Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 886Posts
    • 5,145Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Rambling on...
    • 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    Rambling on... 21st Apr 17 at 9:01 PM
    Where do I begin? This is hard...
    OK, I'll begin with my SOA:

Household Info
    Number of adults - 1
    Number of children - 0 (they are with their Mum)
    Number of cars - 0

Monthly Income
    After tax - 2104
    Benefits - 0
    Other Income - 0
    Total Monthly Income - 2104

Monthly Expenses
    Rent - 295
    Council Tax - 80
    Elec - 30
    Gas - 30
    Home Phone/TV and Broadband - 45
    Mobile - 12
    TV Licence - 13
    Shopping - 170
    Clothes/Shoes - 30
    Childcare/nursery - 500
    Other Child related expenses - 500
    Haircuts/Shaving - 10
    Entertainment - 20
    Emergency Fund - 15
    Total - 1750

Assets

Cash - 0
    House value - 0 (N/A)
    Shares/Bonds - 0 (N/A)
    Car - 0
    Other Assets - 0
    Total - 0

Secured/HP Debt
    Mortgage - 38500
    Secured Debt - 19500
    Total - 58000

UnSecured Debts
    Loans/Short Term/Payday - 6060
    Credit Cards - 1450
    Old Mobile Account - 330
    Total - 7840

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total Income - 2104
    Expenses - 1750
    Available for debt repayments - 354

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total Assets - 0
    Total Secured Debt; -58000
    Total Unsecured Debt; -7840
    Net Assets; -65840
    there may be a few wee errors here as I had to type it all out as it wouldn't let me paste it in...

As you can see, it's BAD... How did it get so bad?
    When I left home and got my home of me own I thought I was doing great. Single lad, I had a good job, good income, social life etc.
    I had the mortgage with the bank, credit card with the bank, then a loan for my first car...then other loans... and so it began to build up.
    After a while I managed to clear the loans and the cards and was able to keep myself in the black.
    Eventually, I met a nice lassie, we got married, had kids and started to build up debts again... Loans for holidays, cars, furniture etc. Used Credit cards and the bank overdraft for emergencies... we thought we were doing alright.

I rented out my old pad, the rent covered the mortgage.
    Then out of the blue I lost my job...
    I lost the the old place cos my tenant moved out, got married and set up on her own. I couldn't get another tenant who stayed long enough and paid the rent to keep it going... I lost it... repossessed.

My marriage fell apart, I left my family and the family home... had a total meltdown/breakdown.
    I ended up homeless, going from friend to friend, whoever would put me up for a bit, let me have somewhere to sleep.
    This went on for a few years, until I was fortunate enough to land another job. The friend I was staying with encouraged me to apply for a flat with the local council and eventually I got one.

I began to get back on my feet again, furnishing my wee place with second-hand furniture and other basic household items from the local charity shops. I don't have anything much (the old laptop I'm using is held together with duct tape and is veerrrryyyy sllloooooow...).

Now, i am being chased for my debts, it's time to face up to the mess that I have made of my life and wipe out the debt and become and stay debt free....
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 21-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Page 46
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 27th Nov 17, 10:24 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks Sun Addict
    This is the lovely IPA that I have been raving about

Tastes as good as it looks too
    ... and yes I am sampling it a little earlier than the initial Drink by date... My Guru's of brew said it would be alright and they were... right...

I've decided to get another 25L fermentation bucket and do a tandem brew on both the Stout and the IPA. By doing one and then the other a couple of days apart will mean that both will be ready in time for Crimbo / Hogmanay
    How's Mr SA's brew coming along?
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 27-11-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 27th Nov 17, 10:27 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,907 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Looking Good US ... x

Where you buying your brewing stuff from? Somewhere local? x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 27th Nov 17, 10:56 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks
    Aye, there is a brilliant wee Home Brew and Wine Making store on the Dumbarton Road in Glasgow called GlenBrew or The InnHouse Brewery Co. They have a website so if you Google em you'll find em...
    They sell EVERYTHING to do with making your own Beer or Wine...
    Also, Wilko's has a good range of kit and products for Home Brew and I believe they are the only mainline High Street retailer that supports Home Brew and Wine Making. The Stout that I am going to be brewing is a Wilko one. It is very MSE, as I have saved a fortune by making my own. Brew kit prices vary from £12 upwards... most expensive brew I have purchased has been the IPA at £22.95. However, you get approx. 40 pints of brew, so, from a £12 kit it costs you 30p a pint... and my IPA works out about 57-58p a pint... Compare that to the cost of a bottle / can from supermarket or even a pint in the pub... MAJOR savings. Don't get me wrong, I love a decent pint in the pub and I don't mind paying for a quality brew, however the taxes levied on the breweries are what is pushing the prices up in the pubs. I mean, if I can obtain the ingredients to brew 40 pints at 30p a pint, how much can a big brewery do it for? Ok, of course, I know they have their overheads, salaries and bills etc. I know someone in my profession who is lucky enough to work in the brewing industry, I know roughly what their cost of production is per pint... it's a bit less than mine, until the overheads are applied...
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 27th Nov 17, 11:01 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Heading off to bed now
    Night folks
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 28th Nov 17, 9:34 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning Folks

Busy day ahead (again) as we have customers / clients visiting...

Be back this evening with an update

Have a lovely day
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 28th Nov 17, 9:38 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,907 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning

Have a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.”
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 28th Nov 17, 3:16 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Quick update...

All going well with our visitors and we are taking them out for some "hospitality" this evening... great... I need to wear a suit again...

Upside... free meal YAY

Will update when I finally get home tonight
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 28th Nov 17, 3:28 PM
    • 708 Posts
    • 9,685 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Hope you're being taken somewhere nice (and expensive).
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 28th Nov 17, 6:29 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks

Dashed home, showered and changed into "the suit"... heading back out to meet up with team and visitors.
    Boss is picking place to eat, so it should be ok...
    Hoping it's Frankie n Benny's my self
    Be back later with update
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 28th Nov 17, 10:23 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I'm back

...and it WAS Frankie n Benny's RESULT

Yeah, I know, I'm easy pleased... the visitors themselves picked it as it is near the airport and their hotel
    Lovely steak
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 29th Nov 17, 8:01 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning Folks

Think I'm coming down with a cold or something... cough, cough, sneeze etc
    NOT good...
    Taking Cold n Flu relief capsules to fend it off and got a big pot o Stovies for my dinner tonight

Busy day ahead, again...

Hope you all have good days wherever you are and whatever you're doing
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Scott_Weiland
    • By Scott_Weiland 29th Nov 17, 9:48 AM
    • 659 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    Scott_Weiland
    Hope you had a nice huge steak in Frankie and Bennys hmmmmm 16 oz steak on expenses lol
    Debts 15981.64 total paid 2078
    Cashback Earnings YTD £167.28 Survey Earnings YTD £552.88
    • redofromstart
    • By redofromstart 29th Nov 17, 12:07 PM
    • 624 Posts
    • 3,538 Thanks
    redofromstart
    I like F&Bs too - especially if it is 'free'
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 29th Nov 17, 5:37 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Evening folks

Had a good busy day today.
    Nasty bug is being kept at bay by a combination of Cold n Flu capsules and a BIG bowl of Stovies...

Have a few things to attend to this evening;
    Home brew
    Check some figures
    Head to The Swedish Shop for some bits n pieces for kitchen
    Chat with a wee pal

Catch up laters
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Nov 17, 7:49 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning Folks
    Happy St Andrews Day

Feeling a bit better this morning and hoping this lurgy does one pronto...

Managed to complete all of the items on my wee list from last night, really pleased with that;
    Kit prepped up and ready for next brew
    Figures checked and adjusted where necessary
    New BIG pot acquired and a few other wee utensils
    Chatted with pal

So, today, another busy one
    Today's wee list;
    Achieve an NSD
    Start the second brew off this evening
    Get two of the Crimbo Cakes to their recipients
    Keep fighting the lurgy

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing have a good one

PS We had snow this morning Not a lot, just a dusting but it was nice to see that white blanket this morning...
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 30-11-2017 at 7:53 AM.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 30th Nov 17, 8:52 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,907 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Morning Folks
    Happy St Andrews Day

Feeling a bit better this morning and hoping this lurgy does one pronto...

Managed to complete all of the items on my wee list from last night, really pleased with that;
    Kit prepped up and ready for next brew
    Figures checked and adjusted where necessary
    New BIG pot acquired and a few other wee utensils
    Chatted with pal

So, today, another busy one
    Today's wee list;
    Achieve an NSD
    Start the second brew off this evening
    Get two of the Crimbo Cakes to their recipients
    Keep fighting the lurgy

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing have a good one

PS We had snow this morning Not a lot, just a dusting but it was nice to see that white blanket this morning...
    Originally posted by UncannyScot

I want snow. Real snow!

Happy Thursday Have a good day

I'm sure good food and alcohol this evening will help to keep fighting the lurgy
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 30-11-2017 at 9:05 AM.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Nov 17, 8:58 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I want snow. Real snow!

Happy Friday Have a good day

I'm sure good food and alcohol this evening will help to keep fighting the lurgy
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    'Tis Thursday missus

Stovies, Ale and a hot toddy certainly helps
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 30th Nov 17, 9:06 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 2,907 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    'Tis Thursday missus

Stovies, Ale and a hot toddy certainly helps
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    wishing the week away

still my ideas the best
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 30th Nov 17, 9:44 PM
    • 886 Posts
    • 5,145 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Evening peeps

Busy day (again)

Got home and had a HUGE bowl of Stovies

Watched new episode of TBBT and have cracked a couple of brews and relaxing and catching up with my MSE buds

Hope you've all had good days today
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 30th Nov 17, 9:53 PM
    • 4,732 Posts
    • 28,184 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Mr SA's brew is ready - he's sampled it tonight and declared it excellent. So thanks for sowing the seed

We've even had a dusting of snow where I live - and it rarely snows here!
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,081Posts Today

6,406Users online

Martin's Twitter