Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • P55HRH
    • By P55HRH 20th Apr 17, 8:04 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    P55HRH
    Google pixel hell!
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:04 PM
    Google pixel hell! 20th Apr 17 at 8:04 PM
    Hi All,

5 weeks ago I purchased a Google Pixel (Blue) from Carphone Warehouse for £600 PAYG. Within a day of ownership the paint began to chip and, I started to suffer from thermal issues (overheating). I contacted Google Pixel Support directly from the phone and was told to return the device. They also told me within 5 days of them receiving the device they'd send my replacement.

So, I sent the phone off , Google received it and I waited with baited breath for my replacement to come through in the post.

As a week went by I contacted Google to ask where my phone was, as I had heard nothing, I was told the highest tier of support was dealing with the matter and I'd hear back soon.

5 Weeks later and probably 10 phone calls and 50 emails, I've not got my pixel phone back and they won't tell me what's holding it nor will they tell me the ETA on getting my phone back. They've used multiple excuses for this delay including: stock issues, support issues and the 'highest tier of support dealing with it' but I'm yet to hear anything of substance in fact, I keep receiving the same copy + pasted messages.

I'm now out of 30 day faulty phone return policy for CPW and as Google still have my phone could be another 5-6 weeks before I see a phone.

Because, I was phoneless because of this I went out a purchase a iPhone balloning a £600 to over £1000.

What rights do I have in this situation? Google have been incredibly unresponsive in this entire process and I'm so disappointed in their response and unwillingness to help.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Apr 17, 8:13 PM
    • 28,991 Posts
    • 18,300 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:13 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:13 PM
    Have to ask but why did you not return it to the retailer ? They are your first port of call.

I can't see you can claim for the iphone as you decided to buy an iphone,you could have bought a significantly cheaper phone.

As for the service you have received from Google it hasn't been the best.

Apologies I cant advise you further.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 20-04-2017 at 8:18 PM.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • P55HRH
    • By P55HRH 20th Apr 17, 8:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    P55HRH
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:19 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:19 PM
    I tried, CPW advised that I return the phone to Google directly through their support on the phone.

Not overly bothered about claiming for the iPhone but, I shouldn't have to be phoneless for this long, especially when I use my phone for business.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Apr 17, 8:28 PM
    • 28,991 Posts
    • 18,300 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:28 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:28 PM
    I tried, CPW advised that I return the phone to Google directly through their support on the phone.

Not overly bothered about claiming for the iPhone but, I shouldn't have to be phoneless for this long, especially when I use my phone for business.
    Originally posted by P55HRH
    No you shouldnt be without a phone this long.

See this might be where it gets tricky or it might not, did you buy it specifically to use for your business ? Did you mention kt was for business use ? You might have been lucky if you didnt mention it was a business purchase.

When you buy stuff for business use your rights are different as if you were a normal customer.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 20-04-2017 at 9:34 PM.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 20th Apr 17, 10:48 PM
    • 3,738 Posts
    • 4,733 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:48 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:48 PM
    Another example of why you should always, always return to the retailer and not the manufacturer. bris, are you reading?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

302Posts Today

1,115Users online

Martin's Twitter