Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ambroze
    • By ambroze 20th Apr 17, 9:45 PM
    • 59Posts
    • 15Thanks
    ambroze
    Claiming JSA after resigning
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:45 PM
    Claiming JSA after resigning 20th Apr 17 at 9:45 PM
    Im trying to give assurance to someone who quit his new job after 3 days due to not coping and hes refusing to sign on as hes never has before. His argument is that as he quit voluntarily he wont he granted them anyway. It was only a trial period. I googled his suggestion and it says 26 weeks delay if you quit without good reason. Does anyone have any experience?
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 20th Apr 17, 9:46 PM
    • 4,561 Posts
    • 9,182 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:46 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:46 PM
    That's the standard policy yes.

What was he doing before this? Can he return to it or something like it?

It's not set in stone however it's also not something anyone here can tell you. He'd need to make his case to the DWP.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 20th Apr 17, 10:33 PM
    • 2,737 Posts
    • 1,427 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:33 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:33 PM
    Yes 4 weeks sanctioned back in 2013

Appealed (pretty sure I brought up the whole 2 years less protection as part of it) and had it quashed.

Less then a month after lift I was back in work.

That was on a JSA only claim and the employer had a reputation with the job centre anyway so it probably helped as well.

His only doing himself an injustice by leaving trying to sign on - it'll become harder to explain if he's really no other option right now.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,253Posts Today

8,450Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin