Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 869Posts
    • 5,066Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Rambling on...
    • 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    Rambling on... 21st Apr 17 at 9:01 PM
    Where do I begin? This is hard...
    OK, I'll begin with my SOA:

Household Info
    Number of adults - 1
    Number of children - 0 (they are with their Mum)
    Number of cars - 0

Monthly Income
    After tax - 2104
    Benefits - 0
    Other Income - 0
    Total Monthly Income - 2104

Monthly Expenses
    Rent - 295
    Council Tax - 80
    Elec - 30
    Gas - 30
    Home Phone/TV and Broadband - 45
    Mobile - 12
    TV Licence - 13
    Shopping - 170
    Clothes/Shoes - 30
    Childcare/nursery - 500
    Other Child related expenses - 500
    Haircuts/Shaving - 10
    Entertainment - 20
    Emergency Fund - 15
    Total - 1750

Assets

Cash - 0
    House value - 0 (N/A)
    Shares/Bonds - 0 (N/A)
    Car - 0
    Other Assets - 0
    Total - 0

Secured/HP Debt
    Mortgage - 38500
    Secured Debt - 19500
    Total - 58000

UnSecured Debts
    Loans/Short Term/Payday - 6060
    Credit Cards - 1450
    Old Mobile Account - 330
    Total - 7840

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total Income - 2104
    Expenses - 1750
    Available for debt repayments - 354

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total Assets - 0
    Total Secured Debt; -58000
    Total Unsecured Debt; -7840
    Net Assets; -65840
    there may be a few wee errors here as I had to type it all out as it wouldn't let me paste it in...

As you can see, it's BAD... How did it get so bad?
    When I left home and got my home of me own I thought I was doing great. Single lad, I had a good job, good income, social life etc.
    I had the mortgage with the bank, credit card with the bank, then a loan for my first car...then other loans... and so it began to build up.
    After a while I managed to clear the loans and the cards and was able to keep myself in the black.
    Eventually, I met a nice lassie, we got married, had kids and started to build up debts again... Loans for holidays, cars, furniture etc. Used Credit cards and the bank overdraft for emergencies... we thought we were doing alright.

I rented out my old pad, the rent covered the mortgage.
    Then out of the blue I lost my job...
    I lost the the old place cos my tenant moved out, got married and set up on her own. I couldn't get another tenant who stayed long enough and paid the rent to keep it going... I lost it... repossessed.

My marriage fell apart, I left my family and the family home... had a total meltdown/breakdown.
    I ended up homeless, going from friend to friend, whoever would put me up for a bit, let me have somewhere to sleep.
    This went on for a few years, until I was fortunate enough to land another job. The friend I was staying with encouraged me to apply for a flat with the local council and eventually I got one.

I began to get back on my feet again, furnishing my wee place with second-hand furniture and other basic household items from the local charity shops. I don't have anything much (the old laptop I'm using is held together with duct tape and is veerrrryyyy sllloooooow...).

Now, i am being chased for my debts, it's time to face up to the mess that I have made of my life and wipe out the debt and become and stay debt free....
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 21-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Page 47
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Nov 17, 9:58 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Hiya SA

Glad to hear that Mr SA's brew has turned out good
    Maybe having the home brew as a hobby will be good for him
    If any advice is needed just ask
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 1st Dec 17, 7:44 AM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    YAY it's Friday

Morning folks, it's bloomin' freezin up here north o the wall... -3 this morning when I left for work
    Thankfully, today shouldn't be too busy and then it's the weekend YAY

Whatever you're doing and wherever you are, have a good one
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 9:11 AM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Happy Friday I did check it is Friday

Have a good day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 1st Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Urrrrrggghhhh... that's what I get for tempting fate this morning with the "Oh it won't be so busy today" line...
    Think the universe heard and went, "Oh, dae ye think so, aye? Soon see aboot that..."

Plus, I am defo coming down with something... cold / flu... something...

I have that, "I just want to curl up under my duvet" feeling that I only get when a cold / flu is coming on.
    I don't get man flu, or anything like that, it needs to be something REALLY serious for me to take to my sick bed... Going to keep hitting it with the cold n flu capsules. Stovies and a guid hot toddy tonight before bed.

Is it no time to go home yet? lol

Will update later when I get home
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 1st Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Not long in...

Defo got the lurgy
    All achy n tired n everything. Early night for me I think...
    Bed, duvet, some telly etc.

Hope everyone else is well and had good days
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 1st Dec 17, 7:10 PM
    • 703 Posts
    • 9,637 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    My Granda always recommended a wee dram as a cure for everything (my Irish Granny said it should be red biddy). Hope you feel better soon.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 1st Dec 17, 7:33 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Will be having a hot toddy before I actually go to bed to sleep tonight...
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 9:47 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 181,848 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope you are on the mend really soon.
    Take care
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 1st Dec 17, 9:52 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks
    Had a guid sized hot Toddy , Glenfiddich mixed with honey and now curled up in bed with my book and noseying about here
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 17, 9:56 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 181,848 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glenfiddich indeed

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 1st Dec 17, 10:28 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hope you're in bed and getting better x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 2nd Dec 17, 8:59 AM
    • 612 Posts
    • 3,472 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Hope you fell better soon US
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 2nd Dec 17, 11:05 AM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning folks

Feeling a bit better this morning, which is good as I have all my usual Sunday chores to do today.
    Tomorrow, as it's the first Sunday of Advent, the tree n decs go up

It's a tradition I picked up from my Parents / family, the Saturday before the tree and decs go up the house gets a full on blitzkreig of cleaning done. Anyone else have this tradition?
    Anyway, part way through and have stopped for brekkie n a cuppa
    Washing is on and the Bathroom and Living room are done so far.

Wee list of tasks in random order;
    Blitzkreig clean of house;
    Living Room - DONE
    Bathroom - DONE
    Kitchen - DONE
    Bedroom - DONE
    Hall - DONE

Brewing;
    Set up and start off second brew batch - DONE
    Check on first brew - DONE
    Check that I have enough bottles for when they are ready (important, as they will be bottled off within a couple of days of each other and I don't want to be short...) - CHECKED

Holidays Baking
    Mince Pies to be done - TBD (Tomorrow)

So, erm, yeah... busy

Will update as day goes on
    Hope you all have good days today
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 02-12-2017 at 4:33 PM. Reason: Updating completed tasks
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 2nd Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    • 612 Posts
    • 3,472 Thanks
    redofromstart
    Glad you are feeling better.

My bah humbug parents used to put the tree up on Christmas eve after we had gone to bed, but I get the logic of a big clean before you put stuff up. In my case I cant actually put anything up till I declutter and clean
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 2nd Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 2,710 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Glad you're feeling a bit better

Love your to do list too Gotta love a list

x
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 2nd Dec 17, 4:40 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Well, updated and all done or on the go...

Tomorrow, I will get the tree and decs up and then do the mince pies

Tandem brewing Stout and another batch of Father Hooks... The Stout will be ready to bottle off a couple of days before the Ale which gives me time to prep kit and bottles between them.
    When the Stout has been done I plan to brew the IPA and that will be all my Festive brewing done

The lurgy seems to be on the retreat but I am keeping going in the fight to get rid of it. Not been too bad at all today. Will have another Toddy tonight

Hope everyone has been having a good day today
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 2nd Dec 17, 5:50 PM
    • 4,725 Posts
    • 28,092 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad you feel better today. I thought I was coming down with a cold on Thursday but it didn't amount to anything - must've warded it off with red wine

I like to have a good pre Christmas big clean up, although waiting until the new carpets are down next week before I do it - there's stuff everywhere at the moment.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 2nd Dec 17, 7:31 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    New name for the Father Hooks Ale from my bestie is FARTER Hooks Ale as it causes him extreme flatulence... sorry if TMI but I think it's a great new name
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 2nd Dec 17, 7:37 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 181,848 Thanks
    beanielou
    New name for the Father Hooks Ale from my bestie is FARTER Hooks Ale as it causes him extreme flatulence... sorry if TMI but I think it's a great new name
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    TMI but

• UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 2nd Dec 17, 7:41 PM
    • 869 Posts
    • 5,066 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I met his missus and she told me that's what he calls it...
    although with what he eats, I'm not sure if it is the beer or a combination that is causing his... erm... issues
    I don't suffer from it and I have drunk a fair bit of it myself
    R.I.P. T.P.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

350Posts Today

2,714Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin