Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    • 746Posts
    • 4,489Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Rambling on...
    • 21st Apr 17, 9:01 PM
    Rambling on... 21st Apr 17 at 9:01 PM
    Where do I begin? This is hard...
    OK, I'll begin with my SOA:

Household Info
    Number of adults - 1
    Number of children - 0 (they are with their Mum)
    Number of cars - 0

Monthly Income
    After tax - 2104
    Benefits - 0
    Other Income - 0
    Total Monthly Income - 2104

Monthly Expenses
    Rent - 295
    Council Tax - 80
    Elec - 30
    Gas - 30
    Home Phone/TV and Broadband - 45
    Mobile - 12
    TV Licence - 13
    Shopping - 170
    Clothes/Shoes - 30
    Childcare/nursery - 500
    Other Child related expenses - 500
    Haircuts/Shaving - 10
    Entertainment - 20
    Emergency Fund - 15
    Total - 1750

Assets

Cash - 0
    House value - 0 (N/A)
    Shares/Bonds - 0 (N/A)
    Car - 0
    Other Assets - 0
    Total - 0

Secured/HP Debt
    Mortgage - 38500
    Secured Debt - 19500
    Total - 58000

UnSecured Debts
    Loans/Short Term/Payday - 6060
    Credit Cards - 1450
    Old Mobile Account - 330
    Total - 7840

Monthly Budget Summary
    Total Income - 2104
    Expenses - 1750
    Available for debt repayments - 354

Personal Balance Sheet Summary
    Total Assets - 0
    Total Secured Debt; -58000
    Total Unsecured Debt; -7840
    Net Assets; -65840
    there may be a few wee errors here as I had to type it all out as it wouldn't let me paste it in...

As you can see, it's BAD... How did it get so bad?
    When I left home and got my home of me own I thought I was doing great. Single lad, I had a good job, good income, social life etc.
    I had the mortgage with the bank, credit card with the bank, then a loan for my first car...then other loans... and so it began to build up.
    After a while I managed to clear the loans and the cards and was able to keep myself in the black.
    Eventually, I met a nice lassie, we got married, had kids and started to build up debts again... Loans for holidays, cars, furniture etc. Used Credit cards and the bank overdraft for emergencies... we thought we were doing alright.

I rented out my old pad, the rent covered the mortgage.
    Then out of the blue I lost my job...
    I lost the the old place cos my tenant moved out, got married and set up on her own. I couldn't get another tenant who stayed long enough and paid the rent to keep it going... I lost it... repossessed.

My marriage fell apart, I left my family and the family home... had a total meltdown/breakdown.
    I ended up homeless, going from friend to friend, whoever would put me up for a bit, let me have somewhere to sleep.
    This went on for a few years, until I was fortunate enough to land another job. The friend I was staying with encouraged me to apply for a flat with the local council and eventually I got one.

I began to get back on my feet again, furnishing my wee place with second-hand furniture and other basic household items from the local charity shops. I don't have anything much (the old laptop I'm using is held together with duct tape and is veerrrryyyy sllloooooow...).

Now, i am being chased for my debts, it's time to face up to the mess that I have made of my life and wipe out the debt and become and stay debt free....
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 21-04-2017 at 9:04 PM.
Page 15
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 12:00 AM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Night readers
    I'm away to bed
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 16th Jul 17, 10:35 AM
    • 642 Posts
    • 9,048 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    I am so impressed. I can cook (after a fashion) but have never baked although I would love to be able to. My neighbour who makes amazing cakes (well amazing everything, actually) tells me it's easy. I'm not convinced. I can't believe that you managed to get all that equipment for so little. You have inspired me. I'm going to have a go. Watch this space.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 11:01 AM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Hi Toni'sfriend
    Check out Charity shops, the pound shops etc
    Decent equipment doesn't need to cost a lot as long as it is non-stick and easy to clean it will last long enough...
    I'm sure my Gran bought most of her stuff from Woolies... lol
    I'm off out now to get the last few bits I need to start baking so hopefully will have an update with photos soon
    Have a lovely Sunday everyone
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 16th Jul 17, 11:27 AM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,404 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Have a lovely day and thank you x
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 2:35 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I am all set now and after a cuppa n wee catch up with you lovely folks I am going to do some scones and maybe a Date n Walnut loaf...
    I'm SO excited, like being a kid again
    Photos will be taken of the results
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Chandelier.
    • By Chandelier. 16th Jul 17, 3:40 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 1,384 Thanks
    Chandelier.
    Scones sound good! All round yours for scones and tea lol.
    Check out my Diary
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 3:56 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    First batch of scones are in the oven, progress report and photos coming soon
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 4:27 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    First batch of scones :D
    How do I put photos in here? It keeps asking me for the url....
    I just want to paste em in from PC...

Anyway, they look and taste great
    I'll add the photos once I've figured out how to post em up... or If someone can gimme tips...
    Ok, I think this works...
    Erm, anyone see anything?
    Ok, trying single photos...
    The prep area by UncannyScot, on Flickr
    The first batch by UncannyScot, on Flickr
    Ready to eat by UncannyScot, on Flickr
    Last edited by UncannyScot; 16-07-2017 at 5:46 PM. Reason: BRAINFARTS and trying to play with techy thingys
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 16th Jul 17, 4:50 PM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,404 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    I think you need to upload to somewhere free (like flickr) and then use the URL in the URL button. I think but I could be well off
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 16th Jul 17, 4:59 PM
    • 3,035 Posts
    • 4,868 Thanks
    another casualty
    Uploading pics is a pita I find .
    Are you gonna do deep fried mars bars ( in batter I presume) and chips ?
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 5:06 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I did it! YAY

Check out the awesome scones...

We Scots don't deep-fry everything you know... OK most things we do... but not everything...
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 5:09 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I was going to tackle a Date n Walnut loaf but I need to the dinner on now so will do that another day...
    Well chuffed with my scones though and dead easy to do to
    Also in true MSE style it's cheaper and more fun than just buying them out the shops...
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 16th Jul 17, 5:11 PM
    • 642 Posts
    • 9,048 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    They look fantastic. I'm really impressed. Are you making the strawberry jam to go on them as well?
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thank you Toni'sfriend

ooohh JAM!!!!
    My Gran made JAM... haud oan...
    Yep, I has recipes for JAM...
    Will need to get the equipment though... so maybe another time...
    Gran made great JAM
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 16th Jul 17, 5:38 PM
    • 642 Posts
    • 9,048 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Mine used to make jam with the rhubarb that my Grandad grew in the garden. There was so much I think I was force fed it as a child. Find it difficult to eat it now but I do love strawberry and blueberry.
    • charlies tribe
    • By charlies tribe 16th Jul 17, 5:51 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 3,920 Thanks
    charlies tribe
    I love scones, they look great!
    LBM in April 17 - £4453/£33554 (13.2%) paid
    DFD: 1st May 2022
    SPC #591
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 16th Jul 17, 5:52 PM
    • 4,230 Posts
    • 26,404 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Oh yum! Cheese scones next?
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 5:56 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Thanks folks

Will be trying Cheese and Fruit Scones during the week as well as the Date n Walnut and yes, there will be photos
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 16th Jul 17, 6:03 PM
    • 3,035 Posts
    • 4,868 Thanks
    another casualty
    Those scones look really good . Great job
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Jul 17, 6:42 PM
    • 746 Posts
    • 4,489 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Dependent on time after dinner, I might just tackle the Date n Walnut loaf... maybe
    R.I.P. T.P.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

59Posts Today

3,878Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin