Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Optimusf
    • By Optimusf 21st Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Optimusf
    Help! Smart Parking taking me to court
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    Help! Smart Parking taking me to court 21st Apr 17 at 11:30 AM
    Guys

This is my dilemma .....

So in November my dad received a fine from Smart Parking, to which I appealed. I received a letter on the 5th January saying the appeal has been neglected. Therefore the deadline to pay is 20th January. So my dad paid on the 20th January. To avoid any hassle.

The payment went through on the 23rd January.

Since then we keep getting letters asking for £120 because the account has been left opened. After much debate i got proof from the bank that the payment was done on the deadline day so no need to pay the extra £120. DRPL who are the debt collector have emailed saying the statement shows the payment went through on the 23rd arghhhhhh. Once i sent the proof from NatWest. The debt company are now saying my dad paid £10 less. The fine was £60 not £50.

Ok, my dad's not silly to phone up and say I'm only going to pay £50. Why would he do that? I'm sure the customer service agent has made the error but there is no record.

Now DRPL are saying there client will be taking this to court as from their side they sent letters saying we underpaid. But we don't have any of the letters? Ie we didn't receive any.

I'm not too sure what to do and I'm really worried......
Page 2
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 1st Aug 17, 10:48 AM
    • 2,306 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    if you had read the newbie post (yes I know its long) you would understand that this can carry on up to six years .........

they have you marked down as some one who can / may be bullied ...

try

It may help to try your MP

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

let here know that there have been many complaints about this car park scam

he/ she may well help intervene

good luck

Ralph
    • Optimusf
    • By Optimusf 5th Sep 17, 5:37 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Optimusf
    Just received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors informing me that their client can now proceed to taking me to court, or they are giving me another opportunity to make the payment....
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Sep 17, 5:40 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Actually gladstones? Who does it say to pay?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Sep 17, 5:43 PM
    • 50,101 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Debt collector using Gladstones headed notepaper, as discussed a hundred times this year already?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Optimusf
    • By Optimusf 7th Sep 17, 9:09 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Optimusf
    It instruct me to pay the client...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Sep 17, 9:18 PM
    • 50,101 Posts
    • 63,483 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Who is the client? Smart? Or the debt collector?

We have seen Smart start a couple of claims now, both seen off easily, discontinued.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Sep 17, 10:24 PM
    • 14,582 Posts
    • 22,939 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Does the Gladstones reference number commence 1xxxxx, or 3xxxxx?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,523Posts Today

6,059Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin