Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • scroft21
    • By scroft21 20th Apr 17, 6:50 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 99Thanks
    scroft21
    debt relief order and Virgin Media
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:50 PM
    debt relief order and Virgin Media 20th Apr 17 at 6:50 PM
    Hi

I hope all well, Can anyone help? I have an Debt relief order put in place in march this year. Virgin Media has just become an option on my street.

I signed up but they have refused because of my poor credit. I have offered to pay up front, I am told they still have pass a credit check, and they no options. Has anyone got Virgin Media with an active debt relief ?

Thank you, for reading

Sarah
    A far 2008:
    Quidco: £211.11
    Ipoints: 1032
    amazon: £122
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 20th Apr 17, 7:28 PM
    • 11,968 Posts
    • 11,451 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:28 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 7:28 PM
    Unfortunately if that's virgin medias acceptance criteria, and they say no, then it's no.
    Other options are available.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • scroft21
    • By scroft21 20th Apr 17, 11:07 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    scroft21
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:07 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 11:07 PM
    Thank you for your reply, no other fibre optic which why its so bad, as they are in the area, unlikely other-other fibre optic options going to come any time soon

Sarah
    A far 2008:
    Quidco: £211.11
    Ipoints: 1032
    amazon: £122
    • mwarby
    • By mwarby 21st Apr 17, 6:30 PM
    • 801 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    mwarby
    • 21st Apr 17, 6:30 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 6:30 PM
    Could you get it in someone elses name ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,814Posts Today

8,967Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Interesting well argued take on the Uber situation from a black cab driver... https://t.co/c1I5ta0jde

• Follow Martin