Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChrisJJ
    • By ChrisJJ 20th Apr 17, 8:27 PM
    • 151Posts
    • 81Thanks
    ChrisJJ
    Kindle downloads failing - any ideas?
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:27 PM
    Kindle downloads failing - any ideas? 20th Apr 17 at 8:27 PM
    I'm having difficulty downloading programmes to my Kindle. I have two; one is absolutely fine but the second is now refusing to download from BBC iplayer, although Netflix seems to be ok.

When I click on 'download', it almost immediately says 'download failed'.

There is enough storage space available, so it's not that.

I'm not technologically inclined so am wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on this?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • dipsomaniac
    • By dipsomaniac 20th Apr 17, 9:22 PM
    • 5,556 Posts
    • 2,107 Thanks
    dipsomaniac
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:22 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 9:22 PM
    if internet is ok and you have tried rebooting kindle i would uninstall and reinstall iplayer app. you will lose any downloads you currently have when you uninstall
    "The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
    • AirCooledHeaven
    • By AirCooledHeaven 21st Apr 17, 10:06 AM
    • 846 Posts
    • 402 Thanks
    AirCooledHeaven
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:06 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:06 AM
    Most likely an issue with the app. There have been many complaints about the android version of this app coming up with this 'download failed' problem. Might be worth a shot to uninstall it and then reinstall.
    • ChrisJJ
    • By ChrisJJ 21st Apr 17, 4:02 PM
    • 151 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    ChrisJJ
    • 21st Apr 17, 4:02 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 4:02 PM
    Thanks - I appreciate your replies I did indeed reinstall the app and things seem to be working now. That's a relief

Thanks again!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

80Posts Today

1,916Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin