Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 5,059Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Rambling on...
    • 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    Rambling on... 21st Apr 17 at 9:01 PM
    Where do I begin? This is hard...
    OK, I'll begin with my SOA:

Household Info
    Number of adults - 1
    Number of children - 0 (they are with their Mum)
    Number of cars - 0

Monthly Income
    After tax - 2104
    Benefits - 0
    Other Income - 0
    Total Monthly Income - 2104

Monthly Expenses
    Rent - 295
    Council Tax - 80
    Elec - 30
    Gas - 30
    Home Phone/TV and Broadband - 45
    Mobile - 12
    TV Licence - 13
    Shopping - 170
    Clothes/Shoes - 30
    Childcare/nursery - 500
    Other Child related expenses - 500
    Haircuts/Shaving - 10
    Entertainment - 20
    Emergency Fund - 15
    Total - 1750

Assets

Cash - 0
    House value - 0 (N/A)
    Shares/Bonds - 0 (N/A)
    Car - 0
    Other Assets - 0
    Total - 0

Secured/HP Debt
    Mortgage - 38500
    Secured Debt - 19500
    Total - 58000

UnSecured Debts
    Loans/Short Term/Payday - 6060
    Credit Cards - 1450
    Old Mobile Account - 330
    Total - 7840

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total Income - 2104
    Expenses - 1750
    Available for debt repayments - 354

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total Assets - 0
    Total Secured Debt; -58000
    Total Unsecured Debt; -7840
    Net Assets; -65840
    there may be a few wee errors here as I had to type it all out as it wouldn't let me paste it in...

As you can see, it's BAD... How did it get so bad?
    When I left home and got my home of me own I thought I was doing great. Single lad, I had a good job, good income, social life etc.
    I had the mortgage with the bank, credit card with the bank, then a loan for my first car...then other loans... and so it began to build up.
    After a while I managed to clear the loans and the cards and was able to keep myself in the black.
    Eventually, I met a nice lassie, we got married, had kids and started to build up debts again... Loans for holidays, cars, furniture etc. Used Credit cards and the bank overdraft for emergencies... we thought we were doing alright.

I rented out my old pad, the rent covered the mortgage.
    Then out of the blue I lost my job...
    I lost the the old place cos my tenant moved out, got married and set up on her own. I couldn't get another tenant who stayed long enough and paid the rent to keep it going... I lost it... repossessed.

My marriage fell apart, I left my family and the family home... had a total meltdown/breakdown.
    I ended up homeless, going from friend to friend, whoever would put me up for a bit, let me have somewhere to sleep.
    This went on for a few years, until I was fortunate enough to land another job. The friend I was staying with encouraged me to apply for a flat with the local council and eventually I got one.

I began to get back on my feet again, furnishing my wee place with second-hand furniture and other basic household items from the local charity shops. I don't have anything much (the old laptop I'm using is held together with duct tape and is veerrrryyyy sllloooooow...).

Now, i am being chased for my debts, it's time to face up to the mess that I have made of my life and wipe out the debt and become and stay debt free....
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 21-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Page 49
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Dec 17, 7:49 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    The rolls eye smillie was removed a few years ago after it was misused.
    Originally posted by beanielou
    If it was removed for misuse it must have been REALLY bad
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 4th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I roll my eyes far too often
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 4th Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 612 Posts
    • 3,469 Thanks
    redofromstart
    If it was removed for misuse it must have been REALLY bad
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    It was considered unduly sarcastic. People would quote people and then do the rolling eyes thing. Floury rolling pins at dawn over on old style about it at the time.

• UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    YAY
    2Cellos live on Sky Arts
    Thunderstruck
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 4th Dec 17, 8:26 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 181,839 Thanks
    beanielou
    It was considered unduly sarcastic. People would quote people and then do the rolling eyes thing. Floury rolling pins at dawn over on old style about it at the time.

Originally posted by redofromstart
    Yes, twas daggers at dawn :
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 4th Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Oooo flame wars?
    Seen a fair amount of them in my time...

Sorry BTW just watching and listening to some amazing musos here...
    They're doing Highway To Hell
    Woo Hoo
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 5th Dec 17, 8:05 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning Folks

Back to work today...
    Thankfully we are now on the run down to the Holidays, however not slowing down too much as we still have a lot to do before we finish up.

Hope everyone has good days today
    Will, hopefully, catch up with everyone later on today
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 5:34 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope you had a good day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 5th Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Hi Folks

Had a good but busy day today at work.

Just about to have dinner and then I will need to go and get what I need to finally do my mince pies and also fill up with fuel...
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 5th Dec 17, 8:16 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Glad your day went well x
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 6th Dec 17, 8:37 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning Folks

Was side-tracked last night chatting with best mate about new ink and rework plans for new year...
    Both looking at getting started on these in new year and both of us are saving hard for this.

Today looks like being another busy one at work (when is it not lol)

Hope everyone has a good one today
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 6th Dec 17, 7:32 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope you had a lovely day x
    • 117pauline
    • By 117pauline 6th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 5,627 Thanks
    117pauline
    Thought I would pop over and say hello as you so kindly welcomed me on my thread.

Hope you have had a good day

Take care
    Pauline

And thank you for mentioning 2cellos. I have them on while I catch up with diaries
    Last edited by 117pauline; 06-12-2017 at 8:48 PM.
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 6th Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Had a busy wee evening

Have finally managed to sort out my PC protection, opted for KApersky Total Security as it had everything I needed... wasn't a paid for memory resident parasite like NotOn or GetAffoff... and doesn't pop up every two minutes telling me things I don't need to know (like AVG)

Been chatting with a dear friend about plans for ink next year... again

Prepared a BIG pot of homemade Chicken n Veg n Rice Soup, which is simmering away nicely (MUST remember to turn off the hob before bedtime...) Smells fantastic

I am now chilling with a brew before bedtime

Hope you've all had good days today folks
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 6th Dec 17, 10:31 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Prepared a BIG pot of homemade Chicken n Veg n Rice Soup, which is simmering away nicely (MUST remember to turn off the hob before bedtime...) Smells fantastic

I am now chilling with a brew before bedtime
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    Enough to share?

I have a brew too. Just waiting for my phone to come back on
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 6th Dec 17, 10:34 PM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    There's plenty

of both Brew and Soup
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 7th Dec 17, 8:11 AM
    • 868 Posts
    • 5,059 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning

Lurgy is trying to make a come back this morning... fending off again and I have Chicken Soup for later
    Also had a very unsettled nights sleep last night, possibly due to high winds last night though, it was wild up here...

Been revising my budget planner / journal layout for the coming new year too

Well, time to get to work again
    Wherever you are and whatever you're doing have a good one today
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 7th Dec 17, 8:27 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning

Ugh to lurgy! And even bigger ugh to rubbish sleep.

Hope work goes well x
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 7th Dec 17, 9:09 AM
    • 207 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Morning, soup sounds amazing, am quite jealous!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 181,839 Thanks
    beanielou
    Wild here too!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,741Posts Today

6,897Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin