Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Threesha66
    • By Threesha66 21st Apr 17, 3:33 PM
    • 33Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Threesha66
    MPC / VCS/ Excel??
    • 21st Apr 17, 3:33 PM
    MPC / VCS/ Excel?? 21st Apr 17 at 3:33 PM
    Hi all,
    I've been reading lots of your posts after I got PCN on private land. I came to visit my friend who lives in flats that have their own parking site. There were as usual parking bays with numbers on where you can't park unless you have a permit with your reg no and number of your flat. And then there are visitor bays. I saw signs all over of course read them through and there is no information about visitors no specification of if you can park on visitor bay or you need to have permit on your windscreen neither my friend haven't received any other permits than his for his own car. I found the PCN morning on 02 of April and in bad mood opened and went straight back to my friends to make an appeal on their website as per information on the piece of paper.

Now I'm reading not to appeal straight away, obviously I already did and can't really remember exactly what I put in that appeal. It was something like I visited my friend and parked on bay for visitors and neither me or my friend received any other permits so didn't know I can't park there. I stated that my friend lives on that site in flat.

I made appeal on 2 of April and received confirmation e-mail on 14 of April sent by Excel Parking Services Limited with attachment of letter with heading of Vehicle Control Services LTD as stated bellow:

Dear Ms
    Re: Parking Charge Notice Number VCSxxx (Vehicle: xxx)
    Site: xxxxCar Park
    Issue date: 02/04/2017

We refer to your correspondence received in connection with the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN). Please ensure that all correspondence going forward is received through xxx website in order to correctly adhere with the appeals process. We have now made a decision on your appeal against the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN) and details of our decision have been sent to you by post via the address you provided within your appeal. Upon reciept you will find enclosed all relevant details, including a formal Notice To Driver (NTD). If for any reason you do not receive our decision, please visit xxx website and ensure that your contact details on system are correct and, as necessary, amend them.
    Yours sincerely,
    Appeals Administration Team Central Processing Office

* Letter with mistakes
    * This was sent on 14th and I haven't received anything yet.

Can anybody help what to do next? I saw many templates made for certain companies but I'm still not sure first I want to hear opinion from someone.

Thank you.
Page 3
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Jul 17, 11:28 PM
    • 16,579 Posts
    • 20,739 Thanks
    Redx
    the letter needs a spell checker running through it , but with a few minor alterations its fine

as mentioned above, if a letter is actually from a PPC or from their solicitors, you respond and rebut their allegations

its DCA letters you ignore , where a DCA has sent it (no matter whose letterhead they have used)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Threesha66
    • By Threesha66 7th Jul 17, 7:46 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Threesha66
    Hi Redx, This letter is still from VCS and signed by debt litigation manager so I assume it is a debt collection letter so I will ignore then.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 7th Jul 17, 10:06 AM
    • 1,651 Posts
    • 2,748 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Dear sirs,

I note your letter before claim dated.....
    I'm responding as the registered keeper to your letter and deny any debt to your client......

Due to my local knowledge of the area and having inspected the signs at the location stated....................... before responding to your letter, I would like to bring to your attention that these signs don't contain any consist of such wording about obtaining or displaying "visitor permits" itself. There is no information stated at all, on any of these signs to notifying a visitor that they must of how to obtain a temporary nor permanent permit, or how they can do so.

Therefore no contract can have been offered to, or created with, the driver obliging them to obtain and display a permit. then wasn't enabled to show any of these at the time. Therefore the parking charge £100 should be cancelled.

However sShould your client choose to issue a start further action, the claim it will be virogously defended.

Regards Yours faithfully
    Originally posted by Threesha66

Please don't think I'm being patronising changing your English, the reason I've done it is I think it won't help you if they think you are foreign (because they will think they can run in circles round you and intimidate you because you won't understand).
    • Threesha66
    • By Threesha66 7th Jul 17, 10:24 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Threesha66
    Thank you very much for correcting I appreciate it as I never been building up these kinds of letter before.
    I will keep this for later respond when I get an LBCC as the letter I received doesn't look like something I have to respond to.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 7th Jul 17, 10:26 AM
    • 1,651 Posts
    • 2,748 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    It won't do any harm to send it now (in case what you've had is a LBC) - if you later get a LBC just send it again
    • Threesha66
    • By Threesha66 7th Jul 17, 6:49 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Threesha66
    Hi Thank you. Should I put my name down the letter or just put registered keeper?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Jul 17, 6:52 PM
    • 16,579 Posts
    • 20,739 Thanks
    Redx
    the person who is receiving the "legal" letters should be the person replying , with their name and address , same as what is on the demands or legal letters that they received in the post

nobody else should be involved , although they can help the person being harassed

VCS will have written to the registered keeper, so that person is the one replying , KEEP IT THAT WAY

(which is why the amended reply earlier (reply #43) has REGISTERED KEEPER in the body of the letter)
    Last edited by Redx; 07-07-2017 at 6:54 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Threesha66
    • By Threesha66 7th Jul 17, 7:08 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Threesha66
    Ok I have put down your faithfully registered keeper and email I have is info@vehiclecontrol.co.uk
    • Threesha66
    • By Threesha66 7th Jul 17, 7:19 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Threesha66
    Just last quick question before pressing send. I have e-mail with my full name. Can I use it or should I send it from another e-mail?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 7th Jul 17, 7:26 PM
    • 16,579 Posts
    • 20,739 Thanks
    Redx
    personally , I would set up a gmail account in the name of the RK and use that one for this case , it can always be kept or thrown away later

I certainly would not use my own email
    Newbies !!
    • Threesha66
    • By Threesha66 7th Jul 17, 7:31 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Threesha66
    I have one mail but with no real name so I will use that one. I have put in heading the pcn number that is stated on the letter for them to know what it belongs to
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,686Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin