Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Korn319
    • By Korn319 21st Apr 17, 1:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Korn319
    Reclaiming package account fee success
    • 21st Apr 17, 1:40 PM
    Reclaiming package account fee success 21st Apr 17 at 1:40 PM
    Just want to say a massive thanks to the tools on this site! Pretty effortlessly I filled in the form and got directed to complaintresolver and sent the message to my bank... had a lady phone me 4 days later to get more information regarding why I believe the account was mis sold... and after 7 days of sending my initial email.. boom just under £1500 back in my account! Anyone with one of these packaged accounts... give it a go... you have nothing to lose.
Page 1
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 21st Apr 17, 1:48 PM
    • 6,415 Posts
    • 7,862 Thanks
    PeacefulWaters
    • 21st Apr 17, 1:48 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 1:48 PM
    Just want to say a massive thanks to the tools on this site!.
    Originally posted by Korn319
    I'm offended!
    • Korn319
    • By Korn319 21st Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Korn319
    • 21st Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 2:07 PM
    Tools of the template variety, rather than humanoid ������
    • ekeitout
    • By ekeitout 21st Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ekeitout
    • 21st Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 5:09 PM
    What an insult from NatWest. Their initial reply asks for more info because 'the complaint letter we received from you was not well articulated'.
    How rude is that???
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 21st Apr 17, 5:26 PM
    • 4,814 Posts
    • 4,540 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 21st Apr 17, 5:26 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 5:26 PM
    What an insult from NatWest. Their initial reply asks for more info because 'the complaint letter we received from you was not well articulated'.
    How rude is that???
    Originally posted by ekeitout
    Personally I wouldn't be thin-skinned enough to find that rude or insulting, although undoubtedly its tone could be softened a bit.
    • aldo63
    • By aldo63 25th Apr 17, 2:47 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aldo63
    • 25th Apr 17, 2:47 PM
    Packaged bank account with Barclays
    • 25th Apr 17, 2:47 PM
    I used the Resolver format and a lady from Barclays rang me last night my accounts ran from 1999- 2008 3 different accounts. She did ask me questions " did you use the free over draft facility, did you have a car, did you have a mobile fone, did you go on holiday" obviously I said yes to all questions. But hasn't everyone got these things. I did tell her I was not aware I was paying £12/15 a month for the accounts and I changed my bank when I found out. She more or less indicated I was not mis sold. Wish I had been more prepared. Can I appeal does anyone think.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 25th Apr 17, 3:45 PM
    • 4,814 Posts
    • 4,540 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 25th Apr 17, 3:45 PM
    • 25th Apr 17, 3:45 PM
    my accounts ran from 1999- 2008

[...]

I was not aware I was paying £12/15 a month for the accounts and I changed my bank when I found out.
    Originally posted by aldo63
    Putting aside the issue of nine years worth of statements with fees shown, if you're saying that you found out you were paying fees in 2008 and consequently changed accounts at that point, then it's no longer relevant whether or not you were missold as you're long since past the point of being able to claim any compensation for this, as claims have to be made within three years of being aware (or within six years of the alleged missale itself).

Or to be slightly more accurate, the bank is able (but not obliged) to reject your claim on timebarring grounds after those periods, so if it does then you have no further comeback other than court - the FOS won't take the case on for example.
    • takman
    • By takman 25th Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    • 2,281 Posts
    • 1,896 Thanks
    takman
    • 25th Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    • 25th Apr 17, 4:48 PM
    I used the Resolver format and a lady from Barclays rang me last night my accounts ran from 1999- 2008 3 different accounts. She did ask me questions " did you use the free over draft facility, did you have a car, did you have a mobile fone, did you go on holiday" obviously I said yes to all questions. But hasn't everyone got these things. I did tell her I was not aware I was paying £12/15 a month for the accounts and I changed my bank when I found out. She more or less indicated I was not mis sold. Wish I had been more prepared. Can I appeal does anyone think.

So you paid £12/£15 a month for 9 years on three different accounts and didn't even know about it?

You then realised in 2008 and changed banks and have now decided to make a complaint 9 years after you realised :O

I hope you have a better grip on your finances now!
    • Chalkius
    • By Chalkius 25th Apr 17, 4:59 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Chalkius
    • 25th Apr 17, 4:59 PM
    • 25th Apr 17, 4:59 PM
    You don't have a hope in hell. You're past the time limit, and it sounds like you used the benefits anyway. You should have complained a long time ago to even have a chance.
    • aldo63
    • By aldo63 26th Apr 17, 11:48 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aldo63
    Thanks for all comments. Just thought people shouldn't pay for bank accounts according to information in papers and online so thought it was a chance to get my money back. Didn't think there was a time limit sorry I got it wrong
    • Floraison74
    • By Floraison74 12th May 17, 8:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Floraison74
    Fabulous result
    FOUR THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN POUNDS AND NINETY ONE PENCE!!! That is what was credited to our bank account today, ten days after making a claim through Resolver. Absolutely fabulous result, cannot thank you enough for facilitating the process and for those of you wondering whether or not to do it, DO IT, what have you got to lose?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 13th May 17, 12:45 PM
    • 7,802 Posts
    • 4,629 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Tools of the template variety, rather than humanoid ������

'Humanoid' is almost as bad as 'tool'. A humanoid is human-like (ie not actually human).
    • curtv2
    • By curtv2 18th May 17, 9:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    curtv2
    For anyone thinking about claiming but aren't too sure just go for it.

I entered a claim on Tuesday via Resolver regarding a Lloyds account (I didn't even know you could claim these charges back) I held from 1991 to this day, I only had a packaged account from 1999 to 2010. The bank manager advised me to get one to help with a loan and then I just got stuck in it, I didn't use any if the attached insurances so it was really just a waste of money.

Lloyds called me yesterday and today to ask me a few questions and have agreed to refund me £2370 in the next few days, I'm absolutely delighted.

A huge thanks to MSE.com
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 18th May 17, 10:05 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 982 Thanks
    Lungboy
    Yup, it's definitely worth the small amount of time it takes. I got 9 years of fees refunded by Barclays a few weeks back after using Resolver from this site.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 19th May 17, 2:11 AM
    • 1,916 Posts
    • 831 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Just want to say a massive thanks to the tools on this site! Pretty effortlessly I filled in the form and got directed to complaintresolver and sent the message to my bank... had a lady phone me 4 days later to get more information regarding why I believe the account was mis sold... and after 7 days of sending my initial email.. boom just under £1500 back in my account! Anyone with one of these packaged accounts... give it a go... you have nothing to lose.

I have had a packaged bank account for decades, am satisfied with it and have no intention of 'giving it a go'. It's people like you who make things more difficult and expensive for the rest of us honest folk.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,218Posts Today

9,180Users online

Martin's Twitter