Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Catg
    • By Catg 20th Apr 17, 6:36 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Catg
    Liability Notice from P.C.P aka Parkshield
    • 20th Apr 17, 6:36 PM
    Liability Notice from P.C.P aka Parkshield 20th Apr 17 at 6:36 PM
    Hi Everyone,

First of all thank you for all the information that is already on this forum.

I have received a parking charge notice from PCP at the end of January and made the mistake of ignoring the notice to keeper that they sent after leaving the ticket on my car as I was wrongly advised by friends that nothing would happen if I ignored it.
    I have now received a Liability Notice and want to act upon it as I have proof that no signage was displayed at the time the ticket was issued. I have some photos dated 1st of February and also they have now put up signs were before there were none.
    Link to my liability notice imgur.com/a/RzxXc

I have read the Newbies thread but I am a bit confused as to which stage on the list am at the moment and how do I go about letting them know I have proof and I don't intend to pay.
    I have also tried to search the forum but "liability notice" doesn't seem to narrow down the list.

I can't find an email address that I can write to.
    There is an online appeal page on their website parkingenforcementagency.org/appeals but there is a disclaimer that says "You may only appeal the parking charge if you were the driver at the time of the incident." which I understand it something I should not do, right?

Anyway any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Cat
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Apr 17, 10:42 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:42 PM
    • 20th Apr 17, 10:42 PM
    imgur.com/a/RzxXc

Treat it as if you are at NTK appeal stage. I would not use the template, I would use your evidence, sounds amazing:

I have proof that no signage was displayed at the time the ticket was issued. I have some photos dated 1st of February and also they have now put up signs were before there were none.
    Warn them that you will report them to the DVLA and the IPC for issuing PCNs without any signs. And do so.

You do not have to say who was driving.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Catg
    • By Catg 21st Apr 17, 10:54 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Catg
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:54 AM
    • 21st Apr 17, 10:54 AM
    Thanks for the advise!
    This might be a dumb question but how do I email PCP? I can't find an address on their website, does that mean I can only send them a letter?
    Will this be treated as an appeal by them? I am worried that I am outside the 21 days from the date of issue as they say on their website.

Many Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Apr 17, 7:28 PM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Apr 17, 7:28 PM
    • 21st Apr 17, 7:28 PM
    If neither letter has an email address or online appeals portal then you will have to send a letter.

Keep a copy in your file and keep proof of posting (from your PO counter, NOT signed for, just a free certificate of 1st class posting receipt).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Catg
    • By Catg 8th Sep 17, 9:11 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Catg
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:11 AM
    Update
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:11 AM
    Hi there,

So I wrote to PCP as discussed and just got a reply that didn't aknowledge any of the points in my letter. After reading posts on this forum, I can't say I am surprised but I was wondering what my next steps are.
    I also complained to the DVLA and they brushed off my complaint but I don't have the letter on me so I'll scan that later on.

link to the reply from PCP
    ibb.co/fhVT4F
    link to my original letter (based on a template, hope I got everything right!)
    ibb.co/g0Lyoa

I'm so angry about this whole thing!

Thank you for your help

Cat
    Last edited by Catg; 08-09-2017 at 9:13 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Sep 17, 9:33 AM
    • 33,227 Posts
    • 17,175 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:33 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 9:33 AM
    You look to be outside the time limits for appeals. As you will see in the newbies FAQ thread, sppeals to IPC companies is futile anyway

So you are now in the debt collectors stage.

Ignore debt collectors.

If you get court correspondence then don't ignore that. There is advice in the newbies FAQ thread on dealing with court.

You can post links by disguising them . Replace http with hxxp
    Last edited by Quentin; 08-09-2017 at 9:39 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    • 51,440 Posts
    • 65,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:39 AM
    wondering what my next steps are.
    Nothing except to complain to your MP (please do). There is a new Bill going through in 2018 intended to rein in the worst conduct of this scumbag industry. Tell your MP how you feel.

None of the above is telling you to pay - no-one here pays these, just keep everything in case they try a small claim, in which case our success rate in defences is phenomenal (one lost in over a year, no big deal, no CCJ).

If you move house, give them the new address so you never miss a court claim (rare from PCP).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

2,290Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin