Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SH33N4
    • By SH33N4 21st Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 4Thanks
    SH33N4
    Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks
    • 21st Apr 17, 11:30 AM
    Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks 21st Apr 17 at 11:30 AM
    Hello All,

Looking for some advise as I have just received a Parking Charge Notice from Euro Car Parks, which is the car park for Sainsbury's, Stanmore. I did not receive a ticket on the car on the date in question and this is the first time I have received anything from them.

I couldn't shop there that night, as it was closed and the payment machine was not working either, plus there was a few cars already parked there, so I left their car there for a few hours. We have all parked there before, after hours, as has been previously allowed. There was also no visible signs to say this was not allowed.

Do I have to pay it or can I just ignore it, as this parking ticket, as in a nutshell private charge notices are not able to be enforced - would that be correct?

TIA.
    Last edited by SH33N4; 23-04-2017 at 7:20 PM.
Page 2
    • SH33N4
    • By SH33N4 28th Apr 17, 3:32 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    SH33N4
    Yes, just as it says in the FAQs thread. No worries.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad

I have received the below email from them, what should I do:

Good Morning

If you wish to appeal please follow the appeals procedure

The appeals procedure can take up to 35 days to process your appeal

Signage on site is quite clear in its intent

It is the drivers responsibility to check all signage

You appeal has to be processed and rejected before a unique POPLA Code can be issued

Since the amendment to the Protection of Freedom Act October 2012 – all private car park operators have registered keeper liability

I am unable to assist you further

Regards

Customer Services
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 28th Apr 17, 4:20 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 3,551 Thanks
    DoaM
    Dear Customer Services,
    You already have the appeal with respect to this PCN ... you replied to it.

I expect to receive, within 35 days, either acceptance of the appeal and cancellation of the PCN or rejection of the appeal and a POPLA code. Any communication that does not fall into either of these categories will be deemed an abuse of process per the BPA code of practice (for which formal complaints will be made to the BPA and DVLA) , and may also be deemed as harassment.

Yours faithfully,
    {name}
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    • 51,507 Posts
    • 65,123 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If you wish to appeal please follow the appeals procedure
    Did you follow the correct appeals procedure, not just randomly email? On ECP's website. The portal with the little car icon.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• SH33N4
    • By SH33N4 29th Apr 17, 1:54 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    SH33N4
    Did you follow the correct appeals procedure, not just randomly email? On ECP's website. The portal with the little car icon.
    Hi,

As per the above advise, I emailed from my personal email address - I did not go through the ECP website, just sent an email.

Should I send the reply, as advised by DoaM below:

Dear Customer Services,
    You already have the appeal with respect to this PCN ... you replied to it.

I expect to receive, within 35 days, either acceptance of the appeal and cancellation of the PCN or rejection of the appeal and a POPLA code. Any communication that does not fall into either of these categories will be deemed an abuse of process per the BPA code of practice (for which formal complaints will be made to the BPA and DVLA) , and may also be deemed as harassment.

Yours faithfully,
    {name}
    Originally posted by DoaM
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Apr 17, 2:02 PM
    • 51,507 Posts
    • 65,123 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I did not go through the ECP website
    So.you.do.that.now...

We told you to appeal. ECP have replied telling you to follow the right process to appeal. Why is this not simple?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• SH33N4
    • By SH33N4 2nd May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    SH33N4
    So.you.do.that.now...

We told you to appeal. ECP have replied telling you to follow the right process to appeal. Why is this not simple?

I asked as DoaM advised emailing them back, so I was not sure whether to email them back or go through the website appeals procedure.

Apologies if this is not as simple for me, as it may be for you, but I am in this situation for the first time. hence the questions and confusion.

I have gone through the website appeals procedure now.

Thank you.
    Last edited by SH33N4; 02-05-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    • SH33N4
    • By SH33N4 9th May 17, 10:54 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    SH33N4
    Thank you all for your help and advise.

Got this email from Euro Car Parks and thought I'd share it with you all:

Dear Customer

I am pleased to inform you that your appeal has been made successful/ your parking charge notice was closed on 04/05/2017

No further action is required.

Kind Regards,

Customer Services
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Sep 17, 10:48 PM
    • 4,474 Posts
    • 2,794 Thanks
    KeithP
    ...wondered if you could offer me any help please? Many thanks.
    Originally posted by beansy
    SH33N4 hasn't signed in for over three months now.

Probably best you start your own thread.

But if you are thinking of posting that stuff again, break it up into paragraphs to make it easier for others to help you.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Sep 17, 10:49 PM
    • 15,506 Posts
    • 24,220 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Not your thread, so please start a new one (forum rules, one case one thread), but only after reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.

And please use your keyboard's 'Return' button to create paragraphs as it's unlikely that forum regulars will spend much time going boss-eyed trying to read your wall of text. Do us a favour, we have plenty of other better laid out posts to deal with and yours will be in danger of being ignored.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beansy
    • By beansy 11th Sep 17, 11:02 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 353 Thanks
    beansy
    Thank you both for your helpful reply and apologies.

It is so long since I posted on MSE as I was having login problems for so long I steered away from the site.

I have taken on board your kind suggestions and will re-post after reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1.

In the meantime, shall I make a copy of my post to save me having to retype it, then delete it in case anyone else replies to it?

Thanks

Beansy
    Last edited by beansy; 11-09-2017 at 11:14 PM.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Sep 17, 11:15 PM
    • 15,506 Posts
    • 24,220 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Leave it for now, then copy and paste once you've read the sticky. Decide whether to delete if you do open a new thread. Don't forget the paragraph formatting in any new thread.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,109Posts Today

9,024Users online

Martin's Twitter