Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blizeH
    • By blizeH 20th Apr 17, 8:00 PM
    • 1,215Posts
    • 570Thanks
    blizeH
    0 WOW
    Is there a way to get even slightly reasonable late London stays?
    • 20th Apr 17, 8:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Is there a way to get even slightly reasonable late London stays? 20th Apr 17 at 8:00 PM
    I sometimes go to London at late-ish (two week) notice, and hate driving back at night so would like to stay over.

This Saturday I've been keeping an eye on prices for the past couple of weeks and the cheapest I've seen is 100 for a Travelodge 6 miles out of town - I'm fine staying further out as long as it's on a tube, but the price is still pretty high.

I've looked on Hotels.com and Expedia and even shared rooms in a hostel are going for around 60.

Are there any other sites worth looking at? Or any tips/tricks to get cheaper last minute deals? Thanks!
Page 1
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 21st Apr 17, 2:06 PM
    • 2,822 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    • 21st Apr 17, 2:06 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 2:06 PM
    The problem with London is that demand frequently outstrips supply and leaving it to the last minute isn't always the best idea. Laterooms may help, I found plenty of rooms available around 60 for this Saturday but I wouldn't vouch for their quality or location.

One hotel on the Park Royal Estate in west London claims it is 10 minutes to the centre, even Concorde couldn't have done it in that time, 30 minutes would be pushing it and frequently a lot more. You can ask the system to show in quality or price order so that can be helpful. Trivago may help although I don't always find their pricing to be as cheap as they claim.

If you do find a hotel, consider phoning them direct and see if they can beat the price as they have to pay all these websites a commission if the bookings are made on line
    • EconomicsGirl
    • By EconomicsGirl 22nd Apr 17, 12:07 AM
    • 249 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    EconomicsGirl
    • 22nd Apr 17, 12:07 AM
    • 22nd Apr 17, 12:07 AM
    If you are not fussed about character and just looking for comfor table and clean then Premier Inn site is worth a try. Found one is zone 5 good area 78 for Sat night (tonight) for double.
    • blizeH
    • By blizeH 22nd Apr 17, 8:45 AM
    • 1,215 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    blizeH
    • 22nd Apr 17, 8:45 AM
    • 22nd Apr 17, 8:45 AM
    Thanks both! I've also just realised it's the London Marathon on Sunday which probably won't have helped with the prices.

In future I'll definitely give Laterooms (but make sure I check the locations based on your post!) and Premier Inn a look - not overly fussy about character, but yeah something clean and with an ensuite is all we're after, so Travelodge, Premier Inn are perfect.
    • EconomicsGirl
    • By EconomicsGirl 22nd Apr 17, 10:34 AM
    • 249 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    EconomicsGirl
    • 22nd Apr 17, 10:34 AM
    • 22nd Apr 17, 10:34 AM
    It is also worth bearing in mind many tube lines end in different counties so may not come up on a London search but you can get to central London in say 30 mins. The one I looked at yesterday doesn't come up on a London search but is zone 5. The location can be very important though particularly once it's dark.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,389Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Just looking at the final(ish) Premier League table. The gap between the top seven and the rest is huge. Has it ever been more lopsided?

• Follow Martin