts
    • 4,148Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Rambling on...
    • 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    Rambling on... 21st Apr 17 at 9:01 PM
    Where do I begin? This is hard...
    OK, I'll begin with my SOA:

Household Info
    Number of adults - 1
    Number of children - 0 (they are with their Mum)
    Number of cars - 0

Monthly Income
    After tax - 2104
    Benefits - 0
    Other Income - 0
    Total Monthly Income - 2104

Monthly Expenses
    Rent - 295
    Council Tax - 80
    Elec - 30
    Gas - 30
    Home Phone/TV and Broadband - 45
    Mobile - 12
    TV Licence - 13
    Shopping - 170
    Clothes/Shoes - 30
    Childcare/nursery - 500
    Other Child related expenses - 500
    Haircuts/Shaving - 10
    Entertainment - 20
    Emergency Fund - 15
    Total - 1750

Assets

Cash - 0
    House value - 0 (N/A)
    Shares/Bonds - 0 (N/A)
    Car - 0
    Other Assets - 0
    Total - 0

Secured/HP Debt
    Mortgage - 38500
    Secured Debt - 19500
    Total - 58000

UnSecured Debts
    Loans/Short Term/Payday - 6060
    Credit Cards - 1450
    Old Mobile Account - 330
    Total - 7840

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total Income - 2104
    Expenses - 1750
    Available for debt repayments - 354

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total Assets - 0
    Total Secured Debt; -58000
    Total Unsecured Debt; -7840
    Net Assets; -65840
    there may be a few wee errors here as I had to type it all out as it wouldn't let me paste it in...

As you can see, it's BAD... How did it get so bad?
    When I left home and got my home of me own I thought I was doing great. Single lad, I had a good job, good income, social life etc.
    I had the mortgage with the bank, credit card with the bank, then a loan for my first car...then other loans... and so it began to build up.
    After a while I managed to clear the loans and the cards and was able to keep myself in the black.
    Eventually, I met a nice lassie, we got married, had kids and started to build up debts again... Loans for holidays, cars, furniture etc. Used Credit cards and the bank overdraft for emergencies... we thought we were doing alright.

I rented out my old pad, the rent covered the mortgage.
    Then out of the blue I lost my job...
    I lost the the old place cos my tenant moved out, got married and set up on her own. I couldn't get another tenant who stayed long enough and paid the rent to keep it going... I lost it... repossessed.

My marriage fell apart, I left my family and the family home... had a total meltdown/breakdown.
    I ended up homeless, going from friend to friend, whoever would put me up for a bit, let me have somewhere to sleep.
    This went on for a few years, until I was fortunate enough to land another job. The friend I was staying with encouraged me to apply for a flat with the local council and eventually I got one.

I began to get back on my feet again, furnishing my wee place with second-hand furniture and other basic household items from the local charity shops. I don't have anything much (the old laptop I'm using is held together with duct tape and is veerrrryyyy sllloooooow...).

Now, i am being chased for my debts, it's time to face up to the mess that I have made of my life and wipe out the debt and become and stay debt free....
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 21-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Page 8
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 10th Jun 17, 11:05 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Today has been a day of leisure...
    This morning I went to the Gym and became one with the multiverse while beating the crap out of a heavy bag, lifting heavy weights and listening to an absolutely awesome workout playlist of kick-a s s Rock n Metal
    I have read... more Jo Nesbo
    I have played Fallout 3... for most of the afternoon... as you do... gamer's will understand
    I have watched TV... IRON MAN... YAY
    However, I have also done my laundry and cleaned out the kitchen...

I have also had a minimal spend day as I set myself a £10 budget for the day and I have *searches pockets for change*...
    £3.69 (and a Falkland Islands 10p??? eh?)

I am now kicking back with a few Ales - Joker IPA... lovely
    Now to catching up with everyone's adventures
    Hope you have all had good days too
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 11th Jun 17, 12:04 AM
    • 5,320 Posts
    • 26,124 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Sounds like a lovely day
    DFW £1783.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £571.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 11th Jun 17, 10:56 AM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Easy like Sunday morning...
    Ah Sunday again...
    Household chores to do.
    Sunday morning is my blitz it time for housework. Thankfully the kitchen and the laundry are already done.
    Dusting and hoovering of rest of house and the usual deep clean of the shower room and I am done and can settle for the rest of day and either watch some more Twin Peaks or explore the wastelands in Fallout 3...
    Today is going to be a NSD as thanks to my dear wee mammy I have a lovely steak pie for my dinner today

Hope everyone else has a great Sunday too
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 11-06-2017 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Brainfart
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 11th Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 2,239 Posts
    • 14,227 Thanks
    parsniphead
    Could you pop round mine when you're done. You sound better at housework tha ln me. I could help you declutter that pie though.
    My August to Christmas challenge:.
    Pay off £2500 debt - £1088/2500 43.52%
    Completely declutter the house by Christmas day...all of it.

Nothing gets better until you get better.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 11th Jun 17, 11:31 AM
    • 939 Posts
    • 8,720 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Aren't wee mammies wonderful? Steak pie - yummie. I bet she makes you soup as well!
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 11th Jun 17, 12:27 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Aren't wee mammies wonderful? Steak pie - yummie. I bet she makes you soup as well!
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    Yup
    She makes a bloody good pot of soup
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 11th Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 4,623 Posts
    • 26,386 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    My DD is a gamer so it could be Fallout 3 that's stopping her clearing her room.

Mr SA is fond of his ales, I'm sure he's had Joker IPA before. Small pleasures eh.

Have a good week
    Virtual Sealed Pot £671.22
    November NSD 4/12
    Weight loss 1/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 12th Jun 17, 7:46 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I see a rainbow rising, look there, on the horizon...
    Not long back from meeting with the IP/Trustee at the CAB...

What a relief it is to know that I am not being judged and that they are there to help me and not my creditors.

I was actually told that I was not allowing myself enough to live on in my budget
    They are going to help me sort out my budget so that my creditors get the bare minimum

It will be four years of living within my means, not four years of misery

Thank you to everyone who has been thinking of me or praying or sending good vibes etc. Please, please keep it up

Have set a date for end of July to finalise application and pay the £200 fee.

I will, of course, keep everyone updated about progress and everything
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 12th Jun 17, 7:57 PM
    • 939 Posts
    • 8,720 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Well done. You'll get there but you still have to have a life. I remember cutting everything to a minimum and not realizing how much I really needed to live on. CAB were brilliant is showing me the way through .
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 12th Jun 17, 8:07 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Well done. You'll get there but you still have to have a life. I remember cutting everything to a minimum and not realizing how much I really needed to live on. CAB were brilliant is showing me the way through .
    Originally posted by Toni'sfriend
    Thanks Toni'sfriend
    That's exactly what I had done too, cut everything to minimum. The IP/Trustee actually said, " it should be four years of living within your means, not four years of misery!"
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 13th Jun 17, 5:46 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Another NSD today

Been a good day, busy but good.

Hope everyone else has had a good day too
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • safehouse
    • By safehouse 13th Jun 17, 6:27 PM
    • 708 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    safehouse
    Have read through your diary and you truly are an inspiration, well done you for getting some help. Please keep posting and remember one day at a time .
    Oh and I have a friend who had an IVA set up when she was struggling....thinking is similar to what you are going for....she said was the best thing she ever done
    Last edited by safehouse; 13-06-2017 at 7:30 PM.
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 13th Jun 17, 6:58 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 9,670 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    Well done. Have a relaxed evening
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/November 2017=4,490
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 13th Jun 17, 6:59 PM
    • 4,623 Posts
    • 26,386 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad things are progressing and that you won't be left scrimping and scraping It's a good feeling getting things sorted.
    November NSD 4/12
    Weight loss 1/7lbs
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 13th Jun 17, 8:05 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Safehouse Thank you
    Honestly, If someone can read through all these diary entries and be inspired to get help with their debt problems, then I am good wi that...
    I truly cannot thank my local CAB and the wonderful folks on here enough for their help.

Doingitanyway Thank you, I am relaxing with a nice ale after my tea and soon to catch some more of Twin Peaks season 2

Sun Addict Yes, thank you , it is a wonderful feeling to know that I will be able to get by for the next four years

Have a great evening and a good nights' sleep everyone
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 13th Jun 17, 8:12 PM
    • 5,320 Posts
    • 26,124 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I hope you're going to stick around with us

Glad you're happier
    DFW £1783.71/£7348.71 Rent Arrears £571.28/£3381.28

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 13th Jun 17, 8:26 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I hope you're going to stick around with us

Glad you're happier
    Originally posted by Hiddenidenity
    Thanks missus and I have no intention of leaving here... I have four years to get through this...
    You're all stuck with me
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 15-06-2017 at 6:17 PM. Reason: Brainfart
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 15th Jun 17, 6:22 PM
    • 822 Posts
    • 4,148 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Had a good Thursday :D
    Hey everybody

Well, today has been another good one.

Annual staff appraisal today and my bosses are very happy with me...

I now have to appraise my own staff... which will be good, as they all know I think they are bloody awesome

Hope you all had good days too
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 15th Jun 17, 9:43 PM
    • 4,623 Posts
    • 26,386 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad you've had a great day. Hopefully many more on the cards Always a bonus to be appreciated at work
    November NSD 4/12
    Weight loss 1/7lbs
    • doingitanyway
    • By doingitanyway 15th Jun 17, 9:52 PM
    • 2,089 Posts
    • 9,670 Thanks
    doingitanyway
    I'm being appraised tomorrow! I'm dreading it but maybe mine will go as well as yours. Hope so.
    Glad you had a positive day
    JANUARY 2016/SECURED DEBT=24,822/November 2017=4,490
    MORTGAGE FREE 25/07/16
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,278Posts Today

7,154Users online

Martin's Twitter