Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Julie Loxley
    • By Julie Loxley 20th Apr 17, 8:06 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Julie Loxley
    Lloyds Bowmaker Harley Davidson Bike Loan
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:06 PM
    Lloyds Bowmaker Harley Davidson Bike Loan 20th Apr 17 at 8:06 PM
    I took out a loan through a bike dealership to buy a Harley in 2002. I have the Registration no and date I took the loan out. I paid off the loan within approx 3 months - because when I signed up for the loan the dealership told me the interest rate would be much lower than the 12% stated when the paperwork came through in the post. So I sourced a lower interest rate loan asap to pay it off. I'm assuming PPI was included with the loan as most were I understand with Lloyds/ Bowmaker. I wondered if anyone knows the address I need to write to in order to make a PPI claim re: this loan and whether the loan date and bike registration no. will be enough for the to track down the loan? The deanship still had the bike reg and details of who the loan was with, but no account no for the loan and I no longer have bank statements going back to 2002. Thanks for any help.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 20th Apr 17, 8:42 PM
    • 18,785 Posts
    • 8,959 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:42 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:42 PM
    You have to complain to the dealer who sold you the bike and finance, not Lloyds.

Assuming you had PPI is not a valid complaint. You first need to establish if there was PPI and, if so, how it was mis-sold to you.

This is also pre-regulation (2005), and if the dealership says there are no records of the loan then your complaint is over before it's begun.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,249Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin