Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MissDevon
    • By MissDevon 20th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    • 14Posts
    • 5Thanks
    MissDevon
    Mortgage after reposession
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:58 PM
    Mortgage after reposession 20th Apr 17 at 6:58 PM
    I have used this site as a source of information, advice and support over the years but have not posted often. I regularly would search to see if there was evidence of anyone gaining a mortgage after a repossession but never found anything positive.

So I wanted to share that after a voluntary repossession of a flat in early 2013 which left a massive shortfall, I have spent some time rebuilding my credit file and saving and have managed to get a mortgage with a well known high street bank for my dream home.

I just wanted to share to give others hope that hard work does pay off and that the banks are willing to consider people with negatives on their credit file.
Page 1
    • ACG
    • By ACG 20th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 15,235 Posts
    • 7,701 Thanks
    ACG
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:06 PM
    Good to hear.
    I can echo the above, I have a case waiting on a completion date at the minute for a client with bankruptcy and reposession.

So it can be done and at normal rates.

As with anything though, it is all in the details. If the reposession was 12 months ago then you may find your options limited, the more historic and the more deposit you have, the better your chances are.

Congrats. I still get that buzz when I get to tell clients they have their mortgage offer, especially those who have had bad credit or are doubtful about their chances.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,839Users online

Martin's Twitter